Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

#1321 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:51 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:22 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:12 pm
Perhaps bozo has really changed a lot since I played Mafia more frequently. I find his approach quite off. Making the entire playerbase a scumread list was odd.
Where / when did he do this?

Can you quote the post?
Page 55
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1322 Post by dargorygel » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:52 pm

Hi all... good to see some of you.

I am still in real life busy mode, but will be reading and making wise comments later.

Hopefully, ideally, realistically by EoN.

BunnyGo

#1323 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:53 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:52 pm

I am still in real life busy mode, but will be reading and making wise comments later.

Welcome dargthrob!

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

brainbomb

#1324 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:53 pm

So I of course am back at work today instead of spending time with baby at the hospital. I am off all next week to focus on being by his side. I have a ton of meetings today so I dont have alot to add. Not really sure who my top scumread is right now. I have alot of scenarios playing out in my mind and I think that when town kills mafia day 1 it tends to be a net negative for town. Usually it causes alot of the good work that was done to establish townreads with reasoning to get thrown out the window entirely and town tends to turn the game on its head looking for bussers, or not looking enough for bussers.

If I should be killed this evening that would be a shame because I am actually enjoying this game. I have a feeling that even though I am suspected that perhaps I am a good kill candidate regardless.

Normally I do cherish dying because I am not built for long term games. I tend to front load my efforts in hopes that I do enough work that I earn the right to die. Ive been watching the show traitors alot and I keep complaining to my wife how it isnt true mafia because winning as town is a shared win, and mafia winning together is a great feeling. they bring on all these half baked reality stars who know how to backstab one another and it just makes me sad because it isnt how you build a town. and ironically it also isnt how you build a cohesive mafia either.
I think about the worst scumteams ive ever been on were ones where it was me-ghug-jamie and on paper that sounds really fun and wild. It was just a massacre. lol.

So, on occasion when im between meetings today ill maybe reread ghug and Jamie just to make sure I feel firm that they arent the bad guys here. I would hope that after 60 games with them id have some clue as to how to tell the difference.

Im also considering that Will seems very nervous and really over-eager to see what my conclusions are. I still am pondering if he is nervous that id find his teammate or just anxious to see if I move on from him. Either way the energy feels quite magnetic here.

brainbomb

#1325 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:56 pm

Also I would like suggestions for what to name my new three-hole punch. It seems like it needs a name.

BunnyGo

#1326 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:59 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:56 pm
Also I would like suggestions for what to name my new three-hole punch. It seems like it needs a name.
Triforce?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1327 Post by dargorygel » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:04 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Robin (because he was always exclaiming, "holy this or that, batman.")

Jamiet99uk

#1328 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:27 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:51 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:22 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:12 pm
Perhaps bozo has really changed a lot since I played Mafia more frequently. I find his approach quite off. Making the entire playerbase a scumread list was odd.
Where / when did he do this?

Can you quote the post?
Page 55
Ah right sorry I was only looking at his D1.

Here it was:
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:35 pm
Here are the players I suspect:

brainbomb: Tried to protect sweetandcool, and moved off of foodcoats as soon as I put foodcoats in the lead, so possibly bussing foodcoats.

Bozotheclown: Everybody is scum, everybody is scum, everybody is scum, ##ERROR501 BAD READLIST ERROR##

BunnyGo: Willing to vote for any alternative to his own wagon, moved to sweetandcool at a time he would get credit for bussing, sweetandcool could have been bussing him all D1, and sweetandcool did not PR claim with BunnyGo as the counter wagon.

Chaqa: Tried to protect sweetandcool, said he would not vote for sweetandcool, then voted for sweetandcool while he could still get some bussing credit.

damo: Voting for BunnyGo for not changing his vote when sweetandcool also had not changed his vote and had been voting longer could indicate a fabricated reason for the BunnyGo vote, then when sweetandcool brought it up as possible distancing, damo voted for sweetandcool, then returned to vote for sweetandcool at a time that would maximize bussing credit.

foodcoats: Tried to protect sweetandcool, more obviously than scum would normally do to protect teammates, but that's what makes it a good scum play.

Frogsterking: Returned in time to possibly hard bus sweetandcool for vague reasons.

ghug: Possibly bussed sweetandcool early with the factually incorrect claim that he was 2 for 2 at identifying sweetandcool as mafia, moved his vote around to keep the wagons close to possibly copy his town play, then returned to sweetandcool when the vote was decided.

Hamilton: Low level defense of sweetandcool as EOD.

heart: He always votes as town.

Jamie: Hard to believe he did not understand my comment on Vecna.

Just: Possibly decided to bus sweetandcool early this time.

Vecna: Returned in time to vote for sweetandcool at a time that would maximize bussing credit.
@Bozo: This read list is silly. Why did you create it? Who are your actual scumreads, please?
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Jamiet99uk

#1329 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:30 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:49 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:02 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:36 pm

He voted the other viable wagon until literally the last second. That’s not bussing.
Ghug also voted Sweet for an extended period earlier in the day and talked about Sweet quite a lot.

He even addressed, in some detail, previous occasions where he had bussed Sweet.
Until it mattered and he announced he’d vote anyone but sweet and chaqa.
That is not what he said.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1330 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:31 pm

AS I get back in to this for a short time this morning, I'm wondering what made Bunny, damo, ghug, vecna, and chaqa make that shift at the EOD.

Bunny self-preserving kind of makes sense if I am reading it correctly and it was to make it 3-3 at that point.

So why the rest?

Jamiet99uk

#1331 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:31 pm

dargorygel wrote:

Hello Darg.

Your predecessor leaving us was a bit odd, with the sub announcement coming just a few hours after he posted a bunch and said he was catching up.

I look forward to your viewpoints.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1332 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:37 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:47 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:38 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:06 pm

There are some branches of Chipotle in the UK now.

There was one near my hotel in London last week. But I went for pasta instead.
Chipotle is good. Basically all US based fast food tastes good. Try it sometime! You’ll be happy.
I'm not sure about that.

Chuck E. Cheese's looks pretty crappy.
Thats entertainment first tho, so its an exception.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1333 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:38 pm

dargorygel wrote:

A wild darg appears!

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1334 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:38 pm

Wasn't there someone that used to duck out of games and get a sub when they drew scum?

JustAGuyNamedWill

#1335 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:40 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:53 pm
So I of course am back at work today instead of spending time with baby at the hospital. I am off all next week to focus on being by his side. I have a ton of meetings today so I dont have alot to add. Not really sure who my top scumread is right now. I have alot of scenarios playing out in my mind and I think that when town kills mafia day 1 it tends to be a net negative for town. Usually it causes alot of the good work that was done to establish townreads with reasoning to get thrown out the window entirely and town tends to turn the game on its head looking for bussers, or not looking enough for bussers.

If I should be killed this evening that would be a shame because I am actually enjoying this game. I have a feeling that even though I am suspected that perhaps I am a good kill candidate regardless.

Normally I do cherish dying because I am not built for long term games. I tend to front load my efforts in hopes that I do enough work that I earn the right to die. Ive been watching the show traitors alot and I keep complaining to my wife how it isnt true mafia because winning as town is a shared win, and mafia winning together is a great feeling. they bring on all these half baked reality stars who know how to backstab one another and it just makes me sad because it isnt how you build a town. and ironically it also isnt how you build a cohesive mafia either.
I think about the worst scumteams ive ever been on were ones where it was me-ghug-jamie and on paper that sounds really fun and wild. It was just a massacre. lol.

So, on occasion when im between meetings today ill maybe reread ghug and Jamie just to make sure I feel firm that they arent the bad guys here. I would hope that after 60 games with them id have some clue as to how to tell the difference.

Im also considering that Will seems very nervous and really over-eager to see what my conclusions are. I still am pondering if he is nervous that id find his teammate or just anxious to see if I move on from him. Either way the energy feels quite magnetic here.
No worries! Work comes first. Although you are wrong about me…

BunnyGo

#1336 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:41 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:30 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:49 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:02 pm

Ghug also voted Sweet for an extended period earlier in the day and talked about Sweet quite a lot.

He even addressed, in some detail, previous occasions where he had bussed Sweet.
Until it mattered and he announced he’d vote anyone but sweet and chaqa.
That is not what he said.
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:54 pm
I'm good with any of these wagons other than Chaqa. Sweet is probably my next least favorite at this point. I townread Bozo, brain, and Chaqa.

The primary motivation of my food vote was to see what would happen. The reads list pinged me a little but it was definitely not my strongest scumread at that point. The reaction, though, is really irking me.

Jamiet99uk

#1337 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:41 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:53 pm
If you are ever my scum-mate again, please don't do the thing where you post content from the Mafia Chat into the game thread and we lose the game.

That was definitely one of your more chaotic moments.

I hope junior brain is doing well and will be able to come home with you soon.

Vecna

#1338 Post by Vecna » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:41 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:41 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:37 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:39 am

Well, I was not around for the final 3-4 hours, but...

1. Happy that we got scum.
2. Mildly surprised as I was not specifically scumkreading S&C and I'll need to go back and understand why his wagon took the lead.
3. Keen for Bozo to stop ignoring me.
4. I still townread Brain and Chaqa
5. I still have suspicions about Frogster.
This post of jamiet reads quite sincere.

Compared to hambone's "im surprised this flipped scum, where did it come from" it reads more genuine as it fits better with jamiet's trajectory this game.

no admitting of missing the bozo joke. just continued suspicion. scum jamiet might be much more intune with that being a bad look, he doesnt seem to gaf.

sticking to a chaqa & brainbomb townread despite it being odd after that EoD.

bringing up suspicions about a slot that looks really towny after that EoD.

Could always be a ballsy scumplay, but this does not appear to want to adhere to any common threads of public thought. Not scared to look bad.
Ouch.

In other words you think I'm town because I'm stupid and bad?

Well at least I'm town.
contrarian or not in-line with the most common denominator opinion does not always equal bad or stupid.

Im pretty sure I did not imply either of those things.

Jamiet99uk

#1339 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:42 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Claude Stanley MacGuyver III

Vecna

#1340 Post by Vecna » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:41 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:37 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:39 am

Well, I was not around for the final 3-4 hours, but...

1. Happy that we got scum.
2. Mildly surprised as I was not specifically scumkreading S&C and I'll need to go back and understand why his wagon took the lead.
3. Keen for Bozo to stop ignoring me.
4. I still townread Brain and Chaqa
5. I still have suspicions about Frogster.
This post of jamiet reads quite sincere.

Compared to hambone's "im surprised this flipped scum, where did it come from" it reads more genuine as it fits better with jamiet's trajectory this game.

no admitting of missing the bozo joke. just continued suspicion. scum jamiet might be much more intune with that being a bad look, he doesnt seem to gaf.

sticking to a chaqa & brainbomb townread despite it being odd after that EoD.

bringing up suspicions about a slot that looks really towny after that EoD.

Could always be a ballsy scumplay, but this does not appear to want to adhere to any common threads of public thought. Not scared to look bad.
Ouch.

In other words you think I'm town because I'm stupid and bad?

Well at least I'm town.
also note I did not say town. I said it makes you look slightly better.