M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
sweetandcool

Re: M80 Game Thread

#4881 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 5:24 am

Dousing, post something.

Brain, I will choose E, because it sounds intriguing.

Dousing

#4882 Post by Dousing » Wed May 24, 2023 5:26 am

Sweet's theory explaining Ghug's innocence is fairly convincing imo but Sweet's overwhelming support of Ghug is kinda weird.

Personally, their staunch defense of Ghug is reading very townie to me. I think Sweet is just really excited about their theory and has all but staked their life to it.

I'm not 100% sold on the idea but (failing to see a convincing counterargument from the anti-ghug wagon) I think I'll hold off on voting Ghug (despite how much I've suspected them in previous days)

##vote bunnygo

(They've been neutral *at best* and I think they'll be a question mark unless we flip them)

sweetandcool

#4883 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 5:28 am

I'm noticing a couple of typos in my post. Oh well, they don't seem significant. It was all typed on my phone :P

Dousing

#4884 Post by Dousing » Wed May 24, 2023 5:29 am

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:26 am
Sweet's theory explaining Ghug's innocence is fairly convincing imo but Sweet's overwhelming support of Ghug is kinda weird.

Personally, their staunch defense of Ghug is reading very townie to me. I think Sweet is just really excited about their theory and has all but staked their life to it.

I'm not 100% sold on the idea but (failing to see a convincing counterargument from the anti-ghug wagon) I think I'll hold off on voting Ghug (despite how much I've suspected them in previous days)

##vote bunnygo

(They've been neutral *at best* and I think they'll be a question mark unless we flip them)
By weird I just mean that Sweet's putting a lot of effort to defend someone that isn't himself.

His commitment to his idea still reads townie to me though

sweetandcool

#4885 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 5:29 am

Dousing wrote:

##vote bunnygo

You give a reason for BunnyGo, but could you justify it more? Like, I have no feeling for why you would vote BunnyGo over anybody else.

The crowd chants: Read list, read list, read list!

sweetandcool

#4886 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 5:30 am

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:29 am
Dousing wrote:

##vote bunnygo

By weird I just mean that Sweet's putting a lot of effort to defend someone that isn't himself.

Ouch, am I that egocentric? I suppose in Mafia game so far I generally have been.

Dousing

#4887 Post by Dousing » Wed May 24, 2023 5:30 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:28 am
I'm noticing a couple of typos in my post. Oh well, they don't seem significant. It was all typed on my phone :P
Yeah sometimes I really wish we could edit posts (we shouldn't obv, but it'd still be nice).

Dousing

#4888 Post by Dousing » Wed May 24, 2023 5:38 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:30 am
Dousing wrote:
Dousing wrote:

##vote bunnygo

Ouch, am I that egocentric? I suppose in Mafia game so far I generally have been.
Not really?...

I just find that you put a LOT of effort into analyzing the game (This is a compliment :P)

I tend to notice a lot of "flip-flopping" in between your posts (for example: you going from anti-Ghug to pro-Ghug-in-fact-I'd-give-my-kidneys-to-Ghug-if-he-really-wanted-them in the span of 1-2 posts). Certianly, that *could* just be you playing opportunistically/wanting to swoop down and save your mafia buddy/pocket someone by saving them from death.

However, I think (at least when I read your posts) you just do the majority of your thinking in the background whereas you can chart the logical progression of most other players using their forum posts.

Essentially, your sudden change of heart on Ghug and staunch defense of him doesn't read as scummy to me even if I could see myself scumreading someone else for the doing the exact same thing

Dousing

#4889 Post by Dousing » Wed May 24, 2023 5:48 am

As for a readlist I'll give you my best shot:

Townclears:
Haze
Worcej
damo
(someone else if we ever find the 4th PR)

Leans-Pirate
Brain
Sweet
-------
Oh dear lord I have no clue
Kak/Ghug/Jamie
--------
Leans-Royalist
Rdr/Bunny

100% a Royalist
Chaqa

sweetandcool

#4890 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 5:48 am

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:38 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:30 am
Dousing wrote:

Not really?...

I just find that you put a LOT of effort into analyzing the game (This is a compliment :P)

I tend to notice a lot of "flip-flopping" in between your posts (for example: you going from anti-Ghug to pro-Ghug-in-fact-I'd-give-my-kidneys-to-Ghug-if-he-really-wanted-them in the span of 1-2 posts). Certianly, that *could* just be you playing opportunistically/wanting to swoop down and save your mafia buddy/pocket someone by saving them from death.

However, I think (at least when I read your posts) you just do the majority of your thinking in the background whereas you can chart the logical progression of most other players using their forum posts.

Essentially, your sudden change of heart on Ghug and staunch defense of him doesn't read as scummy to me even if I could see myself scumreading someone else for the doing the exact same thing
Ah, I see.

Ghug nailed it earlier: I gave ghug a chance by forcing myself to pretend ghug was innocent. Once I examined things, it not only seemed possible ghug was innocent, but actually almost impossible that ghug was Mafia.

And since I concluded ghug was absolutely not Mafia, then ghug was deserving of a staunch defense. I'm still struggling to see how people don't think my defense is enough.

I guess the main tripping point is that they view N1 as terrible Mafia play. ghug being RB explains the perceived terrible play, and it's such a great coincidence that ghug must be Mafia.

I think it's a false dichotomy. I think there is more than the two options (ghug is Mafia or Mafia played N1 terribly).

I think the results make it SEEM like Mafia played N1 poorly, but worcej could have just as easily scanned a VT. In fact, it was more probable than not that worcej's scan town clears rather than scum-finds.

I think Mafia could have played without targeting worcej N1 at all. And while some may never consider doing that, I think it's absurd to claim that it was definitively poor play.

sweetandcool

#4891 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 5:50 am

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:48 am

Townclears:
Haze
Worcej
damo

Leans-Pirate
Brain
Sweet
-------
Kak/Ghug/Jamie
--------
Leans-Royalist
Rdr/Bunny

100% a Royalist
Chaqa
This list makes no sense. Eden is the 4th PR and dead.

If ghug is 100% royalist then my arguments mean nothing to you and you should be voting ghug.

Dousing

#4892 Post by Dousing » Wed May 24, 2023 5:52 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:38 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:05 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:51 am

The point is: could we have a real day? You weren't my top scumread, that's for sure and I still think you have a chance to be town but you will be a wagon every day unless we catch two scum and win. Do you want to be around at end game? I won't on your place. I respect you won't just give up but yo

This said, I have been lazy, that's true and I won't deny, I didn't gave much thought about the mechanics because there is so many combinations of actions that I didn't want to go down this rabbit hole.

Talking about rabbit, I still think Bunny have a good chance to flip scum. More then Kak. I have been scum with Kak not many time ago and I don't see the same scum behavior.
damo666 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 2:30 pm
I think ghug just has to go. It may just be an unfortunate coincidence that Haze RBd ghug N1 and Mafia didn't jail worcej but ....

As far as I know it was only ghug who sussed Haze as Capt N2 and X visits Haze N2. Another coincidence?

Too much.

Ghug cannot be Agent as e would have probably taken Haze out so he must be Enforcer. But then why did the Agent not bomb Haze? Because ghug would be sole surviving scum with a link to the dead Captain so they couldn't afford to do it.

##vote ghug
if ghug can only be the enforcer, and we don't know for sure he is, we don't NEED to get him today. As stated I doubt ghug is mafia here, I mean sure, the possibility is here, but from what I've seen I still see ghug as vanilla town that tried to be useful to a PR

but yeah, as said, we should probably not forget this possibility, but try to get the other mafia, the one with a bomb! From the cases made against me, jamie presented mostly the negatives and bunny had, as far as I've seen, tried to twist a thing that he didn't quote; these two things made me suspicious. I could see tunneling townJamie just refering what is in his eyes evidence for me being mafia, but the possibility that bunny intentionally NOT quoted the part where there is a big difference in what I posted and how he presented it is quite there.

@RD if you think bunny is mafia, you should change it because even if ghug is mafia, he is only enforcer and we can't do much in the next phases. If he is town, you'd also vote for a read of yours that you are confident instead of someone that just had bad luck.

@damo I think you should vote, instead of ghug, also for your highest maf-read, because the bomber is more important than the enforcer now, right? Or do I have something overlooked that makes me wrong in my logic?
Your argument makes no sense. If Ghug is Enforcer there is zero chance the Bomber will use his power as iy will be game over for scum as Ghug will be flipped at some point. Last time we did this we just gave Eden another day to screw with town.

The best argument to not vote Ghug out today is having a regular day and get info through votes and reads.

But let's give it a try. ##vote Bunny
I'm having a really hard time understanding RDR's logic here?

Why would you bash Kak's argument yet (in the same breath) do exactly as he says??

Dousing

#4893 Post by Dousing » Wed May 24, 2023 5:53 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:50 am
That might just be the dumbest mistake I've made this game
sweetandcool wrote:
If ghug is 100% royalist then my arguments mean nothing to you and you should be voting ghug.
I'm note sure what you're saying here

sweetandcool

#4894 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 5:56 am

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:53 am
sweetandcool wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
You listed ghug as 100% royalists. If that is true, then shouldn't you be voting them?

Dousing

#4895 Post by Dousing » Wed May 24, 2023 5:57 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:56 am
Dousing wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
You listed ghug as 100% royalists. If that is true, then shouldn't you be voting them?
I listed Chaqa as 100% a royalist

Ghug is listed as an "oh my god I have no clue" candidate

sweetandcool

#4896 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 6:07 am

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:57 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:56 am
Dousing wrote:

I listed Chaqa as 100% a royalist

Ghug is listed as an "oh my god I have no clue" candidate
Whoops, you got me with chaqa XD

sweetandcool

#4897 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 6:09 am

Well let me help, if I'm right about ghug, then they are definitely not Mafia. I mean, not literally clear because other than mechs there is always a tiny chance you are wrong, but ghig would be the last person to flip other than our PRs.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4898 Post by ghug » Wed May 24, 2023 6:11 am

Dousing wrote:

Townclears:
Haze
Worcej
damo

Leans-Pirate
Brain
Sweet
-------
Kak/Ghug/Jamie
--------
Leans-Royalist
Rdr/Bunny

100% a Royalist
Chaqa
Lol get fucked Eden.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4899 Post by ghug » Wed May 24, 2023 6:12 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Dousing wrote:

Townclears:
Haze
Worcej
damo

Leans-Pirate
Brain
Sweet
-------
Kak/Ghug/Jamie
--------
Leans-Royalist
Rdr/Bunny

100% a Royalist
Chaqa

Are you calling me Chaqa??

sweetandcool

#4900 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 6:14 am

ghug wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 6:12 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Dousing wrote:

Townclears:
Haze
Worcej
damo

Leans-Pirate
Brain
Sweet
-------
Kak/Ghug/Jamie
--------
Leans-Royalist
Rdr/Bunny

100% a Royalist
Chaqa

Are you calling me Chaqa??
Did I mention that I'm tired?

But nooooo, I'm not doing enough for town, I've got to not only prevent an obvious misskill but I'm also expected to solve the game too.