M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Ezio

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [GAME THREAD]

#3261 Post by Ezio » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:02 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:47 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:14 pm
I've been thinking. I'm turning a little into brain here, so bear with me.

Ezio is a worry. Not because I think he is scummy, but if he is, we will have trouble nailing him before KILO.

And here is why I worry.

Why didn't damo try dieinformation N3? Is it because his teammate was the only one in the Seance?
<boom>
Did you see the next post RHK made where he remembered that I wasn't in the night chat at that point which made the key point that you highlighted irrelevant?

BunnyGo

#3262 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:05 pm

Ezio wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:02 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:14 pm
I've been thinking. I'm turning a little into brain here, so bear with me.

Ezio is a worry. Not because I think he is scummy, but if he is, we will have trouble nailing him before KILO.

And here is why I worry.

Why didn't damo try dieinformation N3? Is it because his teammate was the only one in the Seance?
<boom>
Did you see the next post RHK made where he remembered that I wasn't in the night chat at that point which made the key point that you highlighted irrelevant?
YUP

BunnyGo

#3263 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:05 pm

Also I’m a little surprised damo hasn’t just moved on.

Ezio

#3264 Post by Ezio » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:08 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:05 pm
Ezio wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:02 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

<boom>
YUP
Does it make you feel like your above point is therefore irrelevant lol.

Ezio

#3265 Post by Ezio » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:16 pm

idk what ya'll are on guys.

I'm gonna give a general description of my game. D1 was feeling terrible since it was all mech talk, and mech talk of the most useless manner since it wasn't even particularly powerful. No PR's or strategy to talk about, just bad math. I tried to ask questions of people to get the conversation off the mech talk, and I hardclaimed my partner in an attempt to kill the discussion. It mostly worked out. I don't remember having any strong reads here.

D2: Seeing HB flip actually gave me something to look at and think about. I had a large crew of people I was never going to vote that day. I looked at the votes EoD1 and concluded that Damo was my main scum. I talked about this with Vecna and he was 100% onboard with it.
I pushed it as hard as I could, and when the wagon seemed like it would never go anywhere, flipped off. Still following the thread, I saw how many people were also sus of him, and I figured we could actually get him, and so we did, but it took a bit since y'all fucked around too much with ghug and let Damo tie.

D3: We were going after Damo here always and forever. There was nothing to think about.

D4: After seeing damo flip scum, I went pretty deep into his votes and discussion and I thought he was partners with Ghug. I thought it made a ton of sense with Damo's actions. Also he was widely scumread, including being Vecna's main scumread.

D5: Here we are lol.

Something that I think is important to remember is that all of the dead people townread me really hard.

I was townread by ghug, townread by vecna, townread by bb (mostly when he wasn't in his insane bouts of paranoia). Shame they're all dead and can't save y'all from yourselves.

I guess I'm gonna respond to more specific points, and ya'll are just gonna call me defensive and therefore scummy, but idk what else to do.
What's fun is this'll be my first time getting actually miskilled in a big game. Usually I just get vig shot.

Ezio

#3266 Post by Ezio » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:20 pm

Since a bunch of you like math, I'm gonna make a probability argument about me bussing my teammate so hard.

Yes, it is within my range to bus my teammate like that. As a result, we can't reduce the probability of me being scum to 0%. We can say that it's still significantly less likely to come from my scum game than my town game.

Worth noting: I have never survived to the end as scum in any of the main games on Webdip. I am the absolute *worst* deep threat and I understand that. I *always* get hard scumread and eventually caught. If I was to do a bussing scheme with my teammates, I would be the one falling on the sword to clear my teammates, not the other way around.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3267 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:20 pm

For me, it's purely pragmatic. I don't particularly scum read you, but you *could* be scum, whereas I cannot, and if we vote out worcej today, you'll vote for me tomorrow, which is not a good kill.

Ezio

#3268 Post by Ezio » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:22 pm

Obviously the arguments about what I "would" do as scum aren't exactly the best arguments lol, but I did want to make sure y'all saw my history, since RD is using my past scum plays as evidence of what I'd do here.

BunnyGo

#3269 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:23 pm

Ezio wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:20 pm
Since a bunch of you like math, I'm gonna make a probability argument about me bussing my teammate so hard.

Yes, it is within my range to bus my teammate like that. As a result, we can't reduce the probability of me being scum to 0%. We can say that it's still significantly less likely to come from my scum game than my town game.

Worth noting: I have never survived to the end as scum in any of the main games on Webdip. I am the absolute *worst* deep threat and I understand that. I *always* get hard scumread and eventually caught. If I was to do a bussing scheme with my teammates, I would be the one falling on the sword to clear my teammates, not the other way around.
:sick:

Talk to me about cases! Assume I have the memory of a bunny!

Jamiet99uk

#3270 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:26 pm

Chaqa wrote:
For me, it's purely pragmatic. I don't particularly scum read you, but you *could* be scum, whereas I cannot, and if we vote out worcej today, you'll vote for me tomorrow, which is not a good kill.
How do you figure that?
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Ezio

#3271 Post by Ezio » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:26 pm

Chaqa wrote:
This is insane. Just completely and utterly insane dude. If you don't particularly scumread me, convince me of your scumread wtf.

Furthermore, Worcej is your main scumread right? I'm literally voting *him* right now. If he flips town, you have tons of time to figure out who your *next* scumread is.

end voting me when you don't scumread me because you're scared of who I might vote next time has got to be one of the scummiest possible votes you can make.
Especially when your end vote put it to 3/4 necessary to end the phase i'm pretty sure.

##vote Chaqa like wtf?

Ezio

#3272 Post by Ezio » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:28 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:23 pm
Ezio wrote:

Idk man. Here are my cases:
Worcej: He's managed to avoid voting scum so far. Kinda impressive considering everyone else in the game managed to get onto either HB or Damo.

Chaqa: read the post he made defending his vote on me like wtf.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3273 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:31 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:26 pm
Chaqa wrote:
How do you figure that?
Basic logic of his scumreads and his posting.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3274 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:32 pm

Ezio wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
This is insane. Just completely and utterly insane dude. If you don't particularly scumread me, convince me of your scumread wtf.

Furthermore, Worcej is your main scumread right? I'm literally voting *him* right now. If he flips town, you have tons of time to figure out who your *next* scumread is.

end voting me when you don't scumread me because you're scared of who I might vote next time has got to be one of the scummiest possible votes you can make.
Especially when your end vote put it to 3/4 necessary to end the phase i'm pretty sure.

##vote Chaqa like wtf?
you wanted to vote me because the ghosts thought I was scum.

The ghosts are wrong.

So you are also making a scummy vote, IMO.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3275 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:33 pm

Ezio wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:28 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:23 pm
Ezio wrote:

Idk man. Here are my cases:
Worcej: He's managed to avoid voting scum so far. Kinda impressive considering everyone else in the game managed to get onto either HB or Damo.

Chaqa: read the post he made defending his vote on me like wtf.
@Ezio: it is tautologically not scummy if I'm town an doing it.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3276 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:34 pm

Here's how I see this playing out, because it happens.

Today: vote out worcej. If he isn't scum, then we say "oh well!" and move on

Tomorrow: vote out rivera. If he isn't scum, then we say "oh well!" and move on

Final day: "well chaqa is still alive, so it HAS to be him" and we lose

It's happened before

Ezio

#3277 Post by Ezio » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:34 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:32 pm
Ezio wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

##vote Chaqa like wtf?

The ghosts are wrong.

Dude I was voting Worcej until you said you were voting me because you thought I would vote you next. He is ostensibly your *top* scumread right? There's only 1 fucking scum left in the game. If we kill him, there is no NEXT phase for me to miskill you.
like Holy shit. How much more obvious can you get?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3278 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:36 pm

Ezio wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:34 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Ezio wrote:

##vote Chaqa like wtf?

The ghosts are wrong.

Dude I was voting Worcej until you said you were voting me because you thought I would vote you next. He is ostensibly your *top* scumread right? There's only 1 fucking scum left in the game. If we kill him, there is no NEXT phase for me to miskill you.
Only if he turns out to be scum.

Just because I have a scumread doesn't mean I'm right.

This happens every game. i can scumread someone and still entertain the possibility I'm wrong.

Ezio

#3279 Post by Ezio » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:37 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Ezio wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

##vote Chaqa like wtf?

The ghosts are wrong.

It's evidence in favor of your scumminess for sure. Skilled players that are confirmed town should have their reads be taken into account, especially when they have access to up to date information and were able to communicate as recently as this phase.

To reiterate, I literally wasn't voting you when you while you're pissed about me being scummy for voting you.

Ezio

#3280 Post by Ezio » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:38 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:36 pm
Ezio wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:34 pm
Chaqa wrote:

The ghosts are wrong.

Only if he turns out to be scum.

Just because I have a scumread doesn't mean I'm right.

This happens every game. i can scumread someone and still entertain the possibility I'm wrong.
It does when you end up voting someone who *isn't* your scumread that you said you "don't particularly scumread" because you're so certain you're wrong about your scumread.
Also not when there's 1 fucking scum left.