I'm worried about Terror States, How many Guns should I buy?

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
brainbomb

I'm worried about Terror States, How many Guns should I buy?

#1 Post by brainbomb » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:21 pm

I am growing more concerned that terror states like Israel and Venezuela may soon be coming to the Midwest in America. I fear for my family's safety and wondered how many AR-15s should I buy to stop the aggression of Communists and the IDF? I was thinking two AR-15s might be enough and I can dual wield them since I just unlocked two weapon fighting.

Napple

Re: I'm worried about Terror States, How many Guns should I buy?

#2 Post by Napple » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:47 pm

Two-weapon fighting is a terrible build right now. Ever since 1945, the meta's been shifting to favor single-hit burst damage. You're much better off going great weapon fighting and taking other perks in that tree so you can have a bazooka with a massive AoE.

French_boi

#3 Post by French_boi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:54 pm

Sort of absurd thing to be worried about when the answer is so simple:
Just challenge them to a game of Diplomacy instead. They won't be able to refuse, since everyone loves Diplomacy, and once you easily solo, they'll be forced to retreat.

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#4 Post by kingofthepirates » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:28 pm

so my question here is whether you are going for a more 'fun' build or a power gaming build.

Napple is correct, two-weapon fighting has been nerfed into the ground, but still has applications. in particular, it can give you advantage with certain dual weapon or dual weapon system machines (certain tanks, some kinds of aircraft, and many types of battleships), as well as the ever reliable mech suits. These play styles are often very enjoyable in my opinion, though are not considered meta, though by no means bad. around B tier right now iirc.

powergaming wise, the meta is indeed single hit reliant, but AOE and super long distance are gaining remarkable traction. there are a few really broken combos left unpatched, such as the Longsword-submarine glitch, the crossbow-trident (missile) glitch, and Armageddon (tsar bomba and gatling gun, abusing helicopter i-frames). but these combos are likely to end soon. If I don't have the opportunity to use those combos, I at least prefer to go the tech route, investing in long term sustainability and explosive growth. Very weak at the start, but if you can unlock secret development facilities, then you're basically set.
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

Pengwinja

#5 Post by Pengwinja » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:36 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:21 pm
I am growing more concerned that terror states like Israel and Venezuela may soon be coming to the Midwest in America. I fear for my family's safety and wondered how many AR-15s should I buy to stop the aggression of Communists and the IDF? I was thinking two AR-15s might be enough and I can dual wield them since I just unlocked two weapon fighting.
AR-15s are pretty good, but I don’t think they work well with dual wield. If you want to get a synergy buff, I would recommend getting a hammer and a sickle. Disco panzers are very buffed nowadays as well.

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#6 Post by kingofthepirates » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:45 pm

Pengwinja wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:36 pm
AR-15s are pretty good, but I don’t think they work well with dual wield. If you want to get a synergy buff, I would recommend getting a hammer and a sickle.
hammer and sickle lost their massive buff after the Soviet Union event. unless there's a new glitch found within the past week to reactivate the buff, I don't think hammer and sickle is anywhere near good right now. probably D-tier imo. with the buff though it was absolutely S-tier.
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

Pengwinja

#7 Post by Pengwinja » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:22 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:45 pm
Pengwinja wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:36 pm
AR-15s are pretty good, but I don’t think they work well with dual wield. If you want to get a synergy buff, I would recommend getting a hammer and a sickle.
hammer and sickle lost their massive buff after the Soviet Union event. unless there's a new glitch found within the past week to reactivate the buff, I don't think hammer and sickle is anywhere near good right now. probably D-tier imo. with the buff though it was absolutely S-tier.
If all of your stats are equal, you still get the buff.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#8 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 am

You probably need an Aircraft Carrier Task Force and if you send me enough money I might be able to get you one, would you like any oil paintings or false documents as a side order?