M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M80 Game Thread

#4281 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon May 22, 2023 1:56 pm

I apologise if I misled anyone by saying I was roleblocked during the Game Start phase; clearly this is not possible, nor is a daytime roleblock. I was just larking about because I'm desperately hoping to hear back from Dargoygel or Peterlund about the bot problems.

I have started the Kak deep dive because most of his D1 posts are archived (but not all), but it will take a while to complete.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

brainbomb

#4282 Post by brainbomb » Mon May 22, 2023 1:57 pm

okay now you guys are all making me paranoid. lol. giving me a nice golden shower of +1's and seemingly agreeing with my analysis.

My POE based on this is we chop rivera and then ghug. if either flip town we chop bona.

Bunny, Jamie, S&C, seem fine in this reread.

damo666

#4283 Post by damo666 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:03 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 1:57 pm
okay now you guys are all making me paranoid. lol. giving me a nice golden shower of +1's and seemingly agreeing with my analysis.

My POE based on this is we chop rivera and then ghug. if either flip town we chop bona.

What about Haze?

brainbomb

#4284 Post by brainbomb » Mon May 22, 2023 2:06 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:53 pm
I also hate this total ignoring me when I ask him stuff and all but sadly, brain does that when he is town so I can just scream at the void for why brain is that way.

I just have to wait until he picks something out from my posts that convinces him I'm mafia. At least then he talks to me again ...
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:08 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:55 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:40 pm

sweet is currently my highest townread, even above bona
did I miss when bona did something that struck a chord with you?
I like bona's vibes 8-)

which is normal, I think. It's not as high of a chord as I usually feel here, but I feel good having him in my town corner

I think it's about this:

sweet
|
|
worcej, bona (I keep flip flopping who I prefer here but in the end, it's practically the same)
|
Haze, eden (after recalibration)
brain
"ArrDee"
Xcution, Jamie
and then here is a bunch of null reads. Maybe Fox has deserved a place a bit more up, but I'm not feeling it currently. Maybe next to Jamie, but then again, that row feels close to null right now too, so no.
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:04 pm
but if there are none currently, then

@Foxcastle, what do you think of the exchange between brain and eden? Did you figure out the alignment of one or both? Anything that makes you scratch your head about it? Someone reacting to that that caught your eye?
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:14 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:58 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:40 pm

sweet is currently my highest townread, even above bona
explique si vous plait
I'm not quite sure, but I think it's the posting style. I can, or at least I think I'm able to, read sweet clearly and what I've seen here is pure town. Maybe it's because of a similar style or way, but I totally believe sweet is town and you should not vote that slot.

I could be totally wrong but I don't believe it and man, if I am, then I should probably stop playing mafia.

Strangely this gives me some dark vibes also. I have to really think now if kak is just following fox in the whole lets play opposites.

two scum scumread sweet and cool
two scum townread sweet and cool

can it be that simple?

damo666

#4285 Post by damo666 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:06 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 7:17 am
Assuming the Captain hasn't holstered then they have already used RB.

This could be why worcej wasn't jailed N1. IF SO CAPTAIN KNOWS ONE OF THE REMAINING SCUM.

If so it may be worth revealing especially if it was Haze who I think may well be the Enforcer. This would only leave Agent who would be powerless.
If anybody hasn't worked out my role then tough. For those that have consider it HARDCLAIMED.

brainbomb

#4286 Post by brainbomb » Mon May 22, 2023 2:06 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 2:03 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 1:57 pm

What about Haze?
I thought you implied there was mech reasons to townread haze.

Dousing

#4287 Post by Dousing » Mon May 22, 2023 2:07 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 1:28 pm
Dousing wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 1:14 pm
Snip

100% Jamie and Haze are not a scumpair though
Why…?
Jamie’s attempt to unclear Haze from Damo’s list

While I think Damo’s putting a *little* too much faith in how towny this makes Jamie appear (it reads a little more NAI than town imo), I do think Damo’s right in saying that a scum!Jamie would not be so quick to shade scum!Haze

damo666

#4288 Post by damo666 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:08 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 9:49 pm
I'm talking shite.

Haze is not townclear.

X could've jailed scumHaze to protect against vig (in this case would he claim jailed for town cred or not? - he did offer up that nothing had happened to him)

Agent could have driven scumHaze with X's real Track/RoleCop target so as to confuse if X was caught.

Or X could have simply Tracked/RoleCopped townHaze

Sorry for not having worked this out before.

Anyway at least we got Spy X
FOR BRAIN

brainbomb

#4289 Post by brainbomb » Mon May 22, 2023 2:10 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:23 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:14 pm
[...] I learned that I have zero friends on this forum, and my aggressive play is off putting. [...]
I always saw you as someone who is a friend, especially in the early days when I was here :cry:

but after a while, you began to not react to me little by little and somehow I think your to go state now is to maf read me and just ignore me. And I don't know why that happened. Did I do something wrong?

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:48 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:28 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:23 pm

I always saw you as someone who is a friend, especially in the early days when I was here :cry:

but after a while, you began to not react to me little by little and somehow I think your to go state now is to maf read me and just ignore me. And I don't know why that happened. Did I do something wrong?
You did not do anything wrong man. I feel like a few games back with you I hard defended you and you were town, and everyone turned on you. but hell I cant keep my games straight.

So lets say I take you off of my scumlist. and consider this convo real, not AtE, but youre geniunely just like, hey man, stop tunnelling me all the time. Okay. Suppose we go that route. whats next
I ... what? Tunnelling you? I thought I read you most often as town, not mafia. I think there was also a game where you were mafia and I still thought you were town and people didn't like my read after the flip.

And I have no problem with you mafreading me, that I can easily deal with since it's nothing personal just a game, what I don't like is that you shut down communication when you think I'm mafia and don't answer to questions or have a dialog. I'm not even sure you are aware of doing that.

And talking about that game where you defended me ... I guess? I think I hazily remember something like that, but I'm not sure anymore if in that game you were town. So if you were, you did read me correctly. But I mostly remember that in the last games you tend to ignore me and put me into the maf corner fast. Maybe I'm remembering wrong and I have wrong proportions about how it truly is, but it at least stayed in my mind.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that I like you personally and am friendly to you, even if sometimes you can make me (or other people, mostly other people) mad. But that's fine, that even can be a good point for the game (and mostly is, I think), just a little less of ignoring and little more of communicating even when you think I am mafia would be nice and would also make for a more fun game. :-)

Kak attempt to get me to stop scumreading him and become friends again. He says that all I ever do lately is scumread him every game. And to be honest this appeal worked on me. I completely stopped worrying about kak after this. Now im wondering if this was a mistake.

Maybe kak makes more sense as mafia here than ghug

Jamiet99uk

#4290 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon May 22, 2023 2:10 pm

Foxcastle / Kak connections on D1 and D2:

On D1 Foxcastle comes in and criticises Kak's walls of prose.

They have the whole "wet flotsam" exchange which Bozo later interprets as team-mates communicating.

Fox also makes brief comments about Ghug and Bunny in this early posting.

Then on page 12 there is this post from Kak:
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:20 am
Well, I'm sure you'll figure out my alignment fast enough.

I still would've loved some commentary from Bunny.

Also, do me a favour, if/when fox comes back later, ask him a few questions. The same goes for people who haven't been here yet, that would be great.
Interesting that Kak wants Foxcastle to be pulled into the game more at an early stage.
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 8:04 pm
but if there are none currently, then

@Foxcastle, what do you think of the exchange between brain and eden? Did you figure out the alignment of one or both? Anything that makes you scratch your head about it? Someone reacting to that that caught your eye?
On page 50 we get some reads from Kak:
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 9:08 pm

<some town reads>

And then here is a bunch of null reads. Maybe Fox has deserved a place a bit more up, but I'm not feeling it currently. Maybe next to Jamie, but then again, that row feels close to null right now too, so no.
A very hedgy "slightly more than null but I'm not feeling it currently" read there.
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:43 pm
quick thoughts:

I'm not warming up to fox's posts but I don't think he's a good target for today, should have a look at him later again though
More hedging?

Then Foxcastle does this, a few minutes from EoD deadline, and just a minute after Ghug has voted for Kak:
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:56 pm
Yeah, I don't actually want to see dousing go today, though I am not thrilled about Bozo either. ##VOTE KAK
Kak is around because he angrily responds to Ghug:
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:59 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:51 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:50 pm

what morning are you talking about? because my morning I was a) sleeping and b) preparing in haste because I nearly overslept

and your morning surly not the last one because I just read the last 2 hours or so the 30+ pages I couldn't since I wasn't here
My morning. Maybe early afternoon. ##VOTE Kak
you are either halluzinating or lying. I began to read what I missed around 20:20 my time which was around 2 and a half hours ago. If that's what you mean, then it could be only some posts around page 50 or so, don't even remember where I started reading anymore
....but he does not react to Foxcastle also voting him.

During Night 1, Kak has 10 posts, several of them quite long, but he does not mention Foxcastle at all.

Then on D2, our hero Worcej springs into action:
Kakarroto wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:24 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 10:21 pm

I have a Royalist scan on Foxcastle.

##vote Foxcastle
##end
I'm not sure about if we should end right now but sure

##vote Foxcastle

I'm just thinking, why would mafia NOT rb any of the claimed PR's when they have a lot ...
Even when Fox was outed as scum there was an air of reluctance in Kak's vote.

Summary - my gut says that this presents a picture of Kak who is team-mates with Fox and doesn't want to appear weirdly distanced from him, especially as Fox called him out in the early "wet flotsam" exchange. He includes Fox in his reads several times but always in a super-hedgy "hm maybe he might be town idk but we should look at him later" manner.

When Ghug and Foxcastle both vote for Kak at EoD1 it's notable that he snaps back at Ghug but ignores Foxcastle, and then doesn't mention Fox again at all, until after Worcej's reveal.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

damo666

#4291 Post by damo666 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:10 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 7:13 am
Haze with a Z wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 11:48 pm
I also dont completely understand damo's logic on how I can be scum but Im assuming it is something I dont need to know?
Spy visited Haze last night. These are the possibilities.

Spy tracked townHaze

Spy rolecopped townHaze

Spy jailed scumHaze

Spy tracked or rolecopped Haze the Enforcer who the Agent drove with the intended target.
FOR BRAIN

damo666

#4292 Post by damo666 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:11 pm

Dousing wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 2:07 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 1:28 pm
Dousing wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 1:14 pm
Snip

100% Jamie and Haze are not a scumpair though
Why…?
Jamie’s attempt to unclear Haze from Damo’s list

While I think Damo’s putting a *little* too much faith in how towny this makes Jamie appear (it reads a little more NAI than town imo), I do think Damo’s right in saying that a scum!Jamie would not be so quick to shade scum!Haze
Yep

brainbomb

#4293 Post by brainbomb » Mon May 22, 2023 2:11 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 2:08 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 9:49 pm
I'm talking shite.

Haze is not townclear.

X could've jailed scumHaze to protect against vig (in this case would he claim jailed for town cred or not? - he did offer up that nothing had happened to him)

Agent could have driven scumHaze with X's real Track/RoleCop target so as to confuse if X was caught.

Or X could have simply Tracked/RoleCopped townHaze

Sorry for not having worked this out before.

Anyway at least we got Spy X
FOR BRAIN
Hmm okay. I will also do the due diligence and reread haze here. I had them as scum day 1, I liked that they upped participation after day 1. I saw a number of posts of theirs I liked a bit but I did somewhat take them off my radar.

damo666

#4294 Post by damo666 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:14 pm

I think X going fairly meekly when accused (why on earth did he claim vanilla??) indicates to me Haze is scum because at the time I was townclearing Haze.

Haze is now my main suspect.

Not sure who #2 is.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4295 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:15 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 1:47 pm
So rivera aligns himself with Fox on that Jamie is town, and they both seem to like Jamie pushing bunny.

So rivera seems to be guiding wolf partner xcution on sweet and cool, implying, yea this target is okay even if fox discouraged it
Go find a game where I was scum and tried to guide a scum partner. Hint: you won't find.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4296 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:18 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 1:51 pm
So now either

1 Rivera is just accidentally sitting between two mafia, taking stances that the scumteam are working on.

Or

2 Rivera is scum, providing direction to xcution and sweet and cool is just a town member in their crosshairs.

3 Or xcution was bussing sweetandcool, and town Rivera found common reasons to scumread sweet.

I think its 2
I think it's 1 as sweet is very towny.

It's not 2 100% and 3 is really unlikely.

brainbomb

#4297 Post by brainbomb » Mon May 22, 2023 2:20 pm

Haze with a Z wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:55 pm
Xcution wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:51 pm
Haze with a Z wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:44 pm
Caught up now
Give me two townie reads and two wolfy reads.
bona/kak/brain town

you could be wolf ig. same with ghug. maybe jamie or doma for the other. I don't really know
Haze with a Z wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 5:21 pm
##vote sweet
Haze with a Z wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 6:38 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 5:29 pm
Haze with a Z wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 5:24 pm

if you have thoughts on them, wouldnt you want others to know?
I dunno, if Sweet's scumtell is that he tends to slip into British spelling and German capitalization, is it better for me to alert him that I'm looking out for that, or wait until there's a large enough sample size to assess it?
idk but if you sr sweet I feel you should share at least that
Haze with a Z wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:23 am
ghug wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:18 am
Haze, what do you think so far?
1. You are mad at me
2. X probably isn't being as aggressive as last game because they haven't been mentioned as much in passing and I havent seen walls by them yet.
3. kak seemed town at first, I can't remember what they have done since whenever I talked to them first which ig would have to be yesterday.
4. brain/boma prob town, also liking edin and wor.
5. I made a list and I'm gonna get hate for this list.
Haze also seems somewhat closely united with Fox and Xcution both in view of gamestate. He also drops a scumread on Jamie eventually which lends itself to recognizing that scum partner fox wants Jamie alive.

The interactions between haze and ghug feel really minimal given they just played a champs game together.

haze has some pretty surface level reasons to scumread dousing which are mostly volume based, but doesnt seem to apply same logic to scumreading rivera for example.

brainbomb

#4298 Post by brainbomb » Mon May 22, 2023 2:23 pm

Haze with a Z wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 12:17 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 12:14 am
Haze with a Z wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 12:11 am
I do find it unlikely that pxy was shot by the pirates though based on what's been said
yeah, I doubt it too.

if you had three bullets, who would you shoot right now (disregarding the fox-scan)?
prob rdrive/damo/dousing tbh.
Hold up, I stand corrected. suddenly Haze would shoot rivera first. and dousing last. now Im confused.

brainbomb

#4299 Post by brainbomb » Mon May 22, 2023 2:28 pm

Im gonna keep reading to myself but this Haze ISO is one of the most confusing things ive ever read.

brainbomb

#4300 Post by brainbomb » Mon May 22, 2023 2:37 pm

Highly unconventional but I took a look at Haze posts from their champs game and heres a few of their town posts:
I felt like it had to do with the statement I had been making and it made sense in context. I didn't mean to imply that I had an issue with them posting a bunch of anime pictures for an hour of rvs, but if instead it was only anime pictures all day, I think I would have an issue with it. Because no matter how much I think they are cute, they literally help no one, unless their goal is to make a mess for others to have to ignore and sort through.
Eliza, I can barely tell where you stand here tbh. I thought you had left and then kinda assumed you were sheeping the thread and now you feel obligated to vote?
Is there more explanations I missed cause I thought I read everything and in this argument, it kinda feels like you are zenon's sidekick(I cannot come up with a better word so sorry if this offends you)
Tbh I don't think it is as likely for you two to be w/w because I feel like this would have required planning and seems like a stupid thing to me, although ig that could be logic to why it could be. I don't think that you two are partnered, but I wouldn't be able to use this interaction to clear one of you based on the others.

I'm not thinking the first thing needs a response, although I can't tell because I've read it twice, once with you knowing you town in mind and once withotu and got different understandings.

Also I didnt wanna use a post for just this, but if you mean the profanity filter grandi, click on your name in the top and then click general settings. I believe that it is a setting somewhat in the middle or towards the bottom of the page. I think it is auto on although I turn it off because I find it annoying.

The biggest difference im seeing in the champs game as compared to here is that Haze seems keen on finding wolf pairs, and is always weighing the odds someone is w/w based on what he is reading. And I dont see that same style of play in this game.

Also he made more reads lists and put more effort in. It is Champs, so thats normal but I dont remember any posts by Haze in this style.

I think I need to express my thoughts instead of assuming everyone knows them. Taking out the number of people that I have no idea. These also are not based on t/t//w/w//t/w thoughts.

Clouds - overall pretty towny. I like most of the posts that they've made.
ElizaThePsycho - honestly acting weird. I cannot tell what they are with the whole argument thing but I think that whole thing is gonna be what determines their alignment.
Haze with a Z - Haze with a Z
KingofDominaria - they feel self resolving in a pizza sort of sense. Like if they are alive in lylo, they are a wolf. But if they are town and alive, they will find the wolves before lylo.
The X - I don't like reading many of their posts. I think they are likely town, I just find them slightly annoying to read
WizKvothe - I don’t like the one post but remember nothing else of them so only slight sl
Zenon - started off very towny, probably the most towny out of everyone and even through the argument I thought they were town. It’s just their whole reads list thing and I think that their whole thing with kod feels weird tbh

This is from another game, so please dont be confused.
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/se ... 7670&pp=50