Push Notifications

Developers and contributors can find a link to our github page and engage in development project planning here.
Jamiet99uk

Push Notifications

#1 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:45 pm

Whenever I log in to WebDip, a dialog appears on the screen asking me if I want to enable push notifications.

I hate push notifications and definitely don't want them. I already receive far too many emails and notifications every day.

So naturally I click "no".

But the dialog / pop-up is appearing again every time I log in. This is already becoming a nuisance.

How do I make it permanently fuck off?
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

ikbengeendiplomaat

Re: Push Notifications

#2 Post by ikbengeendiplomaat » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:48 pm

I can't reproduce this in Edge and Chrome. I can test it in a couple of hours on Firefox too.

Jamiet99uk

#3 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:16 pm

Hmmm.

It seems to do it once per device.

I logged in using my home PC and was asked if I wanted notifications. I said no.

Then I logged in on mobile and was asked if I wanted notifications. I said no.

Then I logged in using my office laptop and was asked if I wanted notifications. I said no.

Now I've logged in on my home PC again and it's stopped prompting me.

One "No" should still be enough though!
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

kestasjk
Developer
Developer

#4 Post by kestasjk » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:02 am

Ah right .. I guess that's true it does ask once per device. Bear in mind it's going to be about sending warnings that you need to submit orders, game updates etc, all opt in and easy to turn off. Either way it should only ask you once per device.

If it is a continual issue I might try and make it happen only once per user.. but then you'll get it whenever you switch accounts.. I could make it a smaller icon in the corner, I've tried that let's see if it's less intrusive