webDip Glossary Project

Developers and contributors can find a link to our github page and engage in development project planning here.
Peregrine Falcon
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

webDip Glossary Project

#1 Post by Peregrine Falcon » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:46 pm

As per The Central Scrutinizer's suggestion, I figured we could start work on a glossary project. There's often a lot of jargon and acronyms that come up in gameplay, and it's not always easy to understand what they mean. I know this is something I had wished existed when I was first starting out, but I never spent the time to make one later on.

I expect this would be a long-term project (if it even gets any interest). I don't expect anyone will just sit down and blast off a complete dictionary at once. What could work well is using this thread to request definitions and submit entries. Then, over time, we'll build up a reference list for people to use. If it attracts interest and proves useful, perhaps it could someday be transferred into the FAQ or its own page.

What we are looking for in definitions is plain-English, jargon-free answers. Try to be concise, but define the term fully. Any first attempt at a definition doesn't need to be perfect; don't be afraid to just give it a shot. We can always tweak and add to definitions as we go.

Happy defining!

Peregrine Falcon
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: webDip Glossary Project

#2 Post by Peregrine Falcon » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:53 pm

PlayDip actually has a half-decent glossary. It could be useful for a starting point and inspiration.

Octavious

Re: webDip Glossary Project

#3 Post by Octavious » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:22 pm

Glop - Originally the abbreviated form of Glossary Project, this entered webDip slang in the spring/summer period of 2019 to mean "a proposal that has great potential, but because of the failings of others leads quickly to argument, hostility, and disaster.