Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

#4041 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:20 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:03 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:02 pm
I am the cop.
I scanned bozo N1, (inno) because at that time (and I had not had a lot of time to read) it seemed he would be in that middle group that I think a cop should scan in.

The next night, N2, I was RBed.

I had some hope that the remaining scumbo was only guessing me, and that he had NOT seen my clear crumb.

And I feared that bozo was the Doc. I didn’t want to reveal him as I revealed myself. And, as bunny said, nerfed (completely) my PR role, and the Doc’s.

Upon consideration, I reckoned that if I reveal NOW, giving town time to reconsider, we might get ‘lucky’ on our DK today, which will not happen if we continue to DK bozo.

It seems to me… that we now have two clears: bozo, and me.

The doc is still out there, but he IS a third clearish.

Waiting until EoN, after I see if I was indeed completely found out, would possibly gain us another clear, in exchange, though, for the bozoClear we have now. (I figure my scans are done...)

Of course, I might have gotten a scan on scum N3… and now I will absolutely be blocked.

But I believe I was there, anyway.

A number of you ‘moved off’ me for no reason, which I induce was seeing my crumb. Also, no comments on my RB… which made me believe it was obvious.

So there we have it.
HAHAH I KNEW IT BOOM!!!!

His fourth post had I C O P as the initials!!!!
I think it is unlikely Just would point out dargorygel's cop crumb if he has role blocked him N2.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4042 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:25 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:56 pm
To the GT:

Sweet continues sucking at this game. But good news! His bad attitude from life makes me want to punch him! Town!sweet for now.

Damn…no, bad Bunny. Find a better way of reading sweet. Don’t make that a thing.

Ah well this is a slow start. I miss kaka.
Bunny, what are you doing here?

This COMPLETELY changes my mind. I will now be voting for bunny!
Not really... but it is an example of stuff that all of you have done that is sus.

And I don't remember noticing this one before.

I miss drunkbunny.

bozotheclown

#4043 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:27 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:23 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:09 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:40 pm
##vote Bunny

the only person who has voted to have not changed their vote
To the GT:

This…is silly. But somehow he doesn’t sound silly? Hungover damo is weird.
It's also inaccurate. I haven't changed my vote at all.
I am not sure what the purpose of this post was, but it does not seem like distancing, and it seems to be why damo voted for sweetandcool.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4044 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:28 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:20 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:03 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:02 pm
I am the cop.
I scanned bozo N1, (inno) because at that time (and I had not had a lot of time to read) it seemed he would be in that middle group that I think a cop should scan in.

The next night, N2, I was RBed.

I had some hope that the remaining scumbo was only guessing me, and that he had NOT seen my clear crumb.

And I feared that bozo was the Doc. I didn’t want to reveal him as I revealed myself. And, as bunny said, nerfed (completely) my PR role, and the Doc’s.

Upon consideration, I reckoned that if I reveal NOW, giving town time to reconsider, we might get ‘lucky’ on our DK today, which will not happen if we continue to DK bozo.

It seems to me… that we now have two clears: bozo, and me.

The doc is still out there, but he IS a third clearish.

Waiting until EoN, after I see if I was indeed completely found out, would possibly gain us another clear, in exchange, though, for the bozoClear we have now. (I figure my scans are done...)

Of course, I might have gotten a scan on scum N3… and now I will absolutely be blocked.

But I believe I was there, anyway.

A number of you ‘moved off’ me for no reason, which I induce was seeing my crumb. Also, no comments on my RB… which made me believe it was obvious.

So there we have it.
HAHAH I KNEW IT BOOM!!!!

His fourth post had I C O P as the initials!!!!
I think it is unlikely Just would point out dargorygel's cop crumb if he has role blocked him N2.
I think he might have. The "I KNEW IT" might indicate that he RB'ed me because he saw that crumb... but wasn't sure I meant it. But my claim confirmed it, and he reacted loudly... knowing that it really didn't reveal anything. He could have said the same thing as town.

However, atp I am satisfied that it was probably Just just being enthusiastic with self-congratulations for seeing it.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4045 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:33 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:25 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:23 pm
Well, now we wait 30 hours to vote Food out i guess.
Yeah I figure I’m next so I’ll check out.

Here’s my send up to the GT:

Bunny. It’s fucking Bunny isn’t it.
Food even says he is going to be absent here. I do not think it indicates guilt or innocence. Tired of scrutiny when inno is frustrating, and tired of scrutiny when guilty is scary/frustrating.

bozotheclown

#4046 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:34 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:28 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:26 pm
Hard scumread on sweet, but no one else seems to think so.

##VOTE BUNNY

Not necessarily one big reason, more like a compounding of little reasons.
I'm voting sweet
damo666 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:52 pm
##vote sweet
damo was encouraging Just to vote for sweetandcool when the wagons were close, then helped get sweetandcool DKed. I don't believe he would bus sweetandcool like that.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4047 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:43 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:27 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:12 am
Shit. It’s just damo.
You got everything right except 'damo'.

If it's not food or Chaqa I'll be surprised.

I suppose Will might have got trapped in a bus but I doubt.

A Frog bus when he did makes no sense.

I put sweet in the lead with 8 minutes to go.

That leaves Bunny. Bunny makes it a tie between himself and sweet just before I vote sweet. Sweet had been voting Bunny all day. Maybe scumBunny was annoyed at sweet bussing him and thought he was the better player?

Shit. It's just Bunny.

But seriously I think scumBunny would have voted me to make it a tie between me and him.

So, I'm back to square one. It has to be food or Chaqa.
Or you.

bozotheclown

#4048 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:44 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:50 pm
##vote sweetandcool
Frogsterking wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:51 pm
No, get off damo, they look like obvious limbait, stop dicking around tunneling each other, sweetandcool is an easy read and needs to go first.
Frogsterking wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:56 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:55 pm
##VOTE Bunny

A tie I can get behind.
sketch
Frogsterking wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:58 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:57 pm
i am pretty sure sweet is just town this game.
I don't see it
Frogsterking kept pushing for the sweetandcool DK, so to be bussing he would have thought DKing sweetandcool was worth it for the town credit. I still do not think that is likely, and the real time suspicion of ghug for voting for BunnyGo to tie the vote seems town motivated.

bozotheclown

#4049 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:50 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:51 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:41 pm
To the GT:

Wtf was with that flavor text? I mean, full props for interesting historical fiction, but weird. You planning on just having tragedies from throughout history?

Jamie’s posts are strong town!Jimbo. I honestly don’t know what it is about his energy that triggers me, but last game it was niggling my brain, this game much more town.

Froggy’s opening posts read more like a person trying to play froggy from last game.

Sweet and Just…sigh.

In all honesty though, that’s on me to recalibrate some more. Heart told me after last game that he vibes well with Just. So it might be generational miscommunication. I’ll try listening better again.
Wow, I really appreciate seeing your thoughts. Unfortunately for you, it also makes it really easy to read you.

##VOTE Bunny
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:21 pm
I've actually started off looking at bunny again (I am going to look at ghug, Will, brainbomb, and Food, hopefully I have the time).

I thought maybe my scumreading him and voting him based on his first post was harsh, but the more I look at him the more he looks bad.

Bunny's first post seemed insincere because he threw in an obligatory degradation of Will and sweetandcool, when we hadn't done anything yet to warrant it.

His first post of page 3 he decides to townread me, because I mentioned I'm grumpy about life. I still couldn't have possibly done something to make him frustrated with me, and he even references that he needs a better way to read me. Again, this is clearly Bunny saying things he has said in past games, but he has no reason to make those comments.

Third post of page 3 is interesting if Bunny is scum. Could he be teammates with brainbomb?

First post of page 4, maybe it's a casual post or maybe it's a way to spread some stink on me. Bunny seems to want to town me and scum me at the same time.

Last post of page 8 actually makes me mad now that I'm rereading it. Is scum Bunny trying to make us look like teammates?! I'm really not liking his interactions with me (I wasn't planning on cherrypicking his posts that refer to me, but those are the ones that keep pinging me the most).

2nd post of page 9, he agrees with brainbomb and continues to negatively comment on Food. There have been a few posts about Food that don't ping me, but it's interesting how he seems to be buddying brainbomb. Is brainbomb town or are they being obvious partners to the point that we can't think they are partners? Or is it a bus on Food? I haven't felt bad about Food but I do worry about potential pocketing. Food's been too easygoing with me, and it makes me wary.

Several posts later: Jeeze, Bunny become fixated on brainbomb. Not towning or scumming brainbomb really, just mentioning the hell out of him.

Okay, at this point I've concluded Bunny is probably scum. He is currently gunning for Food. Bus or MK?

I was planning on saving Food for last, but I think I'll look at him next. Then onto my accusers.
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:46 pm
Okay, read through Food. Not going to make a long post about it.

I am unsure what to think about Food. Not exactly liking his D1, but not terrible.

I will comment that while I know this community by default hates most reads list (at least for D1?), I don't think it's a great reason to scum Food. Nothing on that list really pinged me, at least.
I don't know why sweetandcool would aggressively bus BunnyGo this way, and comparing his post about BunnyGo to his post about foodcoats makes me think both posts were intended to protect foodcoats.

BunnyGo

#4050 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:55 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:16 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:22 pm
Wow, I thought Will's play last game was good and I'm liking it this game too.

Just a Will Named Town.
I think this has to be pocketing, and I don't see Just deciding to bus sweetandcool after this if it is not.
of all the non-mech-cleared: pay off to Just. If ALL his slips AND his bussing AND sweet's "pocketing" are FAKED?! They deserve it.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#4051 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:56 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:25 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
To the GT:

Sweet continues sucking at this game. But good news! His bad attitude from life makes me want to punch him! Town!sweet for now.

Damn…no, bad Bunny. Find a better way of reading sweet. Don’t make that a thing.

Not really... but it is an example of stuff that all of you have done that is sus.

I miss drunkbunny.
I'm posting my thoughts at the time....

Those were my thoughts.

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#4052 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:58 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:25 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
To the GT:

I miss drunkbunny.
I tried Drunk Bunny (TM) last game. Spectacular failure.

I think it's because my Dumb Bunny (TM) and Drunk Bunny (TM) personae were my overly analytical and overly emotional sides in different aspects.

In the last few games I've done much better just listening, while also trying to analyze a bit.

So playing up one aspect didn't feel good, and nobody enjoyed it...myself included.

BunnyGo

#4053 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:58 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:27 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:09 pm

To the GT:

This…is silly. But somehow he doesn’t sound silly? Hungover damo is weird.
I am not sure what the purpose of this post was, but it does not seem like distancing, and it seems to be why damo voted for sweetandcool.
The first time...he moved around a bit.

bozotheclown

#4054 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:59 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:41 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:58 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:04 am

This is also called hedging.
Holding both sides of a stance as being valid in order to mask knowing too much information.

it is also possible to just not know. Maybe youre not scum with bunny. Maybe bunny is just bunny. In fact yea he probably is. Town. Yes maybe sweet is also town.

See.
What I did.
Says the guy not voting Bunny to the guy actually voting Bunny.

But okay, I guess you are right that people would view that as hedging. That really explains previous instances where I was scumread for behaving this way. I've never understood it until now because it never crossed my mind that I could be considered as hedging.
This feels like a very townie post from sweet. Both perceptive and critical of brain’s position, and willing to accept criticism and not overly fight back against the scumreading. Nuanced and broad in the way that is more natural to town. I think that makes it worth townleaning sweet.
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:47 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:58 am
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:54 am
I just realized brainbomb and Chaqa are scum together.

That’s why brain attacked Chaqa over a quibble, Chaqa cried about it, brain let him off the hook, and Chaqa disappeared.

Toot toot let’s go.

##VOTE Chaqa
To the GT:

That’s an interesting theory. I think it also works with chaqa town and brainbomb instigating.

I wonder why food doesn’t ##vote brainbomb when brain has also been nudging food.
The main reason I think they are more likely both scum is that Chaqa’s defense and following play after that fight do not at all appear to be townie, nor is it remotely reasonable to think Chaqa is unable to launch an ATE or threaten to sub out as scum. Brain even highlighted it himself: Chaqa has a very wide range. However, the “meta key” that is most interesting to me isn’t “scum!Chaqa could do this,” it’s “town!brain knows scum!Chaqa could do this, but brain accepted the ATE and has not launched a follow-up attack regarding Chaqa’s fading from the thread once the ATE was accepted.” This is an unusual tack from brain.

And now that I’ve written it out, I see how on balance brain is more likely than Chaqa to be scum in that scenario.

Well, the reason I voted for Chaqa is because I like to see bigger wagons competing earlier in the game, and there are several people who seemed willing to vote Chaqa, whereas a brain wagon doesn’t seem likely at this time. But since you’ve corrected my thinking, I will:

##VOTE brainbomb
These are the 2 posts I mention when voting for foodcoats D1. I was wrong about foodcoats trying to pocket sweetandcool, but he might have been protecting him.

The second post made me think foodcoats was fabricating his case that brainbomb and Chaqa were both mafia, as well as potentially pocketing BunnyGo.

foodcoats would have been defending sweetandcool more than is typical for a mafia teammate, but I think that makes it a reasonable post as mafia because it looks like pocketing if foodcoats flips first.

bozotheclown

#4055 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:05 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:07 pm
I will not vote Bunny, food, or sweet today.

I'm not really seeing any reason to vote Hamilton either.
Chaqa wrote:
This Hamilton wagon out of nowhere feels really wrong.
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:53 pm
Bunch of openwolfing going on to protect damo
Chaqa wrote:
##Vote sweet
Chaqa discouraged votes for sweetandcool and Hamilton, encouraged votes for damo at EOD, and voted for sweetandcool when the DK was decided.

Chaqa's D1 could easily be scum motivated, and he would have been locked into town reading BunnyGo when it came down to sweetandcool and BunnyGo.

bozotheclown

#4056 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:09 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:58 pm
##Vote Bozo

naked vote b/c its scummy
foodcoats wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:59 pm
Bleh

##VOTE Hamilton Brian
D2, Chaqa voted for me all day with little explanation, while foodcoats voted for Hamilton at EOD with what turned out to be the vote that put Hamilton in the lead.

BunnyGo

#4057 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:09 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:05 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Chaqa wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
##Vote sweet
Chaqa discouraged votes for sweetandcool and Hamilton, encouraged votes for damo at EOD, and voted for sweetandcool when the DK was decided.

Chaqa's D1 could easily be scum motivated, and he would have been locked into town reading BunnyGo when it came down to sweetandcool and BunnyGo.
@chaqa...is this whole game one big "pocket Bunny" to you?!

bozotheclown

#4058 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:12 pm

Despite what ghug said, I think Chaqa should be the next DK, then probably foodcoats, before assuming someone was hard bussing sweetandcool.

bozotheclown

#4059 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:14 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:58 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:27 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

The first time...he moved around a bit.
Yes, and his second vote broke the tie between you and sweetandcool.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4060 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:18 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:09 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:05 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Chaqa wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
##Vote sweet

@chaqa...is this whole game one big "pocket Bunny" to you?!

I was under the impression we were both pocketing each other.