Call for Help

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
DarthPorg36

Call for Help

#1 Post by DarthPorg36 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:32 pm

A few weeks ago, I went on a vacation. I got basically every one of my games to pause for me while I was away, which was very kind. I returned in early January and got people to start voting unpause so we could continue playing our games. It took a day or two, but most games got rolling again.

Except for four.

There are players for unknown reasons are seemingly dead. They haven't spoken to me and the other players, ever, since the pause. They don't vote for anything, because they are gone. Either quit or ignoring the games, I don't know. Doesn't really matter. Long story short is, We can't unpause without their vote. We can't draw without their vote. We can't even cancel the game without their vote.

So, I contacted the mods.

I contacted them again
and again
and again
and again
and again
and again
and again

And our mods, usually very quick to respond to questions/complaints/requests didn't say a word. No action, or anything, not an email, global chat nothing. There was one time a mod said on "no fear" the game would be unpaused on Monday, two weeks ago. Nothing.

So now I'm calling to the mods for help publically, hoping this time something will get done. We need these uncooperative players kicked, or the game forcibly unpaused. We would like to continue playing our games.

I'm confident I can speak on the behalf of everyone listed below across four games (European Civil War-2, And World War III has begun..., Cyber-Intercepted Modern Europe, No Fear) that we need help.

Signed,
Sandor, Lord Finchy, Creigh, Wistlov, Aranith (twice), jj337, GoatLover, Silver1974, Kobuden, jhoffer007, ShankaDaWanka, rup, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, and myself, DarthPorg36 (four times).

Silver1974

Re: Call for Help

#2 Post by Silver1974 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:08 pm

I am in two of the games mentioned above and confirm the problem and our support to the letter above. It is really a pity for the games to remain paused for so many players just because a couple of players have gone inactive.

Hithlum

#3 Post by Hithlum » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:42 pm

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4 Post by goldfinger0303 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:22 am

That should take care of it. Please try to get the CD'd positions filled.

Silver1974

#5 Post by Silver1974 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:06 am

thank you!