Surrender games?

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
aardvarkarmy

Surrender games?

#1 Post by aardvarkarmy » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:14 pm

I sent a query to the mods, but haven't received a response.

Does this site have a procedure to surrender out of a game so another player can take over the position?

I have a family emergency - going to be traveling out of my country for an extended period. I have two games that I need to bow out of

I hate to just fail to enter orders - delaying the game for others, probably creating an imbalance if I go civil disorder, and dinging my reputation score badly

I can't find any "button" on the game page to surrender out...

Jamiet99uk

Re: Surrender games?

#2 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:46 pm

aardvarkarmy wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:14 pm
I sent a query to the mods, but haven't received a response.

Does this site have a procedure to surrender out of a game so another player can take over the position?

I have a family emergency - going to be traveling out of my country for an extended period. I have two games that I need to bow out of

I hate to just fail to enter orders - delaying the game for others, probably creating an imbalance if I go civil disorder, and dinging my reputation score badly

I can't find any "button" on the game page to surrender out...
No, there isn't, because unfortunately it would be open to abuse.

Sorry to hear about your emergency. If you ask for a pause in your game(s), hopefully other players will be sympathetic. Otherwise, I'm sure the Mods will respond, it just takes them a day or two, sometimes. They're volunteers.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

aardvarkarmy

Re: Surrender games?

#3 Post by aardvarkarmy » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:12 pm

OK. Got it. Thanks