MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: MAFIA 48 -The Gladiator- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3601 Post by damo666 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:18 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:05 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:02 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:40 am
Current breakdown is 8 town (4 confirmed, 4 unknown), 3 scum, 1 3P

Yuuki will die at the end of Night 4.
Bodyguard should protect worcej each night until he uses his nightkills.
Brainbomb should roleblock someone in the unclear pool (the 6 in the last post)

Scenario Branch 1: xorxes is successfully lynched
In this scenario, xorxes is either the Jailer or the Goon and is lynched. If xorxes flips Jailer, then the Bodyguard should immediately claim. Worcej should put a bullet in one of the other 5 in the scum pool, based on what we discuss. If xorxes flips goon, then NO ONE should talk at night, except worcej, who should tell us who he is planning on shooting immediately following beginning of night. If that person is Bodyguard, THEN they should claim, unless the Bodyguard is in jail. Worcej should then shoot someone else besides that person. If there is a CC, pick one to shoot, and we'll lynch the other if you chose wrong.

Scenario Branch 2: xorxes is lynched and doesn't die
In this scenario, xorxes is the Deathproof Gladiator and uses his immunity to survive the lynch. If this happens, worcej should use one of his nightkills to kill xorxes overnight so that he cannot use his challenge if he still has it. Assuming a mafia night-kill (likely brainbomb or myself), this would put us at 6-2-1 for Day 5. Bodyguard should claim at beginning of Day 5, and the town should be able to sort it out from there (especially if EMC decides to work with us and puts two unclears against each other).
Should Bb hold due to danger of RB BG?
Bodyguard can't be roleblocked, so no.
Why not?

damo666

#3602 Post by damo666 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:19 pm

yuuki wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:18 pm
That is one scummy question from damo
How so?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3603 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:39 pm

yuuki wrote:
I got the same vibe. Damo should know the answer already.

Carambola

#3604 Post by Carambola » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:42 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:31 am
So, we have 12 players alive currently, broken down as such:

Town:
- Chaqa (Lazy Cop)
- Brainbomb (Roleblocker)
- Worcej (Maximus)
- Yuuki (Adrenaline Junkie)

Survivor:
- EMC

Scum:
- xorxes

Scumpool:
- Carambola
- Damo
- RagingIke
- Rivera
- Temasek
- Floodgates (Vecna)

I will first go over a brief voting history of each of them. Then, I will outline who I think the scumteam is. Lastly, I will provide a guide for us to follow to win this game based on what happens with xorxes.

*reminder: 2 scum, 3 VT, 1 bodyguard in this group

Carambola
Cara voted for Vecna briefly on Day 1, and then for Vapor. On Day 2, he voted for Jamiet immediately after Neph and stayed there. He didn't vote on Day 3. Day 4 he did the obvious and jumped on Neph/xorx. But I want to draw attention to this post:
Carambola wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:32 pm
Carambola wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:53 pm

???????
Please link when I said that. Your ludicrous attempt to throw a shade on another player lying about what he supposedly said is something I would want you to explain.

I’m voting you to be lynched from now on, talking sΩℵΓ∈ shows what your role is.

BTW, i am it page 111 or so, still a lot to read.
I was voting Neph no matter what, I already said so this night after reading the thread (and missing the deadline to vote while reading, I know); I was convinced by this blatant lie where he was framing another player trying to get advantage of the fact that said player (me) was not too much around and was probably going to miss reading it because of the 50 pages of catch up. But hey, I did read it all, and spotted his lying about me.

So, []vote Nephthys

Btw, he also put me as s/s with Ike, while the only reading I have had of him the whole game was scum. And I was pretty clear about it from day 1.
This post is extremely scummy to me, particularly this line: "Btw, he also put me as s/s with Ike, while the only reading I have had of him the whole game was scum. And I was pretty clear about it from day 1." I have a thought that one possible scumteam is Cara/Ike, BUT, this is more likely a "if Cara is scum, Ike is also scum" than a "if ike is scum, Cara is scum". Basically, if Ike flips scum, Cara may still be innocent. More on this later.

Damo
Damo was a crucial and critical piece of the Hosuke lynch and personally I am convinced he is town, so I'm not actually going to spend time on this one.

Ike
Ike's voting was very manic Day 1 and 2, which could be a town-hint, but the way he self-voted and the way the Hosuke wagon happened have me a little doubtful. Ike voted for Hosuke after RHK's case, which had one key point that (paraphrasing) Hosuke had been told to shut up by his teammates. This would imply some experience, which fits xorxes, but also fits Ike. As to why Ike stayed on this wagon instead of moving to Jamiet - I suspect it possibly was an intentional, semi-organized bus by the one or two scum who were online at the time. Notably - xorxes and Neph did not post around this time. If Ike is scum, his partner is among Vecna, Rivera, and Cara.

Rivera
Rivera's voting looks very suspicious on review. Day 1 he sat voting on me all day (not too odd, actually). Day 2, he came out with an early Hosuke vote, switched to xorxes, then back to Hosuke after it was all but a sure thing. Day 3, he votes xorxes again, but then has to vote Jamiet when the challenge happened.

I think the main thing that sticks out to me here is that almost no one has voted for rivera, but rivera had voted for two scum on Days 1-2.

Temasek
I actually think Tem is town on reread and analysis. He makes a lot of vote jumping, and xorxes attempted to throw shade at him, which may indicate he is actually town. Not completely sold on town!Tem yet though.

Floodgates
I super strongly town read Vecna, so Flood is probably town. TBH I'm tired so these last two are lazy AF lmao.

Scum to town axis:
Scum

Rivera
Ike
Cara
Tem
Vecna
Damo

Town

So, my guess is: Rivera/Cara, Cara/Ike, or Rivera/Ike, most likely.

Next post: procedural stuff!
wtf???
I decided Nyph was scum and so decided to vote for him getting lynched when nobody, nobody was accusing him, before him being challenged, in the middle of a challenge voting of 2 different characters, and I also stated I was so convinced I was voting that no matter what wagons were forming or what urgencies there were.
And that, for you, it's scummy??

I clearly does not understand this game's logic.

damo666

#3605 Post by damo666 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:55 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:39 pm
yuuki wrote:
What am I missing?

worcej

#3606 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:57 pm

yuuki wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:30 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:26 pm
I still find it weird of xorxes to have exposed himself like he did when Neph was under the gun. It was unnecessary exposure because there was next to no way to convince town not to proceed with the lynch.

The fact he did it makes me believe he for sure is the DG.
why would the DG expose himself? it's mroe likely that he is plain scum and was trying to see if they could save the emperor which would be almost autowin
Better question: why would DG give their challenge to emc?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3607 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:59 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:55 pm
Chaqa wrote:
yuuki wrote:
What am I missing?
Bodyguard acts during the day.

This is either a town slip because a mafioso would definitely know this, or a fake town slip to make it look like you didn't know. I lean toward the former, really. I looked back over all of damo's posts and he was never involved in any BG-related discussions of note, so he might just not realize it somehow.

worcej

#3608 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:01 pm

Carambola wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:42 pm
wtf???
I decided Nyph was scum and so decided to vote for him getting lynched when nobody, nobody was accusing him, before him being challenged, in the middle of a challenge voting of 2 different characters, and I also stated I was so convinced I was voting that no matter what wagons were forming or what urgencies there were.

I'll help you. It's simple bussing.

The term 'bussing' in mafia means the following:
Bussing is the act of distancing yourself from your scum partners, usually by helping to lynch them (and hopefully playing a major role in convincing others that they are worthy to be lynched). The term "bussing" comes from the phrase "to throw under the bus", which means sacrificing them to gain credibility. The 'bussee' is the player being thrown under the bus, and the 'busser' is the one doing it.

Carambola

#3609 Post by Carambola » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:08 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:01 pm
Carambola wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:42 pm
wtf???

I'll help you. It's simple bussing.

The term 'bussing' in mafia means the following:
Bussing is the act of distancing yourself from your scum partners, usually by helping to lynch them (and hopefully playing a major role in convincing others that they are worthy to be lynched). The term "bussing" comes from the phrase "to throw under the bus", which means sacrificing them to gain credibility. The 'bussee' is the player being thrown under the bus, and the 'busser' is the one doing it.
Thanks for the explaining.
Anyway, with these mechanics, I just ask, bussing the emperor?? Nah, that would be scum suicide; just recognize I was right reading him as scum before anyone.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3610 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:32 pm

Hmmm. More and more I'm leaning toward Rivera as scum, NGL.

damo666

#3611 Post by damo666 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:38 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:59 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:55 pm
Chaqa wrote:

What am I missing?
Bodyguard acts during the day.

This is either a town slip because a mafioso would definitely know this, or a fake town slip to make it look like you didn't know. I lean toward the former, really. I looked back over all of damo's posts and he was never involved in any BG-related discussions of note, so he might just not realize it somehow.
OK gotcha BG acts before RB.

Sorry for confusion.

damo666

#3612 Post by damo666 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:38 pm

Mad thought: could it be Ike AND rdr?

e.m.c^42

#3613 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:41 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:38 pm
Mad thought: could it be Ike AND rdr?
Not really feeling it (as a team), but entirely possible I suppose. The remaining pool has been lurky enough that most haven't interacted with each other lol

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3614 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:43 pm

As I said - I don't think there's a ton of utility in speculating until Day 5.

EMC, I think it's safe-ish to assume you're with us at this point, considering 3 or 4 scum will be dead by Day 5, right?

e.m.c^42

#3615 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:56 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:43 pm
As I said - I don't think there's a ton of utility in speculating until Day 5.

EMC, I think it's safe-ish to assume you're with us at this point, considering 3 or 4 scum will be dead by Day 5, right?
Do you even need to ask? :D

I missed my chance to side with scum, and with emperor dead it's obvious :D

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3616 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:15 pm

Sweet. Now we just need to figure out how to not lose the Coalition Game haha

brainbomb

#3617 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:15 pm

This setup is very well paced.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3618 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:21 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:15 pm
I thought it was very unbalanced on first glance but I think it isn't so bad. Makes me want to GM a game again.

brainbomb

#3619 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:31 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:21 pm
brainbomb wrote:
I thought it was very unbalanced on first glance but I think it isn't so bad. Makes me want to GM a game again.
lets co gm M50
I wanna do a SuperSmash brothers REJECTS game. where its all the famous things that never made it into super smash.

brainbomb

#3620 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:31 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:31 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:21 pm
brainbomb wrote:
lets co gm M50
I wanna do a SuperSmash brothers REJECTS game. where its all the famous things that never made it into super smash.

I already made the setup and its a little diff because ppl have to post gifs and do weird crap to unlock their powers