Profile page

Developers and contributors can find a link to our github page and engage in development project planning here.
Flame

Profile page

#1 Post by Flame » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:06 am

Hello.

Why there are no marks in user profile which describe the player tournament activity:

Tournaments:
Participate 4
1st 3
2nd -
3rd 1

Or developers don't implement this due to the very high difference of difficult average between the tournaments (and they can not be combined in one stroke in a profile because are totaly different tournaments)?

Claesar

Re: Profile page

#2 Post by Claesar » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:54 am

I think this is an excellent suggestion! I'll ask a developer.

Flame

#3 Post by Flame » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:05 am

I' have done it here already:

https://webdiplomacy.ru/profile.php?userID=5

Claesar

#4 Post by Claesar » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:55 am

Congratulations on your 3 mecto in the tpetbe, I think. Might be nice to add a year as well, but I presume that would go into the tournament name?

Flame

#5 Post by Flame » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:23 am

Thank you and, of course, I will try to improve the module anyway

Flame

#6 Post by Flame » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:12 am

Have done the trend-dynamics arrows on ranking-page and profile-page.
Please check it out.

I only take last two points values and compare them.
https://webdiplomacy.ru/halloffame.php

Flame

#7 Post by Flame » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:05 pm

Once again I pay the devTeam attention to the following:
On RU server as well as on Vdip we got some slite features which are easy to implement and they are good enough to make the game process more interesting.

This time I ask you to implement this feature:
- in the gamechat when the game starts ENGINE GAMEMASTER should write the message "GAME STARTED".
That's useful when player wounders how long the game last and when the game started when it is already over. So he can see the chat history and this message with the time and date.

The other slite features which I will be happy to see here (already released on RU-server):
1) How many users are spectating the game (counter on the gamepage)
2) Player-avatar in profile-page (and also upload mechanism in the profile-setting page)
3) Supply Centers aftergame charts
4) Amount of awards (Cups) which player won in site Tournaments in his profile.
5) Points trend-dynamics arrows in ranking-page and profile-page.
6) Window with the boards of random active games shown on the welcome-page to the site guests - so they can see what is this all about.
WebDiplomacy enthusiast. Adaptor of webdiplomacy variants: Classic Cataclysm, Classic 1898, Classic 1898 Fog of War, Punic Wars, Western World 901, 13th Century Mongolian Empire, Speed Europa, Minor Power.

Flame

#8 Post by Flame » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:40 pm

Flame wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:05 pm
Once again I pay the devTeam attention to the following:
On RU server as well as on Vdip we got some slite features which are easy to implement and they are good enough to make the game process more interesting.

This time I ask you to implement this feature:
- in the gamechat when the game starts ENGINE GAMEMASTER should write the message "GAME STARTED".
That's useful when player wounders how long the game last and when the game started when it is already over. So he can see the chat history and this message with the time and date.

The other slite features which I will be happy to see here (already released on RU-server):
1) How many users are spectating the game (counter on the gamepage)
2) Player-avatar in profile-page (and also upload mechanism in the profile-setting page)
3) Supply Centers aftergame charts
4) Amount of awards (Cups) which player won in site Tournaments in his profile.
5) Points trend-dynamics arrows in ranking-page and profile-page.
6) Window with the boards of random active games shown on the welcome-page to the site guests - so they can see what is this all about.
I will also offer changes to the code via GitHub. But this will take some time.
WebDiplomacy enthusiast. Adaptor of webdiplomacy variants: Classic Cataclysm, Classic 1898, Classic 1898 Fog of War, Punic Wars, Western World 901, 13th Century Mongolian Empire, Speed Europa, Minor Power.

A_Tin_Can
Lifetime Site Contributor

#9 Post by A_Tin_Can » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:07 pm

I reckon a PR is the best way to do this (although I am no longer involved, I'd be happy to review).

Flame

#10 Post by Flame » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:58 am

We have got a new feature on webdiplomacy.ru.
Avatars for users. Please check it out here:
https://webdiplomacy.ru/forum.php

Flame

#11 Post by Flame » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:02 pm

Flame wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:58 am
We have got a new feature on webdiplomacy.ru.
Avatars for users. Please check it out here:
https://webdiplomacy.ru/forum.php
These users' avatars were previously only on a user's profile page, but now they appear in the forum posts and threads too.

kestasjk
Developer
Developer

#12 Post by kestasjk » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:56 am

Nicely done flame, will have to check that out. Over time and with the bot additions the code has got a bit out of shape, and we had a loss of mod availability that highlighted how much the site depends on volunteers putting in constant effort, so right now we're focusing on optimization, stability, easier on mods, and requiring less effort for mods.

Definitely once things are back in tip top shape and whirring along again we'll be able to look at some more quality of life / extra-functionality improvements.

Keep us posted!

Flame

#13 Post by Flame » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:41 am

We now have got avatars for the players on every script page: home, forum, profile, game, search, rankings, civil disorders, active players etc.
For ex.: https://webdiplomacy.ru/rankings.php

kestasjk
Developer
Developer

#14 Post by kestasjk » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:55 am

Very nice! Is there a github repo?

Flame

#15 Post by Flame » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:13 pm

kestasjk wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:55 am
Very nice! Is there a github repo?
No. I have some difficulties with github code-distribution. I tried several time to contribute but in the end I found out that I have done many code listing editions on Ru-site (which is based both on webDip and Vdip code) that by now there is no posibility to merge the code (only partial code incapsulation).

kestasjk
Developer
Developer

#16 Post by kestasjk » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:35 pm

Righto no big deal, was just curious how you implemented it, (but I also don't want you to be caught off guard that the AGPL is a share-alike license)

Lots of good improvements. :o hope it helps the hobby in Ukraine, I think a Russian language site dedicated to conquering europe is a good place to be in 2023 ;p (j/k)

Flame

#17 Post by Flame » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:50 pm

kestasjk wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:35 pm
Righto no big deal, was just curious how you implemented it, (but I also don't want you to be caught off guard that the AGPL is a share-alike license)

Lots of good improvements. :o hope it helps the hobby in Ukraine, I think a Russian language site dedicated to conquering europe is a good place to be in 2023 ;p (j/k)

As to AGPL I will make now the actual scripts ZIP-archive and make it free to download by anyone. But my code-listing is too far from the iconic code with many commented lines and with no comments to the code blocks and you will lose you mind exploring my code space 😉

kestasjk
Developer
Developer

#18 Post by kestasjk » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:20 am

Flame wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:50 pm
kestasjk wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:35 pm

As to AGPL I will make now the actual scripts ZIP-archive and make it free to download by anyone. But my code-listing is too far from the iconic code with many commented lines and with no comments to the code blocks and you will lose you mind exploring my code space 😉
Hahah I know the feeling