2019 Variant Tournament Over Discord

Find the tournament calendar, sign up for tournaments, track tournament results, and fill out the tournament director questionnaire here.
Nanook

2019 Variant Tournament Over Discord

#1 Post by Nanook » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:39 am

Hello good people of WebDip! Most of you don't know me (sadly, for both of us), but I'm here to advertise a variant tournament I'll be running starting in the new year, primarily over discord. The maps will be hosted on the playdip forums, and that's where orders will be submitted, but all the communication will be handled via discord servers, with the maps and orders for each turn available there as well.

The short version is: you and another player form a team, and you can play either one at a time or interchangeably. 4 rounds, one of Vikings, 2 of Baltic (with only your best score counting), and one of Medieval. Click here for the playdip post with all the nitty gritty details.

If you're interested, feel free to ask me questions via comment, or PM on here or playdip or discord. Hopefully at least a couple of you good people sign up! This years version, run by Alex Ronke, had players from several different sites and backgrounds, and it was a very interesting and fun mesh. The only thing I ask for is reliability. Hopefully this will interest at least a couple of you, and don't hesitate if you've got questions!

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2019 Variant Tournament Over Discord

#2 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:52 am

This is a cool idea. Do users from our site interested in playing need to register on Playdip?

Nanook

#3 Post by Nanook » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:11 am

Yeah, you'd need a playdip account to send orders in. It's a lot easier to keep things organized that way than taking orders over discord.

Nanook

#4 Post by Nanook » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:00 pm

The discord for the tournament is here, for anyone that wants to follow along and/or reserve!