Daffy Motorist nearly kills MajorMitchell

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Daffy Motorist nearly kills MajorMitchell

#1 Post by MajorMitchell » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:55 pm

I've had my bright yellow Dashing Ducati Supersport 800cc engine 2003 build
for about 15 months and ridden it nearly 5,000km
With no major scary moments...
Until Friday 5th April.. I was riding from Flyblown Gully by the Sea ~80km to Adelaide ~ as I approached a T junction where a road runs east from the "south to north road I was using riding north, I saw a garishly red twin cab large pick-up waiting at the intersection to turn right and drive south.

I assumed the driver had seen my bright yellow Dashing Ducati with it's headlight on and myself in white leather jacket and white helmet..

When I was about fifty feet from the intersection the motorist decided to try turning right and drove into the intersection, I reacted immediately and "shiftedmy Ducati to the right by about 5 feet at ~ 110km/ hr
Fortunately the Daffy motorist saw me at the last moment and applied their brakes hard..

I missed the front of the red pick-up by about one foot,.at most by two feet at 110km/hr

Great adrenalin rush.. so I decided to give the throttle of my Dashing Ducati a decent tickle all.the way to Old Noarlunga.
180km/hr..
I slowed to the 100km/hr limit on the Willunga Hill descent and "Bingo" there was a Cop with a laser speed detection device handing out a speeding ticket to a driver

To celebrate my survival in a CBD lane way amidst a few nightclubs some excitable young ladies thought it hilarious to dash from footpath into the way, to scare me..
I was drifting along in first gear, using the clutch a bit, when I saw the daring young pedestrians being provocative, I opened up the throttle, "dumped the clutch" & without intending, did a wheelstand and scattered the bold young women.like chaff in the wind, they raced back to the footpath.

Home safely at 2 am Sat 6th

Clearly, this means that Jesus & God didn't want to send me to Purgatory when they had a superb opportunity.
Obviously there is some important task for me to do before I'm allowed to die.
Get Married?

Esquire Bertissimmo

Re: Daffy Motorist nearly kills MajorMitchell

#2 Post by Esquire Bertissimmo » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:35 pm

The old timers on the forum don't seem to bat an eye at this stuff, but I'm extremely curious.

Is this comedy writing? A magic realism diary entry? Mental illness?

It's well written and interesting. But what is it?

brainbomb

#3 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:38 pm

Its beautiful. dont try to understand it

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#4 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:56 pm

The T junction was the intersection of the Hindmarsh Tiers Road and the Victor Harbor to Adelaide road about 5 km north of Victor Harbor.
The Hindmarsh Tiers road goes west.
Of the driver of the pick-up hadn't panic braked after mistakenly starting to drive forward I would be dead.
They made a mistake, they had to give way to all traffic on the Victor Hbr to Adelaide.
Luckily they realised their mistake and braked hard.
I only had time to swerve to the right on my Ducati, chose not to use the brakes on the Ducati.
I saw a red pick-up waiting at intersection ahead, thought the driver had seen me because they were stopped. Waiting (Probably looking to their left for traffic heading south and not looking right to see traffic going north..me)
They only started driving forward when I was quite close.
The gap to my left to front of that pick-up as I went past at ~100+km/hr was maybe two feet

MajorMitchell

#5 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:58 pm

Daytime, my helmet is white, leather jacket is white, Ducati is bright yellow, headlight on.
It was a dumb mistake that nearly killed me

MajorMitchell

#6 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:59 pm

Yet I wasn't killed.
Came very close to.it, bit wasn't killed
Why?

MajorMitchell

#7 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:07 pm

There has to be more to my not being killed than just:
Luck
Being an experienced motorcycle rider on a damn good Italian motorcycle
Then there's my behaviour after the big scare.
The adrenalin rush,
I didn't stop, from that intersection going north the road drops into the river valley of Hindmarsh River a winding climb then a steep winding climb and the undulating run through to and over Mt Jagged then a flat straight into Mt Compass.

So I settled mentally in the run through the river valley and caught up to traffic ahead if me answered went into "race mode" & rode fast.

MajorMitchell

#8 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:07 pm

Fkn auto correction

MajorMitchell

#9 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:08 pm

..traffic ahead of me & went into race mode

MajorMitchell

#10 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:25 pm

Weird night in Adelaide
Saturday has been strange.
I drove to the southern suburbs of Adelaide, Onkaparinga Hills to buy a second hand medieval helmet for $Aus 175 Sat afternoon.
Saw a neighbour out watering her garden, elderly lady, hadn't spokento her for quite a while, stopped to have a chat, ended up cleaning her bird bath then went to Onkaparinga.
On the way home, the long climb up Willunga Hill, near the top I pass a Ute, it's loaded with firewood, blue plastic tarp, ropes and a load binder have come loose, trailing behind the Ute.
So I blow car horn as I go past the slow ute then stop in safe spot just over the top of the hill, wave the guy in ute down, he stops, gets out, sees the hazard, thanks me, then asks me if I believe in Jesus....

Then about midnight tonight at home I get a telephone call from a Texan who I met during Adelaide Fringe Festival, given him a note with my contact info & the film title

and has just seen the short film Formosus the Mystic and the Witch on YouTube and found my telephone number and called me to say that he really liked the film

Just finished film shoots and sound recording of extra dialogue for a short film titled How to Summon a Demon

MajorMitchell

#11 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:25 pm

My role in How to Summon a Demon
Cult leader

MajorMitchell

#12 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:30 pm

Thank.you dipbro brainbomb

Octavious

#13 Post by Octavious » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:31 pm

And just as Kestas had planned, we traveled far beyond the reach of men on machines. And the Road Warrior? That was the last we ever saw of him. He lives now, only in our memories...

Mad Mitch - Road Warrior
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

MajorMitchell

#14 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:54 am

"I am a night rider baby, where I ride there's no coming back unchanged"

I had that line before the Mad Max movie came out.
I nearly got work with Grant Page, went to an interview with him before first Mad Max movie, but thought Grant was going to want a lot and not pay enough
He also didn't explain the exact nature of the work
He would have been in his 30s
I was about 22yo and blew him.off,

My saying goes back to when we rode Honda 750cc and Kawasaki 900cc roadbikes from Adelaide to Sydney in the late 1970s & 1980s.
A ~1,500km trip there & another 1,500 km back and we'd try and do it in 12 hours or less
You were good if you could do it in less than fourteen hours

MajorMitchell

#15 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:57 am

One way to Sydney in less than 14 hours (or back) was an epic ride

MajorMitchell

#16 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:26 am

Acting in films is one way to defy my mortality.

The bit that gets me confused is why am I still.here?
Is it just so I can telephone my 98 yo Aunt Meg in her Aged Care bed?
She's been ready to cross the River Jordan for a few years yet she is still alive.

All the guys I used to ride with, dead & scattered in the wind
The only people left alive I occasionally see who.knew us back then were on the periphery and they don't ride motorcycles these days, they look.after grandchildren etc

MajorMitchell

#17 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:31 am

On Monday I will telephone the Israeli Embassy in Australia with a message.
Pay the family of Australian aid worker Zomi Frankcom* $Aus 10 million within 28 days.
* Zomi Franckom killed by IDF in Palestine

CaptainFritz28

#18 Post by CaptainFritz28 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:51 am

MajorMitchell wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:31 am
Pay the family of Australian aid worker Zomi Frankcom* $Aus 10 million within 28 days.
Quite the abrupt change of topic, no? Seems like it deserves a thread in the politics subforum.
Ferre ad Finem!

Wusti

#19 Post by Wusti » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:08 am

MajorMitchell wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:31 am
Haven't you had enough trouble with the law MM? I'd be more scared of Mossad than the Chinese...
Octavious is an hypocritical, supercilious tit.

Napple

#20 Post by Napple » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:01 am

This whole thread is like that bit in Pulp Fiction where Jules has a total change of character after almost getting shot.