Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#1641 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 5:50 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:40 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:34 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:23 pm

Please explain. Ignoring any paranoia about your alignment, I genuinely don't understand this.

Given what we have seen from Pirate from previous games, I think it extraordinarily unlikely that he would bus like that.

There is some possibility of Bona bussing, but it felt like Town Bona latching onto scum Will. Obviously he was happy to vote Will way before I did, then once I made my vote he happily supported the wagon he wanted. He possibly even had in mind that he could trap scum sweetandcool into bussing his teammate, which I would say he succeeded in doing (if I were actually Mafia).

I think the acting job would have to be too great for Bona to actually be Mafia here.

rdr makes sense as an alternate.

I haven't seen an argument for scumming worcej and certainly there are better candidates for D2. I can kind of understand scumming sweetandcool, but my counterarguments are rock solid and actually it makes no sense given my past scum history.

Ham is kind of a lazy scumslot to put in, but it might be correct.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I got carried away assessing the list, but seriously, could you be specific with your thoughts on these slots, in a way similar to what I just did?
In your case, I still question how you had Just third in you willingness to vote order, then changed your mind and voted for him. The things that concerns me about Bonatogether is that he called Just scum after his first post, although he says it was a joke, and the comments Just made about Bonatogether D1 seem like possible distancing. If you both are town and correctly scum read Just D1 and got him DKed, then that was a great play and I will be sorry for being skeptical.

I am not familiar with kingofthepirates, but he is in the same group as rdrivera, worcej, and BunnyGo, who all chose to vote for Just at EOD without having previously expressed any suspicion of him during D1.

Hamilton has not been engaged with the game much, which is consistent with his recent scum games, which unfortunately for him have been more than probable.
Thank you.

Well, I can tell you that before Bona even explained it to you, I knew he was joking the first two times he called Will scum.

It was only when Bona and Will started going back and forth that his scumread got serious.
Yes, but the jokes could have been a result of them being scum partners, and Just instigated Bonatogether suspicion with this:
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:06 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:02 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:53 am

Is this all you have to say about it
I think it's better if we saw nothing more about it.

Now Will, please, talk about something, someone. Even Bona. What's burning in that noggin of yours?
Now i dont have any proof for this but Bona seems to be doing his ‘too cool for mafia routine’. I dont know who said it or when (maybe it was during his MU champs game or maybe brain) but people have said this is a telltale sign of scum bona.

Now its just a theory but i think im onto something

Plus he hasn’t significantly contributed even tho his post count is relatively high, so theres another thing
This is somewhat similar to what Just did to you in M86.

bozotheclown

#1642 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 5:51 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:22 pm
ghug wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:47 pm
Very town:
ghug

Pretty town:
Bunny
Jamie

Townish:
Damo
Pirates
LoW
Sparta
Sweet
Vecna

Nulls:
Balki
Bona
Worcej

Scum:
rd
Ham
bozo
This seems fairly reasonable as well, even though ghug is wrong about me.

There is a risk that ghug and Vecna are mafia setting up the most obvious mis-kills, but I am hopeful that they are both town.
Bozo townreads me. Scum confirmed.
Do you think Vecna is town?

sweetandcool

#1643 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 04, 2024 5:53 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:50 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:40 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:34 pm

In your case, I still question how you had Just third in you willingness to vote order, then changed your mind and voted for him. The things that concerns me about Bonatogether is that he called Just scum after his first post, although he says it was a joke, and the comments Just made about Bonatogether D1 seem like possible distancing. If you both are town and correctly scum read Just D1 and got him DKed, then that was a great play and I will be sorry for being skeptical.

I am not familiar with kingofthepirates, but he is in the same group as rdrivera, worcej, and BunnyGo, who all chose to vote for Just at EOD without having previously expressed any suspicion of him during D1.

Hamilton has not been engaged with the game much, which is consistent with his recent scum games, which unfortunately for him have been more than probable.
Thank you.

Well, I can tell you that before Bona even explained it to you, I knew he was joking the first two times he called Will scum.

It was only when Bona and Will started going back and forth that his scumread got serious.
Yes, but the jokes could have been a result of them being scum partners, and Just instigated Bonatogether suspicion with this:
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:06 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:02 am

I think it's better if we saw nothing more about it.

Now Will, please, talk about something, someone. Even Bona. What's burning in that noggin of yours?
Now i dont have any proof for this but Bona seems to be doing his ‘too cool for mafia routine’. I dont know who said it or when (maybe it was during his MU champs game or maybe brain) but people have said this is a telltale sign of scum bona.

Now its just a theory but i think im onto something

Plus he hasn’t significantly contributed even tho his post count is relatively high, so theres another thing
This is somewhat similar to what Just did to you in M86.
True, but I think Will would have been more insufferably insistent on Bona being scum.

Well, something to think about. It still doesn't change the fact that there acting would have to be pretty good to fool us when we've seen this before.

bozotheclown

#1644 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 5:55 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:41 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:24 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:15 pm

I like the process. Go look at how bozo kept disappearing and reappearing in his lists.
Do you only suspect me because of Just scum reading me?
Not just that.

He scummed you and then forgot. And then linked you with other “scum reads” for no reason.

That was the start.

Your ISO reads unlike the town bozo that scum!bunny is scared of. That bozo gets a bone, makes a case, and grinds scum down.

This game’s bozo is just showing up. It’s like every post is an anchor post.
If you are town you are wrong, and Just deserves credit for what he did D1.

bozotheclown

#1645 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 5:56 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:43 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
ghug wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:30 pm

Bozo/Ham/Just/rdr

This is the shot I am calling
You are wrong, but I would be OK with voting for Hamilton or rdrivera.
Put your vote where your mouth is, then. I'll switch with you to either.
##VOTE rdrivera

Bonatogether

#1646 Post by Bonatogether » Sat May 04, 2024 5:57 pm

ghug wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:29 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
ghug wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:35 pm

What do you make of this, Bona?
already stated. no loose questioning for you
You explained what you find odd about it. I didn't see you converting that to an opinion on Vecna and his motivations.
umm i thought it was silly goofy. it was a bizarre post all things considered but i haven't played here in a long time, and with vecna in longer. don't know how to approach, but would figure that post specifically is more towny than not, although it is given to wifom

Jamiet99uk

#1647 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 04, 2024 5:58 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:50 pm
GM Note:
I would like to remind everyone that today's end of phase will likely process slowly. I have pre-typed a few flavor messages, but I will be at most 2 hours late in posting them. I believe it will be more punctual than that - I just need a minute or two between matches at my tournament.

Brainbomb has offered to post a "Day has ended, please hold" message. Please respect this post if I am not able to make it. Behave like Dargo is watching. He might be.
You should authorise him to post:

DAY HAS ENDED
DILLY DILLY
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1648 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat May 04, 2024 6:01 pm

I’ll buy sweet’s assertion in bussing for D2.

Running busy so in case EOD is missed ##Vote Vecna

Jamiet99uk

#1649 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 04, 2024 6:01 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

I like the process. Go look at how bozo kept disappearing and reappearing in his lists.
Not just that.

He scummed you and then forgot. And then linked you with other “scum reads” for no reason.

That was the start.

Your ISO reads unlike the town bozo that scum!bunny is scared of. That bozo gets a bone, makes a case, and grinds scum down.

I think BunnyGo has a sound point here.

Bozo could be scum.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Bonatogether

#1650 Post by Bonatogether » Sat May 04, 2024 6:02 pm

of current wagons i rank it sweet > bonzo > vecna > lord

bozotheclown

#1651 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 6:04 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:02 pm
What about rdrivera?

bozotheclown

#1652 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 6:05 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:01 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Not just that.

That was the start.

Bozo could be scum.
I disagree with the part about me "just showing up".

bozotheclown

#1653 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 6:15 pm

Since Vecna and ghug have already gone on record with their scum predictions, I am going to request that everyone provides their best guess at the remaining mafia. Remember, the point of this is to force the mafia to go on record with fake scum candidates, so please participate if you are town:

Vecna: Hamilton sweetandcool worcej
ghug: bozo Hamilton rdrivera
bozo: Bonatogether rdrivera worcej

BunnyGo

#1654 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 6:16 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:01 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Not just that.

That was the start.

Bozo could be scum.
Jamie responds to the use of the word anchor. Maybe he’s really into sailors these days?
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#1655 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 6:17 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:04 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:02 pm
What about rdrivera?
Good question

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#1656 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 6:18 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:15 pm
Since Vecna and ghug have already gone on record with their scum predictions, I am going to request that everyone provides their best guess at the remaining mafia. Remember, the point of this is to force the mafia to go on record with fake scum candidates, so please participate if you are town:

A survey!!!

Why now bozo?

sweetandcool

#1657 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 04, 2024 6:23 pm

bozotheclown wrote:

I'll humour you.

Vecna, rdr, Lord of Words

bozotheclown

#1658 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 6:27 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:18 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

A survey!!!

Why now bozo?
As I said, to force the mafia to go on record with fake scum candidates, since there is no night posting.

bozotheclown

#1659 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 6:28 pm

Remaining scum predictions:

sweetandcool: Vecna rdrivera LoW

Jamiet99uk

#1660 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 04, 2024 6:30 pm

bozotheclown wrote:

LordOfWords
Bozotheclown
then Damo or Rdrivera or Sweetandcool.