Should I become a sycophant

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
brainbomb

Should I become a sycophant

#1 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:40 am

Ive been thinking about life and just all the crazy stuff out there. And then it struck me that the one thing missing from my life is a netflix series about me. I was thinking there has to be some way I could victimize tons of people with pathetic flattery and have evan peters play me in a story dragged out over 10 hours. All the while parading around talking to princes and kings.

And there would of course need to be many scenes of people being cannibalized while being flattered relentlessly. I really was just wondering if this was the easiest way to win an award.

Jamiet99uk

Re: Should I become a sycophant

#2 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:58 am

Surely there is a TV series about you already?

It just airs on Nickelodeon, rather than Netflix ;-)

(I'm joking Brain, hope you are doing well!).
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

JECE

#3 Post by JECE » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:53 pm

Welcome back, brainbomb! What Netflix series are you making fun of?
See my full Profile:
http://www.webdiplomacy.net/profile.php?userID=17421

Octavious

#4 Post by Octavious » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:14 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:58 am
Surely there is a TV series about you already?

It just airs on Nickelodeon, rather than Netflix ;-)

(I'm joking Brain, hope you are doing well!).
You say that, but brainbomb is infinitely more entertaining when things are going tits up. And everything going generally well doesn't lend itself to televisual fame...

Glad to have you back, sir! Hope things are going to hell in a handcart with many a quirky twist of fate prior to the inevitable overly sentimental happy ending :-)
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5 Post by flash2015 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:28 pm

Doom427

#6 Post by Doom427 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:43 pm

"In 2015, a study of 26,000 articles from 13 news sites on the World Wide Web, conducted by a data scientist and published on his blog, found that the majority (54 percent) were yes/no questions, which divided into 20 percent "yes" answers, 17 percent "no" answers and 16 percent whose answers he could not determine."

In that case- we should use a RNG to see what option should be taken.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#7 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:33 am

Welcome back Dipnro Brainbomb, how ironic that you return as I prepare to take a break from active involvement at WebDiplomacy & doubly ironic since you propose to become the central character in a NetStanflix film production as I leave to pursue my real albeit embryonic career & pilgrimage as an actor in films and comedian
As far as you needing to behave in sycophantic ways, alas when you made your solemn marriage hows and then sired offspring you sort of made it inevitable that you would need to behave in sycophantic ways to ensure domestic bliss.

I have just spent a few hours with my whippersnapper nephew Tom heloing me prepare for a (~900km one way, so ~1,800km there and back home) driving trip I am going to make to Melbourne, leaving in about 24hours.
My bright yellow Dashing Ducati 2004 Supersport motorcycle is loaded onto a motorcycle trailer and motorcycle trailer attached to my WK model Statesman ( sold in the USA under different name, possibly as a Pontiac?)
The WK Statesman I purchased on 30th Dec 2022 for $Aus 4,900 has just had a heap of work done at Costa's workshop, new engine mounts, new rear shock abdorbers etc etc to prepare for this trip, today I did an engine oil and oil filter change on it's supercharged V6 engine.
Goimg to Melbourne to attend Australian premiere of Saara Lamberg's film.the Westermark Effect and go to half a dozen open mic comedy venues to try and do standup comedy spots.
When I get back from this trip there's a weekender trip to Naracoorte for Sat 25th Feb for the Fringe Festival.event there.
Plus rehearsals start in early March for my role in a modest budget crime film project, primary two week film shoot scheduled for latte May 2023
I get to play a manipulative machiavellian sociopath criminal so figured I could use a few Webdip characters as source material...

Octavious

#8 Post by Octavious » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:08 am

Major, you're still with us!

Top tip for strawberries... Raised platforms around 4ft high, and if you don't want to be fancy you can plant them straight into grow bags. Keeps most of slugs away (not sure what Australian slugs are like, but based on the rest of the country I imagine they can jump and have fangs) and is far kinder on the back.

Glad to hear you're having fun. Keep buggering on!
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience