Feature to disable extending turns on NMR?

Members can make suggestions for improving the site and improving the forum as well as submit bug reports to be reviewed by our support team here.
Pander Beers

Feature to disable extending turns on NMR?

#1 Post by Pander Beers » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:38 pm

Is there not a feature/option to disable extending turns on NMR?

In my mind, when you have an NMR, the turn should advance and the player with the NMR just has all their units hold or be destroyed as if they were in Civil Disorder. The game would then remove one of their "CD allowances" and dock them RR%, but they'd still be in the game as long as they had CD allowances remaining.

This seems like a straightforward feature that should be here, so I'm wondering if I just didn't see it or it's been tried and shot down?

JECE

Re: Feature to disable extending turns on NMR?

#2 Post by JECE » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:00 pm

The default behavior for new games used to be to put players into Civil Disorder after two consecutive NMR's without opening the game page (Civil Disorder per the rulebook is the same thing as an NMR, but Civil Disorder on webDiplomacy adds the possibility of your position getting taken over by another player). Automatic turn extensions didn't exist. I think that now you have to play with the "Excused delays per player" setting when creating a new game.
See my full Profile:
http://www.webdiplomacy.net/profile.php?userID=17421