MAFIA 43 - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Percy Williams

Re: MAFIA 43 - GAME THREAD

#1161 Post by Percy Williams » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:00 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:25 pm
Brainbomb (6) - Durga, Squigs44, Damo, Attorney, Rdrivera2005, Thamrick.
Attorney (3) - Flash2015, Ezio, Foxcastle.
Vaporwave (2) - Percy Williams, RagingIke297.
Durga (2) - MoscowFleet, Worcej.
Ezio (1) - Brainbomb.
Thamrick (1) - Nephthys.
Rdrivera2005 (1) - Xorxes.

on bomb I dislike : Damo/rivera
attorney I dislike: flash/Ezio
on me I dislike: Percy

btw both votes on me are NOT REAL, but Percy thinks I'm the only player that needs to be analysed in this game

we need to find better wagons, since we didn't get any lineage from Vecna, I'll switch to

##VOTE rdrivera

I didn't see any better vote to make at the time and my "analysis" of you https://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3 ... 777#p61777 was just because you were directly referencing me. Because of that I didn't change my vote until the final vote I made for day one. (Although brainbomb is better in recent posts, still really suspicious.)

God save the Queen!

damo666

#1162 Post by damo666 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:04 pm

Percy is annoying

Percy Williams

#1163 Post by Percy Williams » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:38 pm
Btw, I think Percy did lie about being non-conservative

he had no problem in lying about being a different Percy when called out by Noah

so what stops him from mixing in with the town crowd?

it's not like he will be found until very late

cop should be on him regarding alignment
I'm not lying on either count. If there was a way to prove I wasn't that person on MU, I'd be happy to oblige, but I can't think of any. Any sort of test of things one of the two of would know could be, from your perspective, me just lying in text saying that I don't know. I really am not though.

Vaporwave

#1164 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:14 pm

Ok Percy Williams, I take you at your word.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1165 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:20 pm

Vecna I can't find where you claim Con/Non Con

Vecna

#1166 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:21 pm

Vaporwave wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:22 pm
Vecna picked up and I'm digging the effort

more Vecna is always welcome

actually don't think there's a game where we could have enough of Vecna
aaaaw

Vecna

#1167 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:32 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:01 pm
Neph's (smaller) wall

So tham did answer my question but I really don't like the answer. I personally think that to really like someone to warrant posting you townlean is generally when you think they're on the right track, usually pushing good theories (xorx) or catching scum. I've already pointed out how this doesn't add up with the initial post. I think it more likely that he just picked people who he thought were easy TR. Scum lean

As for brain, what Tom said last game really stood out to me. There's no point lynching someone who will obv themselves easily. While overnight he went nuts and I'm suspicious, I'm not 100% yet. Based on last game (sorry brain), I really rate his scum game because its easy to pick up. I think he's best left alone for today put scrutinized tomorrow.

Attorney is really concerning me. Outing a PR is some horrific play. Luckily it was one of the more chill ones (assuming he was telling the truth). Regardless, Attorney needs to chill, he seems to do alright with some of his posting but then just makes some really dodgy decisions...

Vapor is still giving me odd feelings. Feels like he could be trying to buddy me? Not quite as overt as last game but still gives me pause. On the whole I think he's more likely town that Attorney (still think its S/T)

Percy is lacking severely in content which again is really concerning. Thinking a good lynch for tomorrow.

Vecna seems towny, prodding people and providing some content. My one concern is that he kinda pulled the rd susp out of nowhere. I don't feel ready to make a comment about rd yet but I note xorx voted for him just before. Also, I would like to know what this means?
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:54 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:20 am
Well, sorry for being late to the party. I confess I don't have a clue about British politics and the roles are a bit confusing to me.

I think Squigs maths seems solid even if he didn't consider Bozo scenario where two scum lie and keep it 11/10, but I don't think it change the odds for the Party Cop, he still have a 1/11 to hit scum and the lynch odds are also the same

So, I am in favour of the claiming and I am a conservative.

Also, it's Carnaval here, so don't expect much from me until Wednesday (if I am still alive).
Rdrivera explicitely not doing the thing
Overall
Scum - Percy, V/A (probs A), Tham
Will out themselves in the next day or two - Brain
Town - Vecna (for now), xorx, bozo

Lynch order
Attorney
Brain/Percy
Percy/Tham
town rdrivera always thinks and comments nearly the same shit as me wheb catching up. his posting and reasoning always has a distinct logic i can follow or agree with.

His only three posts lacked that. two of them I felt completely diffeerent on the topic, and they have a scent of him just trying to discuss currently hot topics to appear to be partaking.

e.m.c^42

#1168 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:33 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:20 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:48 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:17 pm
Flash has been decently active tho, I guess the +1 bribe actually gave him motivation to play;

And he seems more serious, but again, the entire game has a different tone :p

he died really quickly last time, lack of interest in being VT was part of it? Don't really remember lol
mind slowly changing on emc.

also im not conservative. seems plenty if people have commited around p20 to give the plan a "comply or die status"
here ya go, if you haven't already found it

Vecna

#1169 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:33 pm

Attorney wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:12 pm
Vanilla Cop should go on vapor tonight.
that seems like a really big waste, only a mafia goon would ahow anything and hes not that much of an idiot

Jamiet99uk

#1170 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:37 pm

GM NOTE

Vote Count hasn't changed since the last one.

I will be offline for the next hour.

Vecna

#1171 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:37 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:09 pm
Vaporwave wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:17 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:15 pm

Why are you being so awkward Vaporwave? This tone is just so bad.
Stop calling attention to it

makes me more self-conscious and more awkward with every post

let me be!
most town post ever. You just dobt respond this way as scum to that type of pressure.
like, im sad its outed already - but this post did indeed midly scream pr. was ptobably bad of mw to quote it in hindsight, but I think any experienced scum player wouldve picked up on it.

damo666

#1172 Post by damo666 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:39 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:33 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:20 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:48 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:17 pm
Flash has been decently active tho, I guess the +1 bribe actually gave him motivation to play;

And he seems more serious, but again, the entire game has a different tone :p

he died really quickly last time, lack of interest in being VT was part of it? Don't really remember lol
mind slowly changing on emc.

also im not conservative. seems plenty if people have commited around p20 to give the plan a "comply or die status"
here ya go, if you haven't already found it
THIS MEANS BOZO COUNT WRONG

I assumed Vecna con because Bozo said 10-10

Vecna

#1173 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:39 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:14 pm
OK, we have 10 conservative claims and 10 non-conservative claims, with MoscowFleet apparently out of the game. I think there is value in narrowing down the conservative claims. First, in my opinion, any non-conservative town who falsely claimed conservative should let us know now, even if it could give the scum a better chance if guessing the party cop. It would give us a good idea of how many scum claimed non-conservative. We do not want to be lynching in the conservative pool if all scum fake claimed non-conservative.
yes, this is an important one to discuss in the last few hours.

thoughts xorxes?

Vecna

#1174 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:43 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:22 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:35 pm
Squigs, Damo, your vote on Brainbomb is old and plenty has happened since then. Care you re-evaluate?

Rdrivera, Thamrick, your votes on Brain look like anchors so you could drop in and drop out. Maybe make a real vote rather than taking the lazy way out? If it's based on Brainbomb's behavior this morning, you both know that he does that whether he's town or not, so not really a great reason to vote for him.

I think Attorney is worth lynching today, especially over Brainbomb. Most of the voters on Brainbomb have played with him before and should know better.
Original reasoning for voting him has only gotten stronger. As either alignment Brain is a high poster, but this game his posts are almost exclusively spam. He has only tinfoiled once or twice now, and he isn't pushing cases like he does as town. Add to that his recent Durga/Ike thing, bad claims and retractions, and his obviously faked townslip and he's a slam dunk scum.
I feel you should know better than this by now?

like, its possible, sure......

but a slamdunk? wut?

Vecna

#1175 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:43 pm

Durga wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Durga wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:20 pm
Give Vecna some time, he blossoms like a beautiful rose when he's town. It'll all be determined

The person I'm not really liking atm is FoxyKnoxy. He's doing that "here's substance that's not actually substantive" thing he does as scum
a beautiful rose eh
Was I wrong? Look at you blossoming!
I dno, i feel more sun-flowery

Durga

#1176 Post by Durga » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:45 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:43 pm
Durga wrote:
Vecna wrote:

a beautiful rose eh
Was I wrong? Look at you blossoming!
I dno, i feel more sun-flowery
hey that is my favourite flower :')

Vecna

#1177 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:49 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:10 pm
Durga wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:07 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:03 pm

So M42. The invite for the Discord server is invalid...

Worcej, any chance the server is still alive so I can go check and see which of Brain and Durga is lying?
I think that was it yeah. Unless worcej was the one who said jamiet didn't like discord chat. Think it was brain though. I could misremembering but I'm not gonna lie over something so fucking dumb. Go back and try to find it if it still exists. But more so, you should recognize this is all null at best and if you want to defend brain you should do it for reasons that aren't him actively trying to be town read.

Something very sus about people who say things just to get town cred
Oh, his slip over QT v. Discord is not the basis for my townread of him. Part of it, sure, but mostly having played with Brainbomb for a while, this looks like his townplay. Also, if he's scum, he'll out himself, so we don't need to waste a lynch on him Day 1. Complaints that he hasn't done his usual tinfoil hat scumhunting are valid, but I still wouldn't lynch him.
his tinfoily usually doesnt come day1 does it? it usually comes when he invariably starts questioning all that was obvious before

Foxcastle

#1178 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:55 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:49 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:10 pm
Durga wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:07 pm

I think that was it yeah. Unless worcej was the one who said jamiet didn't like discord chat. Think it was brain though. I could misremembering but I'm not gonna lie over something so fucking dumb. Go back and try to find it if it still exists. But more so, you should recognize this is all null at best and if you want to defend brain you should do it for reasons that aren't him actively trying to be town read.

Something very sus about people who say things just to get town cred
Oh, his slip over QT v. Discord is not the basis for my townread of him. Part of it, sure, but mostly having played with Brainbomb for a while, this looks like his townplay. Also, if he's scum, he'll out himself, so we don't need to waste a lynch on him Day 1. Complaints that he hasn't done his usual tinfoil hat scumhunting are valid, but I still wouldn't lynch him.
his tinfoily usually doesnt come day1 does it? it usually comes when he invariably starts questioning all that was obvious before
That's fair. It's not just that he hasn't generated any conspiracy theories, he hasn't generated any conspiracies in general. Still wouldn't lynch.

Vecna

#1179 Post by Vecna » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:56 pm

I feel like im like solo posting..........

with obe hour to eod....

and some majorly shit wagons going into eod

Percy Williams

#1180 Post by Percy Williams » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:56 pm

If my posts seem really out of place, It's because I had a lot of catchup to do on all the posts that were spammed in.
Having read up to now, here is my wall analysis:

First the big posters,
Brainbomb seems scum to me, although I can believe his confession was a typo. He's been doing a lot of distracting posts only loosely related to flavour at best. Even if he's not scum, I don't think we'll be able to track down the scum with him still here. Thus he is my lynch vote.

Vapour feels town, I was suspicious at first, but then Vapour's defense seemed earnest and his analysis of everything was pretty good. I mainly used his "Hi" post as flavour to go with my vote.

Attorney: either a solid town or amazing mafia. He has been one of the most helpful and logical in this game in my opinion.

Lesser posters,

Nephys: love the walls, he seems town but there's not a lot to go off of

Emc: might be a scum, he seems to be mostly attacking others ideas, even if he isn't super aggressive about it. There are over 1000 posts so maybe I'm just missing his constructive posts.

Me: confident Percy is town. Mainly Percy is interested in some quality flavour, and at the start of the game was really unsure how this worked.

Everyone else: I'm really unsure. Where there hasn't been a ton of posting I don't have strong opinions, and I'm still figuring out how to figure out who is mafia in online mafia.

To damo, who finds me annoying: it's all for you. :-D :wink: