Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
thamrick

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1641 Post by thamrick » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:06 pm

@Bo - have you peeked your nametag yet?

thamrick

#1642 Post by thamrick » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Also @Bo - how have your reads changed since D3? Thoughts in general about D4?

bozotheclown

#1643 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:13 pm

@Pouncy: Have you had your nametag confirmed?

Ezio

#1645 Post by Ezio » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:56 pm

##vote Bo_Sox

Ezio

#1646 Post by Ezio » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:57 pm

Today it's a free lynch. It won't be a free lynch tomorrow. If he's town it costs us nothing, and if he's scum we catch him before he can make it through LyLo and offload the nametag.

thamrick

#1647 Post by thamrick » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:50 pm

Ezio wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:57 pm
Today it's a free lynch. It won't be a free lynch tomorrow. If he's town it costs us nothing, and if he's scum we catch him before he can make it through LyLo and offload the nametag.
What do you think of Foxy's point that we'll know he offloaded the nametag if we don't lynch him today?

bozotheclown

#1648 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:14 am

@thamrick: Foxcastle was wrong that we would get a chance to lynch a scum bo_sox if he performs the NK D6. If bo_sox is scum and we lynch a scum Ezio D5, if we mislynch D6, bo_sox can perform the NK N6 and it would not matter that he gives himself away, because there would only be three players left, bo_sox, a town with a vote, and a town with DD, so the vote would be tied 1-1 and scum would win.

thamrick

#1649 Post by thamrick » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:43 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:14 am
@thamrick: Foxcastle was wrong that we would get a chance to lynch a scum bo_sox if he performs the NK D6. If bo_sox is scum and we lynch a scum Ezio D5, if we mislynch D6, bo_sox can perform the NK N6 and it would not matter that he gives himself away, because there would only be three players left, bo_sox, a town with a vote, and a town with DD, so the vote would be tied 1-1 and scum would win.
Foxy was saying to no lynch D6.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1650 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:30 am

I will vote for the only one that I am 100% sure is scum.

##vote Ezio

I don't buy this lynch Bo thing. It's only about mechanics, or someone really thinks bo is scumier then Ezio or Bozo (or me, considering the Peterlund thing)?

Ezio

#1651 Post by Ezio » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:34 am

Yes it's mechanics but it's about mechanics that are 100% knowable. By lynching him we let scum get another NK, fine. The only thing it costs us is the ability for us to vote NoLynch tomorrow and let scum narrow down the field for us.

thamrick

#1652 Post by thamrick » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:46 am

@Ezio - can you look through your PMs and tell me what time you checked your nametag?

Ezio

#1653 Post by Ezio » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:07 am

Friday march 23 10:10 pm is when I heard back. I asked at 10:04.

bozotheclown

#1654 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:26 am

@thamrick: I missed that Foxcastle was suggesting a no lynch D6. I believe that works also if bo_sox is scum. If bo_sox is the role blocker, he could get rid of the DD tag with the RB before the NK, but then the NK would have the tag of whoever was RBed and we would still have two town vote to lynch him D7.

bozotheclown

#1655 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:30 am

@rdrivera: It is not that bo_sox is a better suspect, but he is a possibility for the last scum, and lynching him does not cost us our last mislynch.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1656 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:35 am

Thank you, Tom, for the humorous notice that I’m finally free from the grips of the man who has been dead for 24 hours. I am clearly not much of an escape artist.

##VOTE Ezio

Darg asked a GM question on page 79 (though he didn’t tag it as such) and I would appreciate an answer since, believe it or not, I don’t know the answer. Can a GM address whether or not I was able to talk in a mafia QT while I was kidnapped?

@darg … yes, I do still like my points system. In fact, if there was any doubt I had in my points system, the day’s events completely vindicated me. The purpose of my points system was to put the people that are nearly universally scumread on a pedestal. If we had used my points system, xorxes would have been far and away the clear #1 going into the day *and* the conversation would be about him. We all look at him. We all think about him. We all interrogate him and either solidify or collectively reconsider our nearly universal read. It directs the conversation in the direction that the town wants to go and limits the scumteam’s ability to manipulate the early day, which they clearly tried to do to take the pressure off of xorxes. Until the last few minutes of the day when a few smart players (scum smart or town smart?) pushed xorxes over the top, it looked from my vantage point that the Ezio/rdrivera smokescreen might actually work.

@tham … hopefully the above answers your questions too, but in short I think that the scumteam went mad trying to keep xorxes from getting lynched on D4. Ezio almost certainly revealed himself. If the last member of the team didn’t reveal himself on D4, it was very intentional. We can spot it either way. D4 was a great day for us.

@bozo … brainbomb was a stupid lynch on D2. The cop claim was stupid enough and harmful enough for town as is, and then yall went and hammered brainbomb. It left us no info at all. We could have gone and gotten brain on any day. It didn’t have to be D2. You say I was trying to “steer the lynch away from brainbomb” as if I was trying to direct attention away from him. I say I’m not stupid enough to try something so callous if I’m his teammate.

@all … after lynching Ezio, I’m not going to put myself forward as a lynch. I’m not sure what merit there would be to a) losing a scum vote with a chance to win, b) not kidnapping a town vote with a chance to win, c) losing a scum vote down the road by transferring the DD tag to a teammate instead of a town player, d) wasting an influential scum voice with a chance to win, and e) not kidnapping an influential town voice with a chance to win. I’m as clear as it gets without a cop scan or total reveal and yet I won’t get NKed. If you don’t see the value of my input down the road, you’re letting conspiratorial thoughts that don’t actually add up with the reality of the game cloud your judgment. The following post is a great example of what I’m talking about:
dargorygel wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:35 pm
a) To help ensure he makes it further towards endgame. b) to make it LOOK like he is not in the mafia. c) Because he is busy irl and didn't want to lurk, so he talked them into kidnapping him.
a) My path toward the endgame hasn’t been threatened at all in a long time; b) I already don’t look like mafia; c) what?

The scumteam has spent the last day attacking me via the mechanics of the game and now the best argument for lynching me is the fact that they have shifted the mechanics of the game against me. Maybe I’m biased, but it seems to me like they are completely hoping that town will vote to take away my input. That’s the last piece of that plan.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1657 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:37 am

@thamrick ... I was goldfinger0303 some time ago, before I was kidnapped. I think I peeked on D3 but I should double check that. I'm not sure how I came to be bo, but obviously at some stage I was bo if xorxes targeted me and ended up bo. I wasn't notified of any RB or being targeted in some way, so I'm not sure how that happened.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1658 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:38 am

I'll vote no lynch toward the end of the day unless there's a runaway vote, but there shouldn't be.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1659 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:48 am

I peeked on N3 and was told I was goldfinger0303 before the night was out.

Ezio

#1660 Post by Ezio » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:57 am

The best argument against Bo is indeed that he's a free lynch, and it's a pretty damning argument.

There is nothing hardclearing Bo. He can talk all he wants about how the kidnap clears him, but that's exactly the argument they could have thought up while deciding to kidnap him.

If Bo Sox is scum we need to lynch him, and if we're wrong about him it's best to lynch him now when it doesn't cost if he's actually town. It's a no downside play with insanely high upside, and it's only available now. If you guys mislynch me today it's simply game over. Bo sox puts the nametag on town while they NK a different town and tomorrow it's 2-2 in votes and scum wins.

If we lynch him, even if he's town, scum don't control the DD nametag anymore so it will be 3-2 in votes.