M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

#3421 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:13 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:28 am
Where I am sitting right now, and like brain said earlier, hate a read of mine, wait five minutes.

So, these are gut reads in the order of post volume.

Brain: agitating, erratic, but then some subtle notes contained within like the idea of aaro and S&C NOT being scum together. I think a decent observation about how mafia would sit back while the rest of us deliberate the pros cons of mech. Essentially throwing nets out to see what's caught. Townlean.

Ghug: many posts and engaging with a few players, but nothing that jumps out to me that screams town. My heart always wants to townlean ghug but this is a very ambivalent feel right now.

Sweet and Cool: heavily invested in the mechs. I think history suggests, sometimes, mafia when that is the case. Offers feels but without much substance. Push push push.

Aaro: lots of early energy on the mechs; hits out at brainbomb for the "boredome" and poking of players. Am I interpreting some defensiveness about their thinking on the mechs? I don't think mafia would "play" this badly and overtly, but it's not a townlean.

Worcej: again, getting embroiled in the mech stuff and then kind of drifts off. I think worcej is at their strongest when they elaborate and/or press other players. I thought I saw it last night but in a reread I am less secure in it. I'd townlean worcej based on pro-claiming but it'd be stronger when I see the confident play. I'll townlean for now.

Jamie: Had a time with Jasmine which interrupted mafia attention. I am still smarting from the inattention. I like what they've done after getting in here today, but there's a lower energy that what I feel like I am used to seeing. Many interactions with brain, ghug, and ezio. Not sure it's bringing light to anything. I'd call them a null read at this point.

Ezio: I think this is my second game with Ezio so there's not a lot to go on. Pro-claiming so some towncred in that regard. Interactions seem amiable. Another null as nothing really jumps out at me.

Chaqa: the mememaster, which is hurting my head. I wouldn't mafialean them because mafia wouldn't be so overt (or would they be). It's like he's asking to be eliminated. That doesn't make sense though given the strength of their play. Townlean just on account of mafia not being that bad?

Kak: They started out well yesterday, taIled off. Bulk of their content was mech. Then comes the disappearing act. Hell, Vienna is beautiful this time of year. Null to mafialean.

Rivera: short on posts, which is de rigeur for rdr. As I read their posts I feel like there's a hesitancy and forced engagement. null to mafialean.

Vecna: Was Vecna the parrot many games ago? I will say I mafialean Vecna here and pay attention to the shading of brain and jamie.

Damo: still hungover? Maybe drop a vote on Damo to put them out of their misery.

Nobody wants to be here and nobody wants to leave.
Did he leave only demon off this list?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3422 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:14 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:17 am
Thanks.

Brian: Vecna, Rivera, Kak (based on the aforementioned list of mine)
Demon: Sweet, Jamie, Vecna
Brain: Brian, Sweet, Vecna (out of whom they're voting Vecna currently)
Would he put three town?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3423 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:22 pm

At one point Hamilton is voting Vecna at the same time Jamie and Ezio are.

Then Jamie moves to Damo.

That still strikes me as a curious move but I don’t imagine Jamie would want to do that if he were scum with Damo?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3424 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:27 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:52 pm
@aaro where have you played mafia before? I've done a cursory look through the bot to see your previous games, but I don't see any on here. Is this your first?

@Brainbomb, your demonRHK case has convinced me! The first few hours of this game feel radically different from the first few hours of the games I remember, and I loved to base my scumreads off of reactions to obvious bb noise. SnC felt scummy before your post, so it doesn't count as convincing me.

At the moment I think Ghug, Kak, and Aaro are probably town.
If demon is mafia ezio would have picked all three town partners of mafia here. Wild

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3425 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:40 pm

Demon not mentioning Damo until his vote for him is odd

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3426 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:02 pm

Trying to channel brainbomb a little here

I still feel good about Jamie
Feeling a lot better on Ezio
Side eying demon
Idk about rivera he’s an enigma

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3427 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:46 pm

Ezio this is three times now I’ve caught you lurking but not posting.

It’s suspicious as fuck

Ezio

#3428 Post by Ezio » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:22 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:46 pm

It’s suspicious as fuck
I do it a lot. I generally prefer reading to posting.

You'll notice people have been calling me out for it the entire game lol.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3429 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:22 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:22 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:46 pm

It’s suspicious as fuck
I do it a lot. I generally prefer reading to posting.

You'll notice people have been calling me out for it the entire game lol.
It would be nice to hear some of the thoughts you’re developing from the reading

Ezio

#3430 Post by Ezio » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:34 pm

I remain convinced Chaqa is the final scum. His opportunistic push on me looks incredibly disingenuous and contrary to his stated gameplay as town. I think there is absolutely no way that his read on me would flip so strongly as so suddenly if he was town.
I think Chaqa saw it as an opportunity to remove someone who was scumreading him, and thought he might be able to force another miskill.

I don't think this play is ever compatible with town play.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3431 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:51 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:34 pm
I remain convinced Chaqa is the final scum. His opportunistic push on me looks incredibly disingenuous and contrary to his stated gameplay as town. I think there is absolutely no way that his read on me would flip so strongly as so suddenly if he was town.
I think Chaqa saw it as an opportunity to remove someone who was scumreading him, and thought he might be able to force another miskill.

TrumpWrong.gif

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3432 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:55 pm

I was towning you but like I absolutely cannot allow both of us to be in final three if you’re going to insist on this.

##vote ezio
##end

What I am thinking here is that the only way town wins if we’re both town is if we kill one of us.

I think it should be you obviously but that’s subjective of course

Ezio

#3433 Post by Ezio » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:56 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:51 pm
Ezio wrote:

TrumpWrong.gif
Who else is more likely to be scum than you? If you're seriously town, try to convince me that RD or Demon or Jamiet are actually scummier than you and more deserving of my vote lol.

Saying "lol I'm town" isn't going to convince me to vote anywhere else.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3434 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:57 pm

Like I already explained the whole thing was mostly a reaction test and you’re just choosing to keep barreling ahead in your tunnel

Ezio

#3435 Post by Ezio » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:57 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:55 pm
I was towning you but like I absolutely cannot allow both of us to be in final three if you’re going to insist on this.

##vote ezio
##end

What I am thinking here is that the only way town wins if we’re both town is if we kill one of us.

looks like we crossposted lol. Make a case dumbass. Don't vote your townread because he's currently scumreading you.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3436 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:58 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:56 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:51 pm
Ezio wrote:

TrumpWrong.gif
Who else is more likely to be scum than you? If you're seriously town, try to convince me that RD or Demon or Jamiet are actually scummier than you and more deserving of my vote lol.

Saying "lol I'm town" isn't going to convince me to vote anywhere else.
I don’t need to convince you. You crossed the rubicon and now one of us needs to die today.

Ezio

#3437 Post by Ezio » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:58 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:57 pm
Like I already explained the whole thing was mostly a reaction test and you’re just choosing to keep barreling ahead in your tunnel
I don't buy that it was a "reaction test". I think you made a shitty vote, got nailed for it, and you are trying to retract and backpedal.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3438 Post by Chaqa » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:59 pm

Ezio wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

##vote ezio
##end

looks like we crossposted lol. Make a case dumbass. Don't vote your townread because he's currently scumreading you.
You aren’t just scum reading me. You have unequivocally said you believe I must be scum. There is no reconciliation there.

All of my posts before that have been my gradual reworking of the game but just ignore that and call me a dumbass i guess

Getting some serious flashbacks to when Flum came at me calling me stupid as scum

Ezio

#3439 Post by Ezio » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:06 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:59 pm
Ezio wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

##vote ezio
##end

You aren’t just scum reading me. You have unequivocally said you believe I must be scum. There is no reconciliation there.

All of my posts before that have been my gradual reworking of the game but just ignore that and call me a dumbass i guess

Getting some serious flashbacks to when Flum came at me calling me stupid as scum
Chaqa let's play this out. Do you think there is any world where you survive at F3?
Scum will obviously not NK you, and then at F3 will simply convince the other person to vote you.

If you are town, and we miskill a town here (which you currently acknowledge you are most likely doing), you will have lost the game.

Instead of working with the person you townread to attempt to identify and locate the final scum, you are choosing to vote out your own townread.

Ezio

#3440 Post by Ezio » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:11 pm

Like,
@Rd
@Jamiet
Even with Chaqas own logic, about being terrified he's going to be miskilled at f3, he insists on pushing his townreads.

Shouldn't it be exactly the opposite? If he was so worried about being miskilled later, he should be *more* encouraged to find the final scum *now*.

I think it's super suspect that he's *so* confident he can't find the last scum and get them voted out, so I will def be alive in F3 to be able to focus on him and force a "miskill" on him.