New Member questions

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Sir Galahadn't

New Member questions

#1 Post by Sir Galahadn't » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:51 pm

Although I have played Diplomacy before, it was with the PC game, and it was YEARS ago. I've just discovered that there are online versions available and have joined webDiplomacy to refresh my skills by playing against only bots until I feel comfortable moving on to regular games. However, in my games so far, I've run into the issue of the bots doing nothing after I've selected 'Ready'. Am I correct in understanding that the bots get 72 hours to make their moves? If yes, why?

Also, when I start a new game I am taken to a large, easy to see screen. But, if I leave it for any reason, I can't get back to it. Is that by design?

Trigfea63
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: New Member questions

#2 Post by Trigfea63 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:20 pm

Sir Galahadn't wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:51 pm
I've run into the issue of the bots doing nothing after I've selected 'Ready'. Am I correct in understanding that the bots get 72 hours to make their moves? If yes, why?
You have 72 hours to make your moves. The bots make theirs more or less immediately. The bots were down for a stretch a day or two ago, but they should be back up and running now.
Sir Galahadn't wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:51 pm
Also, when I start a new game I am taken to a large, easy to see screen. But, if I leave it for any reason, I can't get back to it. Is that by design?
You can get back to that screen by clicking the "Play Beta" link.

Sir Galahadn't

Re: New Member questions

#3 Post by Sir Galahadn't » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:39 pm

O.K. Thanks.