Does anyone else have their most wholesome online interactions in this game?

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Gwyn

Does anyone else have their most wholesome online interactions in this game?

#1 Post by Gwyn » Thu May 26, 2022 5:53 pm

It's kind of sad, but every other avenue where I can talk with people online is toxic as all fuck, but here, when playing a game where we regularly stab each other in the back, most of my interactions are quite positive and respectful.

Am I the only one who's experiencing this?

cdngooner
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Does anyone else have their most wholesome online interactions in this game?

#2 Post by cdngooner » Thu May 26, 2022 6:02 pm

My experience over the past two years has been that regular users here are awesome! There are some minor grudges about a stab here or there, but most people understand its a game, treat it as such, and have fun.

I will say though that some users, presumably newer, are very poor losers. I almost never go through a game without one or more players quitting as soon as things start to not go their way.

Doom427

Re: Does anyone else have their most wholesome online interactions in this game?

#3 Post by Doom427 » Thu May 26, 2022 8:52 pm

It helps that if you get angry about someone and call them a stupid asshole, it usually won't result in getting a better position. Though I've also heard bad rumours about other diplomacy games, so maybe Webdip is just having a nice time of Elysium

kranus

#4 Post by kranus » Fri May 27, 2022 10:17 am

I completly agree, there are some amazing people here, I think that its probably because the playerbase is older than in other types of games/sites, so people know not to take things too seriously

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#5 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun May 29, 2022 7:00 pm

Welcome to our webdiplomacy community whippersnappers, we have made an effort in recent years to make this site more friendly to new users and more tolerant of a more diverse range of whippersnappers.

However there are many wonderful long standing fueds and grudges, rivalries existant at webdiplomacy which are to be encouraged, they often mark a whippersnapper's progress.

We will squabble in pursuit of power and glorious honours.

Normally I am a most modest chap, yet to illuminate you eager whippersnappers, whet your appetites there is the legendary rivalry between Maniac and myself for Honours from Omnipotent Zultar, for example, being invited for Sherberts in Omnipotent Zultar's Magic Cave with the Almighty Mods & leaving with a new honour like Goldfinger whenever he visits Omnipotent Zultar.

Please be compassionate towards Maniac and yet cautious, do not get caught expressing for example the opinion that Maniac should have been made webdiplomacy Ambassador to The Vatican, Monaco or Paris.
It is said anectdotally that Maniac was offered appointment as Webdiplomacy Ambassador to Syria during the Suez Crisis and declined the offer which reveals his cunning instinct for survival.
Yet if a chap or Bold Lass wants to win honours like Goldfinger when Omnipotent Zultar offers a dicey job on a sticky wicket they have to eagerly sieze the Poison'd Chalice & hit it over the Pavillion for 6 runs.

Be rwady for anything when your opportunities come whippersnappers~
Can you step up to rescue:

Half a dozen Diplomacy players held hostage in North Korea?
Thirty three cases of Cognac entangled in Customs at a Brazillian port?
Two of Omnipotent Zultar's Bentleys lost in Amsterdam's Red Light district by Software Code writers on a bender?

Doug7878
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6 Post by Doug7878 » Mon May 30, 2022 10:09 am

Yes, kind of like a joint convention of hit-men and comedians.