[Poll] Natural Enemies and Allies for each nation

Use this forum to discuss Diplomacy strategy.
Forum rules
This forum is limited to topics relating to the game Diplomacy only. Other posts or topics will be relocated to the correct forum category or deleted. Please be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
codudeol

[Poll] Natural Enemies and Allies for each nation

#1 Post by codudeol » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:18 pm

Hi, I'm doing a project for a data visualization class on diplomacy. It would be great if any of you would respond to this poll on what are the best other nations to attack or befriend when playing as each of the world powers.

Link to the poll: https://youpoll.me/51652/

If it gets enough responses I should be able to make some cool figures! Although even before then you should be able to see the results once you've voted which is quite nice.

Thanks!

leon1122

Re: [Poll] Natural Enemies and Allies for each nation

#2 Post by leon1122 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:07 am

I think it’s worth noting that there’s a difference between who you prefer to make an enemy vs who is naturally an enemy. Ideally, you prefer everyone you aren’t actively attacking to be your ally, but that doesn’t mean it’s natural for them to be your ally. For instance, as Turkey, you might want Austria and Italy to be your ally while you take out Russia, but the geographic situation makes such an arrangement unnatural.

Pinecone333

#3 Post by Pinecone333 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:36 am

There should probably be an option for "none" on the questions. I don't think Turkey, for instance, really has any "natural" allies, unless you mean people-whose-success-will-positively-correlate-with-yours, in which case France and England would qualify, I guess.

Claesar

#4 Post by Claesar » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:48 pm

Some people voted England to be France's natural ally and enemy simultaneously..

cdngooner
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5 Post by cdngooner » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:47 pm

Some people voted England to be France's natural ally and enemy simultaneously..
Same with Russia and Turkey.