Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
JustAGuyNamedWill

Re: Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

#4021 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:35 am

Frogsterking wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:21 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:04 am
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:40 am
@frog
I interpreted your actions AS freezing. You seem an articulate serious oerson. Your bursts of lightness IS how I would see you freezing

I don't expect you to agree, of course.
I meant to quote this one.
That's cool, I get in my head when I'm scum because I think everything I'm saying looks fishy.
I only get serious when I’m about to get DKed. As scum or as town, I start to actually try to stay alive.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#4022 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:37 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:35 am
Frogsterking wrote:
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:04 am

I meant to quote this one.
That's cool, I get in my head when I'm scum because I think everything I'm saying looks fishy.
I only get serious when I’m about to get DKed. As scum or as town, I start to actually try to stay alive.
I’ve actually never been the DK vote as mafia. Only time I played mafia, I was shot by Bunny.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4023 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:39 am

Frogsterking wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:55 am
dargorygel wrote:
@frog
I interpreted your actions AS freezing. You seem an articulate serious oerson. Your bursts of lightness IS how I would see you freezing

I can't imagine a less accurate description about what freezing is or looks like. I'm trying to come up with a less accurate description of freezing though because I'm sure one exists. Okay here's my try
"freezing is like skipping peacefully through a meadow while swinging a basket of flowers. In mafia play you can see this freezing reflected by the lightness in their posts and the ease at which they say whatever comes to mind."
I think that is still only about as inaccurate as what you said, because I basically just reworded your description of freezing but added my own simile in front of it. If anyone can come up with a less accurate description of freezing than "bursts of lightness" then I'd be curious to read it.
You're hilarious.
When I freeze i go into brain-not-working mode. So things get blurted, which in your case might look like erratic serous-silliness. You do you, though.

Frogsterking

#4024 Post by Frogsterking » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:47 am

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:39 am
Frogsterking wrote:
dargorygel wrote:
@frog

I can't imagine a less accurate description about what freezing is or looks like. I'm trying to come up with a less accurate description of freezing though because I'm sure one exists. Okay here's my try
"freezing is like skipping peacefully through a meadow while swinging a basket of flowers. In mafia play you can see this freezing reflected by the lightness in their posts and the ease at which they say whatever comes to mind."
I think that is still only about as inaccurate as what you said, because I basically just reworded your description of freezing but added my own simile in front of it. If anyone can come up with a less accurate description of freezing than "bursts of lightness" then I'd be curious to read it.
You're hilarious.
When I freeze i go into brain-not-working mode. So things get blurted, which in your case might look like erratic serous-silliness. You do you, though.
Okay that makes sense, at least I understand where you're coming from, and that is probably accurate because it would explain why I stop posting because I can't construct anything I feel is worth posting so I just lurk it out. This line of thinking would imply that my lighter posts are bad though, right? Because I'm freezing and being put into brain-not-working mode? I don't think they're that bad.

Frogsterking

#4025 Post by Frogsterking » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:53 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:37 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:35 am
Frogsterking wrote:

I’ve actually never been the DK vote as mafia. Only time I played mafia, I was shot by Bunny.
Something scum!will would never say here IMO

Frogsterking

#4026 Post by Frogsterking » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:07 am

Frogsterking wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:47 am
dargorygel wrote:
Frogsterking wrote:

You're hilarious.
Okay that makes sense, at least I understand where you're coming from, and that is probably accurate because it would explain why I stop posting because I can't construct anything I feel is worth posting so I just lurk it out. This line of thinking would imply that my lighter posts are bad though, right? Because I'm freezing and being put into brain-not-working mode? I don't think they're that bad.
I guess being frozen in this way would imply that all my posts are bad, not just the lighter ones. Because your theory is that both kinds of posts are coming from a brain-not-working place which is causing me to construct lighter and serious posts alternating. You really think my posts are that terrible?

Frogsterking

#4027 Post by Frogsterking » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:17 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:47 pm
Part 2: It's All About the Hamiltons or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Burr

The first group are the early game "jokepost" phase:
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:46 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:33 am
To the GT:

Heart, froggy, Just, Jamie, sweet. All here. Not posting sigh. Sooooooooooooo boring.

Where’s Hambone? He’s always here early. Wonder if he forgot about game start?
Heyya all. Just got back from my MIL's for supper so just checking in now.
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:49 am
And I actually haven't read the setup.
Believable.
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:58 am
Frogsterking wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:25 pm

You seem different, what's wrong with you?
Firing from the hip.
Hamilton answers for his teammate Sweet. But would he really do this if teammate Frog is asking? I think not.

+1 Town Point for Frog

He returns the next day with this:
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:58 pm
What's shaking! Seems like votes are pretty static so far?
It's so scummy in retrospect, and then he disappears for 8 hours before returning.
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:17 am
Today totally got away from me and just got back from my guitar lesson.

I know I'll go back and read up on it but...Jamie endvotes on bozo? What the what!

Are people really that aggrieved with Bunny's psychoanalysis on the metaphorical couch that this forum has been turned into (by BunnY) that they'd vote him out?
So Hamilton's first reaction is to somewhat defend Bunny. Interesting note.
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:32 am
Frogsterking wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:19 am

How am I supposed to tell the difference between this and scum!Brian?
Pour quoi? It's really been a gas of a day; up at 6:30, out the door at 7:30, with kids and adults all day. Don't get home until 4:15. Go run and get back at 5:30. Out the door to my lesson at 6:15. Don't get home until 8. it's a real gas, man.

Why'd you land on my post so quick with the insinuation that I'm scummy? That's scummy. I've only made like 8 or 9 posts in the game so far.
More conflict with Frog makes Frog look good.
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:32 am
Frogsterking wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:03 am

@hamiltonbrian

Are you doing this too? I don't understand if I should be giving you space so you can do your thing or if I should be asking you questions while you're present in the thread so I can get an actual read on your alignment.
Nope; don't do that. I am only intermittently here for now...and soon to bed. Best sit down with me tomorrow a couple of hours before deadline or through night. Unless I wind up being the DK or NK.

I have only just managed to log on, read a few posts from the current page, maybe backtrack a page or two, etc. It's not subtantial enough right now.

Good on you for checking though. I appreciate it.
Less conflict with Frog.

-- I omitted a bunch of irrelevant stuff that's mostly boring --
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:58 pm
I've been superbusy so my contributions are low low lobsterball low. I live for the weekends, what can I say.

Anyway I wanted to focus on the top key votes before I looked just now and saw a bunch of ties at 2 each.

I am kind of here right now.

Sweetandcool: quick jump on Bunny for the God posts. Kind of feel he’s making suggestions but circling around coming right out to suggesting anyone is town or mafia to them. Not really seeing the votes for them but that requires a better read of the voters. (ghug and justaguynamedwill).

Brainbomb: coming to the conclusion that it’s best to hold off on any opinions of brain until after D1. The amount of posts are difficult to pull apart. Scums food and bunny. I liked the post where he presented his process. Kind of have a good feeling about him so far. Not inclined to jump to a town conclusion but it doesn’t feel like mafia. Bunny and foodcoats are current voters.

JustAGuyNAmedWill: Kind of presents reads on the spot. Who does that D1? Not the most suspicions thing

I want to know what has formed the opinion of this hard scumread on sweet by Will. I wouldn't say Will is mafia based on sweet's defensiveness (that's a lousy adjective for the point they were trying to make but I can't offer a better assessment of their reaction to will right now).
This seems like Hamilton defending Sweet, and I don't think he would draw so much attention here if Will was also scum.

+1 Town Point for Will
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:41 pm
I need to go for a run so I need to vote now. I kind of sheep brain to the point that I'd vote along one of his lines even if he didn't stick with it.

##Vote Bunny

Plus sweet is on that wagon and I kind of vibe sweet too.
He was really working to save Sweet.

====================================
Night 1
====================================
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:07 am
Holy magnificent. That was some wagon the killed SweetAndScum. Who drove that because that came out of nowhere. When I voted and left, it was Bunny 3.

Anyway, well done!

Ghug and Just come off pretty good having originally seeming to scum Sweet. I just can't tell when ghug is being serious or ironic.
:?

+1 Scum Point for Ghug
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:31 pm
AS I get back in to this for a short time this morning, I'm wondering what made Bunny, damo, ghug, vecna, and chaqa make that shift at the EOD.

Bunny self-preserving kind of makes sense if I am reading it correctly and it was to make it 3-3 at that point.

So why the rest?
I wonder if everyone he listed in "the rest" could be town

Day 2 coming later
:o

Frogsterking

#4028 Post by Frogsterking » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:19 am

foodcoats wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:42 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:20 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:50 pm

This hasn’t aged better. What’s up damo?
Nothing.

I can neither confirm nor deny whether I am doc who saved Bozo, however...

Either scum targeted Bozo who was doc saved in which case scum does not know doc's id

OR scum targeted nonBozodoc who saved themselves in which case scum knows who doc is so they may as well reveal.

I would better on the former (obviously).
Huh? This doesn't make sense. Don't worry about the doc.
:o

JustAGuyNamedWill

#4029 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:51 am

I see you, Monarch, lurking around, surveying our every move.

Maybe shes mafia and we’ve all been bamboozled

BunnyGo

#4030 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:12 am

Shit. It’s just damo.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

damo666

#4031 Post by damo666 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:27 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:12 am
Shit. It’s just damo.
You got everything right except 'damo'.

If it's not food or Chaqa I'll be surprised.

I suppose Will might have got trapped in a bus but I doubt.

A Frog bus when he did makes no sense.

I put sweet in the lead with 8 minutes to go.

That leaves Bunny. Bunny makes it a tie between himself and sweet just before I vote sweet. Sweet had been voting Bunny all day. Maybe scumBunny was annoyed at sweet bussing him and thought he was the better player?

Shit. It's just Bunny.

But seriously I think scumBunny would have voted me to make it a tie between me and him.

So, I'm back to square one. It has to be food or Chaqa.

Frogsterking

#4032 Post by Frogsterking » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:37 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:27 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Shit. It’s just damo.

That leaves Bunny. Bunny makes it a tie between himself and sweet just before I vote sweet. Sweet had been voting Bunny all day. Maybe scumBunny was annoyed at sweet bussing him and thought he was the better player?

Shit. It's just Bunny.

But seriously I think scumBunny would have voted me to make it a tie between me and him.

I think it's food

damo666

#4033 Post by damo666 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:42 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:37 pm
damo666 wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Shit. It’s just damo.

Shit. It's just Bunny.

I think it's food
That's who I'm voting tomorrow.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4034 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:02 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:42 pm
Frogsterking wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:37 pm
damo666 wrote:

Shit. It's just Bunny.

I think it's food
That's who I'm voting tomorrow.
What I like about this, is that damo brings my wandering mind back to VA. All of you have done SOMETHING scummy. All of you have 'felt' scummy. My scum!alarm (TM) has gone off nearly every day for something.

But VA is a good solid place to put my hat. (It too COULD be faked and purposeful... but I keep reminding myself that usually the GT after the game is evidence that none of us are as clever as others suspect us of being.)

I think it is Food.
Then Will
Then frog/chaqa/bunny
then damo
Then Patrick Mahomes

Frogsterking

#4035 Post by Frogsterking » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:02 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Frogsterking wrote:
dargorygel wrote:
@frog

You're hilarious.
One thing this back and forth drew to my attention to is that foodcoats seems frozen though

Frogsterking

#4036 Post by Frogsterking » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:06 pm

Bozo is patrick mahomes I'm guessing

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4037 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:10 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:02 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Frogsterking wrote:

You're hilarious.
Interesting. Might be a good observation.
One thing this back and forth drew to my attention to is that foodcoats seems frozen though

bozotheclown

#4038 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:16 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:22 pm
Wow, I thought Will's play last game was good and I'm liking it this game too.

Just a Will Named Town.
I think this has to be pocketing, and I don't see Just deciding to bus sweetandcool after this if it is not.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4039 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:16 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:10 pm
Frogsterking wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:02 pm
dargorygel wrote:

You're hilarious.
Interesting... Might be a good observation

damo666

#4040 Post by damo666 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:18 pm

I think food is resigned to his fate. Doesn't necessarily mean he's scum though.