Should serial killers be given due process?

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Jamiet99uk

Should serial killers be given due process?

#1 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:51 am

If a human, for example Brainbomb, murders 10 to 20 people and hides their dismembered corpses under the floorboards in his apartment after harvesting their teeth to make weird necklaces and bracelets (supposedly), shouldn't that human, for example Brainbomb, be given a fair trial before a jury composed of a combination of bobcats and newborn babies?
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

damo666

Re: Should serial killers be given due process?

#2 Post by damo666 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:29 am

Who is brainbomb? Is he a fake doctor or something?

Octavious

#3 Post by Octavious » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:59 am

I feel we should focus more on prevention rather than punishment. Latest
research have identified several key indicators of potential serial killers when they inhabit online forums.

1/ A tendency towards angry posting
2/ An inability to avoid taking part in arguments (not particularly useful here, admittedly, as that's most of us)
3/ A compulsion to change their avatar at ridiculously frequent intervals

Stay vigilant, guys!
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

Jamiet99uk

#4 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:32 pm

My Avatar has been Mr. Belvedere for over a year. Just go back to any of my older forum posts and you'll see.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

brainbomb

#5 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:14 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:51 am
If a human, for example Brainbomb, murders 10 to 20 people and hides their dismembered corpses under the floorboards in his apartment after harvesting their teeth to make weird necklaces and bracelets (supposedly), shouldn't that human, for example Brainbomb, be given a fair trial before a jury composed of a combination of bobcats and newborn babies?
I would prefer an all bobcat jury to a jury stocked with newborns.

President Eden

#6 Post by President Eden » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:19 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
In America, the jury must be composed of one’s “peers.” Do we think bobcats and newborns are truly brainbomb’s peers? I dare suggest all involved parties would take grave offense to this notion

Jamiet99uk

#7 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:37 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:19 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
If a human, for example Brainbomb, murders 10 to 20 people and hides their dismembered corpses under the floorboards in his apartment after harvesting their teeth to make weird necklaces and bracelets (supposedly), shouldn't that human, for example Brainbomb, be given a fair trial before a jury composed of a dozen cans of discount luncheon meat?
In America, the jury must be composed of one’s “peers.” Do we think bobcats and newborns are truly brainbomb’s peers? I dare suggest all involved parties would take grave offense to this notion
Ok I updated my premise in light of your feedback, thank you.