readying games

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Djantani

readying games

#1 Post by Djantani » Tue May 09, 2023 7:08 am

I have created a couple of games with a friend for AvF and, in spite of my friend having joined the game, it doesn't allow us to start and it's instead running its course till the end of the pre-game phase (I left the 7 days default). Is there a way I can speed it up or do I have to create a new game with a shorter pre-game phase? I thought once all player needed joined the phase would automatically end.

Similarly I am trying to play a couple of games with the bot (AvF) and in spite of me having readied my order, the game is not progressing to the next turn.

Thanks for the help, haven't been on this for a while so I'm sure I am missing something.

JECE

Re: readying games

#2 Post by JECE » Tue May 09, 2023 5:25 pm

Djantani wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 7:08 am
I have created a couple of games with a friend for AvF and, in spite of my friend having joined the game, it doesn't allow us to start and it's instead running its course till the end of the pre-game phase (I left the 7 days default). Is there a way I can speed it up or do I have to create a new game with a shorter pre-game phase? I thought once all player needed joined the phase would automatically end.
Hmm, I can't remember if that feature used to exist here or not. It does exist on vDiplomacy if you find it useful. Just make sure that this option is selected: "Start as soon as enough players have joined."
See my full Profile:
http://www.webdiplomacy.net/profile.php?userID=17421