M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
sweetandcool

Re: M80 Game Thread

#4661 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 4:18 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:10 pm
Xcution wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 9:16 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 9:13 pm

I agree. I'm happy to keep an open mind, I'm not tunneled, but to start the day I'm opening with what I think is most likely Mafia:

##VOTE Xcution
So after getting your mate blasted D2 you come back to sit in this tunnel? So all the 'listening' you said you'd do D2 wasn't that productive?
Yeah, I think you were correct that this reads as frustration. And Dousing was most likely candidate for getting DK on D2 until Fox was outed. Dousing managed to improve their position for D3 by piggybacking on my case, which did sway public opinion against X.

I think we should consider Dousing clear, because they were the turning point against X (not to mention damo's track), they had no reason to bus X, and X had no reason to go for Dousing if Dousing was Mafia.

At least, I don't think Mafia Dousing would bus X when X wasn't yet in a precarious position (since before Dousing made a case against them, I was the only vocal detractor of X).

brainbomb

#4662 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 4:31 pm

On a scale of 1-10 I am really not moved by anything ghug has said today, id give it a 3 for the tone change to somber. The trick is trying to find his lone wolfy wolf

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4663 Post by ghug » Tue May 23, 2023 4:39 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:31 pm
On a scale of 1-10 I am really not moved by anything ghug has said today, id give it a 3 for the tone change to somber. The trick is trying to find his lone wolfy wolf
Look, I know I'm going down. I'm gonna try because I always try but I get why y'all want to kill me here. I'm definitely grumpy because this is a shitty way to go and I'm on a steak of early nightkills punctuated with one scum game where Eden bussed me D2 and not this game where there have just been a bunch of mech kills culminating in me. I'm sad because I think I might have believed me here and because Rd is probably town and being so unbelievably useless. I'm also worried that you're going to spend the day looking for my partner, see me flip town, and then be burned out on hunting, so you should really be hammering me if you don't see your mind changing.

sweetandcool

#4664 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 4:45 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:39 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Look, I know I'm going down. I'm gonna try because I always try but I get why y'all want to kill me here. I'm definitely grumpy because this is a shitty way to go and I'm on a steak of early nightkills punctuated with one scum game where Eden bussed me D2 and not this game where there have just been a bunch of mech kills culminating in me. I'm sad because I think I might have believed me here and because Rd is probably town and being so unbelievably useless. I'm also worried that you're going to spend the day looking for my partner, see me flip town, and then be burned out on hunting, so you should really be hammering me if you don't see your mind changing.
Stop with this hammering nonsense, it's really annoying and anti-town.

brainbomb

#4665 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 4:46 pm

Sure. I think everyone is tired of hammering and wants the day to actually have meaning. Im still rereading everyone, even sweet and cool. So I am fine with taking as much time as is alotted

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4666 Post by ghug » Tue May 23, 2023 4:46 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:45 pm
ghug wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
What makes you think you know better than me what's anti-town?

brainbomb

#4667 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 4:51 pm

I know from experience that with how many clears there are still alive in worcej, damo, supposedly sweet and cool, haze, supposedly dousing, and then myself having been jailed, that the last mafia would only keep playing on if they had a pathway to winning.
I have observed Jamie, kak, rdrivera have all conceded games in insurmountable scenarios.

Scum cant openly concede at present since there isnt a way for both to contact GMs together to do so. it could be ghug just wants game to end and to move on so his partner can make that call.
I suspect however than a lone mafia may think there is enough of a POE to make a final 3.
Which is why im rereading sweetandcool to make sure they arent primed to coast into kilo as top town.

there is still a game to be played for potentially a very long time.

or maybe a very brief time. Or perhaps were in deep trouble. Id like to consider all those avenues now

sweetandcool

#4668 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 4:51 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:46 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
ghug wrote:

Ditto

brainbomb

#4669 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 4:56 pm

Youd be looking very far ahead, with a ton of phases left and the game becomes mostly vanilla at that point. no more powers just nightkills. and threads become stale.

it would be like: (just filling in blanks as examples
pr dies damo 24 hrs
vt dies rdrivera 48 hrs
pr dies worcej 24 hrs
vt dies brainbomb 48 hrs
pr dies haze 24 hrs
vt dies jamie 48 hrs
clear dies sweetandcool 24 hrs

that would be an f3 with dousing, bunny, and kak for example. that mafia member would have to log an enormus amount of hours of play uphill all the way.

so hammering now seems sub optimal. make the mafia play.

brainbomb

#4670 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 4:59 pm

would you play on in that position sweetandcool? if you were mafia here with ghug

brainbomb

#4671 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 5:07 pm

The one thing I would say is a possible scumtell from you is that anything there has been an argument youve always been trying to break up the fights, always concluding everyone involved is town vs town. And in each situation that involved me, you seemed to agree with the person I was arguing with. It always felt a little strange that you could identify with Eden and Jamie when their talking points were failing a bit, and the things I was arguing were substantively valid.

It is something I havent forgotten. Maybe thats your way of pocketing people. just a thought here.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4672 Post by ghug » Tue May 23, 2023 5:13 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:51 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:46 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

Ditto
I've played enough games to know that things go dead if there's a kill locked in and not processed, and there's the added wrinkle here that if y'all use the time looking for my partner like brain is, that's a bunch of effort that will be entirely wasted when I flip town.

brainbomb

#4673 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 5:15 pm

I have not ruled out any possiblities ghug. including one where you are town and sweet is mafia. Every possible scenario is on the table. That may not be true for everyone playing because they arent me.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4674 Post by ghug » Tue May 23, 2023 5:16 pm

Ok then do me a favor and imagine town ghug for a second. Whose reaction here is most out of character?

brainbomb

#4675 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 5:18 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:16 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:14 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:07 pm

Dousing=Kak
any reason why you see them as equals? you havent really ever pushed kak but youve definetely shown reasons to think dousing was scum
I felt like the X flip raised Dousing's scum stock a lot, and I've been unimpressed with Kak's recent play. I think it's pretty likely one scum would vote off of me today because they know I'm town and it wouldn't be as obvious to them how scummy I'd look here in town's eyes.
sweet seems to think the xflip makes dousing a clear. you think it raises dousings scum equity. Why does foxcastle bus dousing day 1?

bozotheclown (5): Kakarroto, pyxxy, Jamiet99uk, Dousing, President Eden
Dousing (5): rdrivera2005, bozotheclown, damo666, worcej, Foxcastle
President Eden (3): Bonatogether, BunnyGo, ghug
Xcution (1): sweetandcool
Jamiet99uk (1): brainbomb

If fox chooses to bus dousing- over voting bozo then wouldnt this imply the last two scum are already on bozo?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4676 Post by ghug » Tue May 23, 2023 5:27 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:18 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:16 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:14 pm

any reason why you see them as equals? you havent really ever pushed kak but youve definetely shown reasons to think dousing was scum
I felt like the X flip raised Dousing's scum stock a lot, and I've been unimpressed with Kak's recent play. I think it's pretty likely one scum would vote off of me today because they know I'm town and it wouldn't be as obvious to them how scummy I'd look here in town's eyes.
sweet seems to think the xflip makes dousing a clear. you think it raises dousings scum equity. Why does foxcastle bus dousing day 1?

bozotheclown (5): Kakarroto, pyxxy, Jamiet99uk, Dousing, President Eden
Dousing (5): rdrivera2005, bozotheclown, damo666, worcej, Foxcastle
President Eden (3): Bonatogether, BunnyGo, ghug
Xcution (1): sweetandcool
Jamiet99uk (1): brainbomb

If fox chooses to bus dousing- over voting bozo then wouldnt this imply the last two scum are already on bozo?
Sorry, that should say town stock. Dousing was my top scumread pre-X, now he's more level with Kak.

"Clear" feels like pretty strong wording from sweet there, but I attribute that to inexperience.

sweetandcool

#4677 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 5:28 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:59 pm
would you play on in that position sweetandcool? if you were mafia here with ghug
If I were Mafia, and my teammate (not necessarily ghug) were voted today, I would totally play on.

I've stated before that I feel confident in my position. And since most powers are used, I wouldn't have to worry about being mechanically outed.

brainbomb

#4678 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 23, 2023 5:33 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:28 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:59 pm
If I were Mafia, and my teammate (not necessarily ghug) were voted today, I would totally play on.

I've stated before that I feel confident in my position. And since most powers are used, I wouldn't have to worry about being mechanically outed.
lol I totally think its you

sweetandcool

#4679 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 5:35 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:07 pm
The one thing I would say is a possible scumtell from you is that anything there has been an argument youve always been trying to break up the fights, always concluding everyone involved is town vs town. And in each situation that involved me, you seemed to agree with the person I was arguing with. It always felt a little strange that you could identify with Eden and Jamie when their talking points were failing a bit, and the things I was arguing were substantively valid.

It is something I havent forgotten. Maybe thats your way of pocketing people. just a thought here.
Hmmm, have I always concluded these arguments are Town vs Town? Maybe, but if so it's a coincidence, since I'm also aware that arguments like X vs sweetandcool and Eden vs brainbomb tend to be read as Town vs Town.

I think just my personality form IRL is bleeding into the game. I tend to be a bit of a mediator/translator. I just see people misunderstanding each other left and right, and I get so frustrated I can't help but butt in and try to resolve the miscommunication. I'm actually trying to work on not doing that (in Mafia games), because I think sometimes people are misunderstanding on purpose as a form of bait, and I might be wrong about it anyways.

Have I always sided with the person that you are arguing with? It's possible. I think frequently you are hard to understand, and you do frequently misunderstand others, so I could see that being the case.

As far as President Eden vs brainbomb goes, you kept trying to demonstrate understanding of what President Eden was saying by trying to say it in your own words. Unfortunately, you kept inserting inaccuracies into you conclusions about President Eden's thoughts. So I "sided: with President Eden in the sense that I understood their frustration. The argument itself seemed unimportant and I've already forgotten it.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4680 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 23, 2023 5:40 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:51 pm
I know from experience that with how many clears there are still alive in worcej, damo, supposedly sweet and cool, haze, supposedly dousing, and then myself having been jailed, that the last mafia would only keep playing on if they had a pathway to winning.
I have observed Jamie, kak, rdrivera have all conceded games in insurmountable scenarios.

Scum cant openly concede at present since there isnt a way for both to contact GMs together to do so. it could be ghug just wants game to end and to move on so his partner can make that call.
I suspect however than a lone mafia may think there is enough of a POE to make a final 3.
Which is why im rereading sweetandcool to make sure they arent primed to coast into kilo as top town.

there is still a game to be played for potentially a very long time.

or maybe a very brief time. Or perhaps were in deep trouble. Id like to consider all those avenues now
I conceded once when there is no way I can win the game considering the whole situation. This game is too open to anyone consider to concede.

We still have only 3 miskills even if we are right about Ghug (2 if we are wrong) so it's far from a sure town win.