A new RPG idea

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kakarroto

Re: A new RPG idea

#21 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:38 am

Aeraalys looks confused when she notices how she was dragged into the tavern, it didn't feel like the power of her goddess. Still, it didn't feel hostile, so maybe some other deity that tries to guide her way? She looks around and notices most of the same people who were in the mystic's house, so maybe that was connected? Well, she now knows there is not much hurry for her help, well maybe regarding this person with the magical predicament, but she also doesn't know what to do there.

She turns to the group of people who were just there with her at the mystic's house and politely forms a greeting with her hands:

"Greetings, may the great mother be with you. I'm Aeraalys Stargazer, priestess of Eluna, goddess of healing and mending. I feel there is a force that binds us together, and maybe tries to guide our way? At least I felt something in that, and it was not my goddess. Would anyone of you might know more of it?"

Chairpusher

#22 Post by Chairpusher » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:30 pm

Efax felt something spill over his back and suddenly it was as if he had entered a dark cave and was looking out of the door. Upon entering the Tavern he began to realise that no one could see him. So he

1. Screams my name is Aelvyn "Aleslosh" Daergel and I bite;
2. Bites the nearest large drinker on the foot;
3. Having caused a problem and reappeared, asks one of the quiet drinkers if they had any maps for sale.

brainbomb

#23 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:26 pm

Hobgoblin Minister Thwack arrives late, as usual. bewildered by the various sights and smells of the town. he arrives in furs and dons a monocle. He treks his way around through the muck ruining his boots and manages to mutter several times how terribly unfortunate everything is.
He remains silent and takes careful note of everyone present, grinning a few times but frowning everytime he looks at his watch and boots.

DarthPorg36

#24 Post by DarthPorg36 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:41 pm

Aelvyn, hearing his name being yelled from the tavern, but not sure exactly why, barges in, yelling loudly to make up for his diminutive size, "IS SOMEBODY IN NEED OF A HERO? FOR IT IS I, AS YOU HAVE REQUESTED, AELVYN DAERGEL!"

If nobody needs a hero, then I buy a large mead, preferably half as tall as I am, sit down on an empty table, and listen closely to the happenings in the tavern.

If somebody does need a hero, I walk over to where they are, proudly and confidently, trying to avoid being squished, and proceed to do whatever they may ask me to.

mOctave

#25 Post by mOctave » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:05 pm

Qlik walks over to the bar, and non-vocally asks the barkeeper for some of the nearest barrel of alcohol available for his consumption, paying for it with a small golden coin.

He then proceeds to drink the whole thing in one quaff.

If the alcohol is 70 proof or higher, Qlik passes out on the floor.
Otherwise, he disappears again.

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#26 Post by kingofthepirates » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:14 pm

well, seems I have missed quite a bit...

Local bard (and movie lover) Heartrose Numen, hearing the shout, immediately jumps on a table, nearly slipping on some spilled drink, and breaks into song "I need a hero/ I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night / He's gotta be strong, and he's gotta be fast / And he's gotta be fresh from the fight" (song continues to end, but I don't want to copy and paste the whole thing here lol). upon finishing, they take a bow, before sitting down again
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

brainbomb

#27 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:06 am

Oh dear.
i am deeply discouraged to learn this town has no opera house. i was surely hoping to see a live show. Do any of you wish to dance a jig and perhaps get very drunk and do some silly things?

kingofthepirates

#28 Post by kingofthepirates » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:43 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:06 am
Oh dear.
i am deeply discouraged to learn this town has no opera house. i was surely hoping to see a live show. Do any of you wish to dance a jig and perhaps get very drunk and do some silly things?
why indeed, I think that would be splendid!
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

Diplomacy&Warfare

#29 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:55 am

Chairpusher wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:30 pm
Efax felt something spill over his back and suddenly it was as if he had entered a dark cave and was looking out of the door. Upon entering the Tavern he began to realise that no one could see him. So he

1. Screams my name is Aelvyn "Aleslosh" Daergel and I bite;
2. Bites the nearest large drinker on the foot;
3. Having caused a problem and reappeared, asks one of the quiet drinkers if they had any maps for sale.
A nearby slightly drunk man yelps in pain and blames his companion for stepping on his foot. You innocently wander over to a figure in a corner. "Sure," he replies, "If you've got coin. This here is a precise and detailed map made by the best cartographer in the kingdom". He unrolls a sloppily drawn map as a mug of beer flies past his head.
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:26 pm
Hobgoblin Minister Thwack arrives late, as usual. bewildered by the various sights and smells of the town. he arrives in furs and dons a monocle. He treks his way around through the muck ruining his boots and manages to mutter several times how terribly unfortunate everything is.
He remains silent and takes careful note of everyone present, grinning a few times but frowning everytime he looks at his watch and boots.
Several townspeople look at you, concerned that a hobgoblin has come to their village. Then again, looks like they've got other problems, judging by the minor brawl happening at that table.
DarthPorg36 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:41 pm
Aelvyn, hearing his name being yelled from the tavern, but not sure exactly why, barges in, yelling loudly to make up for his diminutive size, "IS SOMEBODY IN NEED OF A HERO? FOR IT IS I, AS YOU HAVE REQUESTED, AELVYN DAERGEL!"

If nobody needs a hero, then I buy a large mead, preferably half as tall as I am, sit down on an empty table, and listen closely to the happenings in the tavern.

If somebody does need a hero, I walk over to where they are, proudly and confidently, trying to avoid being squished, and proceed to do whatever they may ask me to.
Your excessively loud shouting is still barely heard over the arguments about who threw John's mug of ale. Someone shouts at you, "No, Alfen Durgel, I don't need a deer."
You buy a large mead and sit down at an empty table. A large tankard flies past your shoulder and shatters against the wall.
mOctave wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:05 pm
Qlik walks over to the bar, and non-vocally asks the barkeeper for some of the nearest barrel of alcohol available for his consumption, paying for it with a small golden coin.

He then proceeds to drink the whole thing in one quaff.

If the alcohol is 70 proof or higher, Qlik passes out on the floor.
Otherwise, he disappears again.
The barkeeper accepts your payment with as few words as you offer it, then frowns as you instantly pass out after one mug. A nearby human throws you at a dwarf and accidently misses and hits a half-elf, who falls on top of a halfling. The halfling throws you at someone else.
kingofthepirates wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:14 pm
well, seems I have missed quite a bit...

Local bard (and movie lover) Heartrose Numen, hearing the shout, immediately jumps on a table, nearly slipping on some spilled drink, and breaks into song "I need a hero/ I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night / He's gotta be strong, and he's gotta be fast / And he's gotta be fresh from the fight" (song continues to end, but I don't want to copy and paste the whole thing here lol). upon finishing, they take a bow, before sitting down again
Several things are thrown at you: a coin, another coin, a mug of mead, an ale, a very unusual-looking human who appears to be drunk and also suffering from temporal displacement, a chair, a table, a coin... fortunately you reach the end of the song before anything more dangerous comes your way.
Round 4
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There appears to be a very large bar fight happening.

brainbomb

#30 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:43 am

Ah a good old fashioned bar fight.

i bet twenty schillings that someone throws a chair

mOctave

#31 Post by mOctave » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:26 am

Qlik, having found that imbibing large amounts of alcohol is a temporary cure for temporal displacement, remains passed out unless someone dumps something cold and wet over his head.

If someone does, he groans and climbs awkwardly to his feet.

brainbomb

#32 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:39 pm

*offers legal advice to some of the people injured in the brawl*

You could always sue these people for assault and battery. Thwack, Minister of all things Legal and Un-Legal, at your service. Need a potion? Im your guy. Need compensation for toxic fumes you breathed while in the crab mine dungeoun? I'm also your guy. I do declare

Jamiet99uk

#33 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:40 pm

Bram and several of his mercenaries attempt to break up the brawl and calm everyone down.

"Calm down, ye bloody fools!"
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Kakarroto

#34 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:12 pm

The priestess, quite surprised by the sudden start of a brawl, and that everyone seemed to ignore her greeting and question, turns to the barkeeper and friendly asks him: "Does this happen often here? It seems quite aggressive. Don't you mind that they smash your interior? I think they had drunk too much and I should do something. Please, bring your alcohol in a safe corner, away from the fight, I might need to ask for the goddess power and I don't intent to cleanse your beverage of its alcohol. I should do so only if would be fine with that."

She waits for it until the barkeeper does so, or gives his acknowledgement, then plans to purge the alcohol in the area around the fight and the people, probably also affecting Qlik who lies on the floor due to it, if it is needed at the time.

But right after she talked to him, she steps next to Bram, who seemed a voice of calm and reason, and tries to help stop the fight and to calm everyone down with just friendly words like him, ready to pray for the removal of their intoxications if the barkeeper gives her a signal.

Pengwinja

#35 Post by Pengwinja » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:42 pm

While the fight is going on, one of the barrels seem to be quaking. The barrel then grows teeth and a large tongue. Darrel, (who is a barrel), is a mimic, which is different than the other mimics, mainly due to Darrel not believing in chests.

Darrel rolls over to Bram’s mercenaries and tries to eat the smallest ones.

Chairpusher

#36 Post by Chairpusher » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:12 pm

Happy to have made sure no one would see him buy the map. Efax :

1. Buys map with a very low denomination coin;
2. Asks Bar-keep if he can buy supplies from somewhere close;
3. Leave Tavern and head for sound of voices.

brainbomb

#37 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:35 pm

Savagery. Such savagery. Surely my kind could teach people a thing or two about manners. I mean trying to eat people... such a thing only happens.. In places like the Congo I would think. Not here in our fair tavern.

(sips a very martini in a ridiculously small martini glass)

Pengwinja

#38 Post by Pengwinja » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:38 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:35 pm
Savagery. Such savagery. Surely my kind could teach people a thing or two about manners. I mean trying to eat people... such a thing only happens.. In places like the Congo I would think. Not here in our fair tavern.

(sips a very martini in a ridiculously small martini glass)
Don’t knock it ‘till you try it.

kingofthepirates

#39 Post by kingofthepirates » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:59 pm

As the fight continues, Numen, upset by the lack of awesome background music, decides to add it themselves. Whipping out a full ensemble out of seemingly nowhere, they begin to play every instrument simultaneously. Surprisingly, this actually ends up sounding good, a pretty good score for the scene at hand.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#40 Post by dargorygel » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:45 pm

Bob McBobson, a non-descript man, of indeterminate age, ambles in to the bar, carefully avoiding contact with swinging fists, hurled mugs, and the expected, but as of yet unnoted, flying chair.

Bob suspects he has two abilities, one class, and one amazing superpower... because his mum and dad always assured Bob that this was the case. So far, despite two dragon-hunting expeditions (no dragon seen nor smelled), one bank robbery attempt (the bank where Bob keeps his funds, and Bob changed his mind about taking the funds after the clerk cheerfully attempted to hand Bob a bag with a Dholarian monetary symbol printed on it), and four unsuccessful romantic ventures (no description forthcoming, nothing occured).

Bob ambles a lot... experimenting occasionally with experiencing experiments to discern and/or ascertain the above mentioned abilities, class, and superpowers.

So amidst the fight Bob:
1) Attempts to divert a flying chair towards anyone who resembles a snooty monocled lawyerish monster. No chair. Probably no success.
2) Drink two beers, left on the bar by fighting fighters. Not sure if this is any of the three things Bob wonders about, if he successfully consumes the beers.
3) Attempts to tap one toe to the interesting and suprisingly skillful ensemble playing an almost recognizable tune... or set of tunes... or SOME kind of music.