Dipcon News from Dixie #2

Players from the face-to-face Diplomacy community can post upcoming meet ups, tournaments, and house games here, and members from the webDiplomacy community can search for local face-to-face groups and events.
David Hood

#1 Post by David Hood » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:03 pm

52nd North American Diplomacy Championship
The 37th Annual Dixiecon —Chapel Hill NC— May 26-28, 2023
Newsletter #2 - March 31, 2023

Roughly two months before the Con, registration and commitments to register are really beginning to pick up. We have four boards fully registered already, with another two boards or so of Dip players saying they’re in but not yet registered. Sign up today!
Some have asked about airport runs - we provide complimentary rides to and from the Raleigh Durham airport, just give us your flight information.
If you want to help make sure all new attendees are integrated fully into the informal social activities during Dixiecon, please contact David Hood about becoming a Dixiecon Ambassador.
The Diplomacy tournament starts Friday night at 6 - we will be playing games for the Iron Man event, as well as casual open gaming, throughout the day on Friday. Thursday arrivals can also game at will, on site.
If you are staying in the dorm, you give David Hood that info when registering, and pay him directly. If you book hotels, do that directly with them.
For purposes of travel on Sunday afternoon, remember that the last round starts at 8:30am and ends sometime between 3:30 and 5:30 pm, with awards shortly thereafter.
If you are willing to sandbox your Diplomacy games on Backstabbr while playing, to facilitate coverage on the Diplomacy Broadcast Network, notify David Hood when you register - it’s $5 off the registration fee!

For More Information: Email [email protected] or visit www.dixiecon.com

TheFlyingBoat

Re: Dipcon News from Dixie #2

#2 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:29 am

I am registered and I highly recommend y'all register too!

wiryhonk

Re: Dipcon News from Dixie #2

#3 Post by wiryhonk » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:43 am

Oh how I wish I had known this information sooner. I signed up for it without getting any discount.