Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
foodcoats

Re: Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

#741 Post by foodcoats » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:17 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:05 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:00 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:46 pm

The will posts are literally large jumbled posts made up of jokes.

The vecna read was literally about a she while i was yet to post.

trap card sprung much?
Can you clarify what you mean here? Who was trapping who and what is the meaning of it in your opinion?
I thought you were trapping chaqa asking him about some obvious joke posts. And chaqa responding with a serious scumread while there was none to be gained from it.

Now im wondering if I actually read the rest of the readslist, or just did the egomanical thing and only read the readsection with my name 8-)
Unfortunately I’m not that smart. I just wanted Chaqa to commit to words instead of posting a meme.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#742 Post by ghug » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:19 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:18 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:43 am
Frogsterking wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:20 am

I could see there being 2 scum talking, here.
I was just thinking the same thing about you and Bozo.

A word of advice: I think you should look more for town and less for scum.
Do you think Frogsterking and me could both be mafia based on our interaction, or do you have reason to suspect us both separately?
The conversation felt like it could be between scum partners, but the post was intended to demonstrate that that's not a good way to scumhunt. I don't particularly suspect either of you.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#743 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:19 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:17 pm
Vecna wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

Can you clarify what you mean here? Who was trapping who and what is the meaning of it in your opinion?
I thought you were trapping chaqa asking him about some obvious joke posts. And chaqa responding with a serious scumread while there was none to be gained from it.

Now im wondering if I actually read the rest of the readslist, or just did the egomanical thing and only read the readsection with my name 8-)
Unfortunately I’m not that smart. I just wanted Chaqa to commit to words instead of posting a meme.
Food, you know those two posts were made within an hour 45, right? Of course they’re going to be the same

brainbomb

#744 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:19 pm

Back in the NICU just hanging with baby Daniel by his side.

I see a rather large consensus of people scumreading me including food, bunny, justaguy, and potentially Vecna.

Ive also seen some folks I think are obv town who do not seem to have me listed as town such as ghug or bozo.

as such I can conclude that I have a chance to die today. I am quite certain that I have accurately pinged at least a mafia or two.

My top scumreads are
Foodcoats
bunnygo
Justaguynamedwill
Chaqa

And then I am no longer sure of Hamilton as he just seems to
Be mafia all the time when I play.

Sweet does not strike me as scum nor does frog but ive had them ping me slightly a few times. Probably would not vote for sweet but id maybe consider frog.

town im still solidly
Ghug
jamie
Bozo

vecna has seemed mostly authentic in his catch ups

i also still think Heart is town. Thats probably the read people want the most detail about but its really gut at this point

Damo is null for me.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#745 Post by ghug » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:21 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:49 pm
In reviewing the isos I certainly have too many scumleans but I also feel quite good about a number of players in reviewing them.

bozotheclown - I like bozo's cutdown of Will and ghug's "sweet is scum because one time he was" argument, and I like his questioning of Frog's thinking as well. I am leaning town on bozo.

brainbomb - My read of brain will be somewhat tainted by his scumread of me, so I will actually focus on his case against me because I'd rather not die. His initial vote for me is justified by an opener that discusses irrelevancies, even though I did also make some actual game relevant comments and it was the start of D1, which is clearly a time for joking and socializing - the game starts in evening time for me, and by the next morning I was playing properly, which is mostly how I play every time. Overall throughout this time brainbomb has a lot more to say about scum!Bunny than scum!food but maintains his vote on me. He also has a lot to say about scum!Chaqa. He really has nothing to say about why I am scum. This makes me wonder about the space where someone has a lot of thoughts about two players maybe being scum, but on the basis that another player made jokes in the first 4 hours, that person is the scummiest. He then goes on to vote Will because Will is confident but brain doesn't like his posts. So at this point the players that brain is voting for are the players he has the least to say about. Why is brain analyzing Bunny and Chaqa so much and finding reasons they might be scum but voting for Will and I instead? This does not seem to be a townie mindset. It is possible brain is trying to generate reactions but it's an inconsistent way to play. He justifies his votes to Will that Will and I are "doing random stuff" and "seem way different than I remember" and yet he doesn't ever actually explain this (other than copy-pasting links to my scum games).

BunnyGo - In re-reading it's very hard to decide where Bunny is at. Overall I think I really dislike the approach here - not the frame story about the GT, but the level of stream-of-consciousness. It's very hard for me to parse what Bunny is actually thinking. Overall it actually obfuscates the thread and his thinking, even though he intersperses the stream of thoughts with reads-lists. Bunny is basically actively detracting from the game by overstuffing it with thoughts that don't lead anywhere. Scumlean.

Chaqa - Chaqa basically fits into brainbomb's scum category of posting things irrelevant to the game. Most of Chaqa's iso discusses his meta, argues about the WebDip Mafia meta, and talks about personal life. Chaqa appears quite active but contributes very little. Scumlean.

damo666 - Would still hammer kill for this level of lurking. Given the percentages, it's really awful to have even one person doing this level of inactive play. But I mean basically this slot is null as I know damo will play this way as town. (Sigh.)

Frogsterking - We might give him the nickname Frogcrates. Frog basically only asks questions. He finally says he is certain Chaqa is scum but he hadn't explained this before he made the claim, although he then says this is because Chaqa did not want to contribute five substantive reads. He does make some substantive reads later. I mean... perhaps Frog's incessant questions will come in handy for the future. I'll give him that. It is definitely a more pro-town approach than Chaqa, say. But I'll make him null for now since his activity could easily be done by scum as well, since he largely makes only associative reads (e.g. brainbomb cannot be scum with Chaqa). But... I should probably give him the benefit of the doubt for acting in a pro-town way. Let's make him a light townlean.

ghug - I had gotten a bad vibe from ghug early as he is mostly focused on correcting formalisms, but in re-reading, I actually like how he goes about the game and find that he does draw conclusions at good times and has the right balance of questioning and concluding as well as gaps in his perspective. I think he is town.

Hamilton Brian - Posted some confusing things and a lot of nothingness. Could be scum. Could have maybe signed up for a game he doesn't really have time for. I mean it feels more scummy to me though.

heartthrob24909 - There's not much from heart but what is here does feel largely genuine. I don't sense any manipulation. Not that he can't be lurking scum. We'll make it null for now... although... it is a nullish town I guess. I wouldn't vote for Heart today.

Jamiet99uk - I am not quite certain how to read Jamie as I feel like he used to be much more argumentative, and so seeing him play much more levelly at this time reminds me of last game where he was scum. He makes some reads I guess? Null.

JustAGuyNamedWill - I very much like the way that Will is playing. Last game I really misunderstood him. Obviously there's the question as to whether the difference is that he was town last time and didn't care about weird mistakes, and now he is being much more active because he's scum. But I like the way he's countered some arguments and I think it would not be fair to assume people don't get better at playing the game, and therefore I am going to lean town on Will. I don't like his logic about sweet... but since that is largely the one thing I find wrong, and I voted for him incorrectly last time over one single thing, maybe this is indeed the place where I could go wrong about him, but this time I won't. Will Town.

sweetandcool - I'm in a very similar situation with sweet as I am with Will. Town lean.

Vecna - Not enough material here yet. I thought Vecna was anchor posting but they have since returned and made more posts, so for now, null.
I think food is scum.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#746 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:22 pm

@brain How am I acting differently than last game? If you could answer that, it would clear up a lot of questions I have about your read of me.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#747 Post by ghug » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:23 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:20 pm
Sorry I've been gone for a while, had an uncharacteristically busy day yesterday. Managed to mostly keep on top of reading but wasn't able to react at all. I am going to spend my morning tea time looking over the game and coming up with some salient posts.

A quick unrefined reaction:

The scumreading of me came out of nowhere and is stupid and bizarre.

ghug has decided he knows my scumvibe after essentially one D1 success. Will is deluding himself yet again that his usual sheeping worked out, rather than any real success at reading me. brainbomb is scum reading me because I wasn't previously scumread this game, which he was right was uncharacteristic.

I wasn't using my normal technique this game, but it looks like there is a decent chance one of the three is Mafia and has decided I'm a soft target for D1 and targeted me randomly.
Why was that reaction impossible yesterday when you were reading?

brainbomb

#748 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:24 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:22 pm
@brain How am I acting differently than last game? If you could answer that, it would clear up a lot of questions I have about your read of me.
Your posts were just alot more focused on things happening in the game. and here its like youve got this extra filter of everything is funny and everything is a big amusement.

i just dont remember that being your identity last game or ever. this seemed more like Justaguy rolled up with a good scumteam and was excited to have a fun perspective on the game.

Vecna

#749 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:25 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Vecna wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

At any rate, the post can hardly be considered a serious post, its all full of meme'y material. enough for scumreading someone over? eh

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#750 Post by ghug » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:26 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:48 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:02 pm
I cannot comprehend why we are even talking about this.

This whole stupid fucking tangent is because brain somehow thinks TWELVE IS EQUAL TO OR SIMILAR TO TWENTY FIVE
this is literally what bunny predicted ghug would do

I mean, ive said it before, bosox, chaqa and ghug are basically the same person.
Well I thought I respected you, but that may have just been because we hadn't talked in a while.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#751 Post by ghug » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:27 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:09 pm
Vecna wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:48 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:02 pm
I cannot comprehend why we are even talking about this.

This whole stupid fucking tangent is because brain somehow thinks TWELVE IS EQUAL TO OR SIMILAR TO TWENTY FIVE
this is literally what bunny predicted ghug would do

I mean, ive said it before, bosox, chaqa and ghug are basically the same person.
Software engineers
Bo was so bad at it, I'd expect him to have flamed out by now.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#752 Post by ghug » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:29 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:15 pm
Vecna wrote:
that vote feels so strange ghug. what made you suddenly change your mind?
Lol we had the same conclusion
Kind of perturbed that you both took it seriously.

Vecna

#753 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:30 pm

also, i dont actually think youre scum at all brainbomb.

I think will is town

I think foodcoats is town.

I think bozo is probably town.

I think the 2 new guys are probably town.

I think bunny is probably town

I think scum is in [chaqa, jamiet, damo, HB] - sweet is still hard to read for me

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#754 Post by ghug » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:31 pm

##VOTE food seems fun.

Vecna

#755 Post by Vecna » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:31 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:29 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Vecna wrote:
eh, it can be seen in a bit of a different light if youre still catching up.

Youre not one to repeat jokes, and it just came off a bit iffy.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#756 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:29 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Vecna wrote:
I didn’t realize it was a joke.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#757 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:34 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:24 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:22 pm
Your posts were just alot more focused on things happening in the game. and here its like youve got this extra filter of everything is funny and everything is a big amusement.

i just dont remember that being your identity last game or ever. this seemed more like Justaguy rolled up with a good scumteam and was excited to have a fun perspective on the game.
I mean, I guess this makes sense from a outside perspective, but it makes a lot of hasty generalizations and assumptions, that I can’t really take this seriously.

I like funny.

foodcoats

#758 Post by foodcoats » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:37 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:19 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Vecna wrote:

Food, you know those two posts were made within an hour 45, right? Of course they’re going to be the same
Right, but Chaqa clarified he is slightly scumreading you for it.

brainbomb

#759 Post by brainbomb » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:39 pm

I also have barely ever talked about you will.

Last game went sideways and you ended up in the crosshairs over bozo activity status and you were never on my radar last game. You were a null wallflower to me

JustAGuyNamedWill

#760 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:39 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:37 pm
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:19 pm
foodcoats wrote:

Right, but Chaqa clarified he is slightly scumreading you for it.
Ouch!