Diplomacy As Αn Inspiration's Source

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
PRINCE WILLIAM

Diplomacy As Αn Inspiration's Source

#1 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:12 pm

Wandering around the forum here, topics and some role-playing games alike, and by the press, I have encountered in some diplomacy games, I came to the conclusion that e have quite some good pens among us. Some with interesting vivid prose, some with a good sense of humour, some funny and some engaging, even some vitriolic.
That made me wonder if the game had inspired these pens to write something inspired by the game. A story evolving around players playing the game (once I read one story going down the path of Agatha Cristie's Ten Little Indians) or a story concerning the in-game stories, a diplomacy conspiracy?
I am curious? Have any of our brilliant writers in here done something like that?

Octavious

Re: Diplomacy As Αn Inspiration's Source

#2 Post by Octavious » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:38 pm

All I can say is you enter the webDip fan fiction thread at your own risk

http://webdiplomacy.net/forum.php?viewt ... 45#1206845

Octavious

#3 Post by Octavious » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:51 pm

Although, now that I think about, there's nothing there quite as risky as that particular Agatha Cristie story.

JECE

#4 Post by JECE » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:52 pm

I'm regularly reminded of my CRABS treaty (for Common Regulatory Aegean Body of Safety, of course) from the Group C public press game in the 2010 World Cup. One day it'll surely inspire me to write an epic romance novel about venereal diseases.

Picture the forthcoming novel as a cross between the Covenant of the League of Nations and the "Medical Love Song" by Monty Python, with the German monologue on page 59 as the climax:
http://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameI ... 59#results

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#5 Post by MajorMitchell » Mon May 03, 2021 9:21 am

A mix of The Prince, The Tempest, Dante's Inferno, Dad's Army & A Clockwork Orange with Orwellian twists where protagonists never meet face to face ... That's a dangerous pitch to make to a publisher's agent, the Blighter might say yes & if you accept the cheque & cash it.. well you're across the Rubicon on your way to glorious Triumph or bound for the River Jordan or Styx but haven't realised it.

JECE

#6 Post by JECE » Tue May 04, 2021 8:54 pm

I'm still waiting for sponsorship deals on my novel. Funny, I thought that they would start pouring in.

alicebobby

#7 Post by alicebobby » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:31 am

For my novel, I'm currently waiting for sponsorship agreements. It's funny, I assumed they would start to arrive in droves. 

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#8 Post by dargorygel » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:01 pm

JECE wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:54 pm
I'm still waiting for sponsorship deals on my novel. Funny, I thought that they would start pouring in.
You should have included mention of Adidas... or a health watch.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#9 Post by dargorygel » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:02 pm

alicebobby wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:31 am
For my novel, I'm currently waiting for sponsorship agreements. It's funny, I assumed they would start to arrive in droves. 
You should have included a mention of Adidas, or a health watch.