MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
KoalaAttack

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#3461 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:06 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:35 pm
It's a little odd no one has called me suspicious for not doing a VCA yet.

Not sure what that means.
I think it means you have them all wrapped around your little finger.

Fine, I will do it – even though there is obvious Confirmation Bias at play given you are my Suspect #1.

Ladies & Gentlemen, I present to you The Mystery of Chaqa:

Chaqa: "I am Mafia, har har"
Everyone: !!! Suspicious !!!
Chaqa: "just kidding"
Everyone: "oh OK"
Chaqa: "lfischl is Town, har har"
Chaqa: "oh it was my D&D Secret Strategy #17"
Everyone: "oh OK"
Chaqa: "no-one even Suspects me for not doing a VCA, har har"
Chaqa: "pfft, no worries, y'all will never follow through on my wagon"

I mean, I have watched folks zero in on each other for like a minuscule fraction of the things Chaqa does. For christ's sake, TFB hardcore went after Damo for freaking alphabetizing his list. And yet Chaqa gets away with the most amazing things, because "that's just Chaqa"?

Also, Chaqa is an apparent Mafia GM and D&D DM (I've never played but that means Dungeon Master doesn't it?) who is purchasing professional board gaming tables. Yet on here, Chaqa is a honey badger who don't give a damn.

I stand by my Suspicious!

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3462 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:01 pm

I don't think you understood what I was saying, but that's fair because it wasn't really directed at you. I have a reputation for doing a lot of VCA (vote-count analysis) and I haven't done any of that. It's odd that none of the veterans, especially Eden and Bozo, have pointed that out.

These little things that don't seem like much can be surprisingly good at catching scum, since it's usually something that someone might miss when they attempt to appear town.

President Eden

#3463 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:05 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:01 pm
I don't think you understood what I was saying, but that's fair because it wasn't really directed at you. I have a reputation for doing a lot of VCA (vote-count analysis) and I haven't done any of that. It's odd that none of the veterans, especially Eden and Bozo, have pointed that out.

These little things that don't seem like much can be surprisingly good at catching scum, since it's usually something that someone might miss when they attempt to appear town.
I don’t remember ever calling you out specifically for not doing VCA before. I remember calling you out for saying you would do VCA and then continuing to coast and not do it. Those are different things though. I’m not even sure that VCA is something you specifically always do as town and don’t do as mafia in the first place.

All that said, since you’ve brought it up, I wouldn’t mind you doing a VCA and posting findings.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3464 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:16 pm

I have the tabs open. I'll try to work on it when I'm done with work in between bouts of existentialism

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3465 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:41 pm

Oh man I thought EOD was today for some reason. Big sigh of relief.

President Eden

#3466 Post by President Eden » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:47 pm

##VOTE rdrivera2005

I’ve concluded this wagon at least needs to exist

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3467 Post by dargorygel » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:25 pm

(I think I did ONE koala fact earlier... but who is reading the thread anyway? SO... here are ten Koala Random Facts.
1. KOALAS AREN’T BEARS – THEY’RE MARSUPIALS.
You may have heard our fluffy friends referred to as ‘koala bears’ because of their bear-like ears and big, black noses. But in fact, koalas aren’t bears at all. They are marsupials, meaning they’re more closely related to wombats and kangaroos than they are to bears.
2. THEY’RE FUSSY EATERS
Koalas survive on a diet of eucalyptus leaves and can eat up to a kilogram (over two pounds) a day! They may eat a lot, but they're also picky eaters. In fact, koalas eat fewer than 50 of over 700 eucalypt species. And they choose their leaves wisely – those at the top of the tallest trees contain more liquid and nutrients.
3. KOALAS CAN SLEEP UP TO 18 HOURS A DAY
Most of a koala’s day is spent snoozing in the treetops. Because eucalyptus leaves are so low in nutrients and take a lot of time to digest, koalas need to sleep between 18 and 22 hours a day to conserve their energy.
4. KOALAS SMELL LIKE EUCALYPTUS
Koalas spend most of their time sitting in eucalyptus trees, so it’s no surprise that some begin to take on the aroma.
Typically, young koalas and female koalas give off a slight eucalyptus scent, which also doubles as a natural insect repellent. Meanwhile, adult male koalas have a stronger, muskier odour.
5. THEY MAKE REALLY STRANGE SOUNDS
Despite their sweet appearance, koalas make one of the most unsettling sounds of the Australian bush! Male koalas use additional vocal folds to produce deep bellowing or grunting calls that can be heard several kilometres away during sunrise and sunset.
6. KOALAS LIKE TO SPEND THEIR TIME ALONE
Koalas are solitary animals and stay within overlapping ‘home ranges.’ Each koala has a different sized range, depending on gender, age, social position and habitat quality. Dominant males tend to have large home ranges, and these areas are often highly respected by neighbouring koalas.
Female koalas generally stay in the same territory as where they were born, while male koalas (with the exception of a few dominant and larger males) are travellers.
7. KOALAS ARE BORN HAIRLESS, BLIND AND WITHOUT EARS
An infant koala is called a joey, just like a baby kangaroo. When a koala joey is born, they are the size of a peanut and even without any sight or hearing ability, they're able to use their natural instincts to immediately climb up to their mother’s pouch. Once they reach the pouch, they will remain there for the next six months while they grow and develop.
8. 'KOALA' COMES FROM AN ABORIGINAL WORD
The koala is one of several Australian animals whose name derives from an Aboriginal language. The name 'koala' comes from a Darug word meaning 'no water.' This is an accurate description; koalas rarely drink from free-standing water. Instead, they stay hydrated through their diet of eucalyptus leaves and by licking rainwater that runs down the smooth bark of trees.
9. KOALAS CAN LIVE MORE THAN A DECADE
Koalas, on average, live up to 10 to 12 years of age in the wild. When they are 12 months old, they start to migrate away from their mother's watch and by two or three years old, they start to reproduce. Females tend to live longer (up to 18 years old) than male koalas in the wild.
10. KOALAS HAVE SIMILAR FINGERPRINTS TO HUMANS
Just like us, koalas have fingerprints that are completely unique to each of them. In fact, they’re so similar to human fingerprints that it’s extremely difficult to distinguish between the two species, even under a microscope. Koalas also have thumbs, but unlike us, they have two on each hand.

AND FURTHER: What is a tack?
Tack is equipment or accessories equipped on horses and other equines in the course of their use as domesticated animals. This equipment includes such items as saddles, stirrups, bridles, halters, reins, bits, and harnesses. Equipping a horse is often referred to as tacking up, and involves putting the tack equipment on the horse. A room to store such equipment, usually near or in a stable, is a tack room.

VOTE COUNT
President Eden (3): bona, rdr, BK
Chaqa (3): fish, Koala, Neon
TheFlyingBoat (2): bozo, Chaqa
BK3K (1): Boat
rdrivera2005 (1): Eden

No one has a primacy of voters voting them.
22 and a half hours left in this day

KoalaAttack

#3468 Post by KoalaAttack » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:44 pm

!!!

11. Those who kill Koalas or order the murder of Koalas are known as The Evil Soulless, because they are scientifically proven to lack either a Conscience of a Soul. You can tell these individuals apart by looking like Emperor Palpatine meets The Forsaken meets The Nazgul – if you can ever peek behind the hooded robes they use to hide in. These individuals are required by the rules of Mafia to always be auto-voted on at first possible realistic opportunity (when they tie the leading wagon), regardless of the alignment reads or the current game state.

Bonatogether

#3469 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:27 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:21 pm
Bona, who else do you think is mafia? I’m aware that you’re zeroed in on me (because you’re a zero), but if this isn’t just some ultra high effort scum tunnel then you should have some other understanding of the game state to share with us
tfb is almost certainly town imo

neon and lfischl are question marks in my view

some posts make sense in the context of a scum!bozo world

the chaqa case is riding a wave of other town suspicion that's now a leading wagon, which you're not even on, but that could just be an attempt to blend by joykilling town

i feel like bishkek is just town

koalers is kind of a null so that works as well

Bonatogether

#3470 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:27 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:36 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:10 pm
@boat man vote eden
No
cringe

President Eden

#3471 Post by President Eden » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:44 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:27 am
neon [. . .] question marks in my view
cc or no balls
Bonatogether wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Bona, who else do you think is mafia? I’m aware that you’re zeroed in on me (because you’re a zero), but if this isn’t just some ultra high effort scum tunnel then you should have some other understanding of the game state to share with us

lfischl [. . .] question marks in my view

the chaqa case is riding a wave of other town suspicion that's now a leading wagon, which you're not even on, but that could just be an attempt to blend by joykilling town

rdrivera?

and can you try that chaqa word salad again please

more generally this is pretty uninspired and mid, though the BK take is pretty interesting at least. this is like a 3 on the ap grading scale

President Eden

#3472 Post by President Eden » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:47 am

lfischl wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:18 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:26 pm
lfischl wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:17 pm

I think mine would be something like Chaqa, TFB, BK, and Rdr
So the entire consensus POE minus yourself. Riveting stuff bud :lol:

Serious prompt - please answer these questions for me:
President Eden wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:30 pm

Hi, Mr. Fish, buddy...

I'd really like to understand how your brain works. Talk to me about how your view of the game has evolved. In particular...

- You voted pretty aggressively EOD1 to protect Bona rather than to get a suspect. Is Bona still town? Do you have any thoughts about him, new or old?

- You voted me at a pretty pivotal moment, when I was a counterwagon to damo and mafia ghug. You don't mention me before or after this. What led you to suspect me and what led you to drop it?

- You seemingly were willing to vote with damo to save him D2, yet you voted him out D3 apparently just by following the crowd. What was your view on damo and what led to this change?

- You have been pretty consistent on Chaqa since D1, but I am curious - why are you also seemingly prioritizing TFB over other non-Chaqa votes?
1. I do think bona is still town, at least in my mind he hasn't done anything to change that.

2. I was not able to get on after I voted, after reading through that thread I would've definitely changed it had I been able to get on.

3. At the point I voted damo on D3, I didn't think people were willing to change their thoughts on damo, so I didn't see much point in trying to campaign super hard on trying to get chaqa or TFB.

4. currently, TFB is my #2 scumread behind chaqa, and at least in my mind, there is almost guaranteed to be a scum between the 2 of them, and damo flipping town like I thought he would also influenced that
first off, I missed your replies, so don't feel bad about missing my questions :lol:

now then... thanks for sharing.

talk to me about #4 a bit. how did damo flipping town influence your belief that there's essentially guaranteed to be a scum between tfb/chaqa? what distinguishes them in your mind such that chaqa is #1 and tfb is #2?

Princess Neon

#3473 Post by Princess Neon » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:11 am

BK3K wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:50 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:41 pm
@Eden: you actually believe Neon?

Why would anyone claim there. It's worse than worcej's claims.
I don't know why Neon would claim, but i don't know why a scum would lie even less. Lying seems like it would be an incredibly short sighted play, no?
I claimed because I would be perpetually PoE without just outing my role.

I'm behind I'm never catching up I can solve in the moment now and if wolves NK me it's only beneficial to town but if they ignore me and let me keep playing we have a heal at night because they don't believe the sub slot that they've been pushing could actually really be the doc

Princess Neon

#3474 Post by Princess Neon » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:13 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:05 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:04 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:44 am

:?
Hi welcome to the world of neon where I'm like unable to translate thoughts to words
just give me the straight thoughts please
This is the straightest thoughts you will get from me. I am quite literally posting stream of consciousness.

You have my solve like my full actually thought thru solve. And my claim. Do with that what you want.

Princess Neon

#3475 Post by Princess Neon » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:15 am

##VOTE rdrivera2005

##END

Bonatogether

#3476 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:06 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:44 am
Bonatogether wrote:
neon [. . .] question marks in my view
cc or no balls
Bonatogether wrote:
President Eden wrote:

lfischl [. . .] question marks in my view

rdrivera?

and can you try that chaqa word salad again please

more generally this is pretty uninspired and mid, though the BK take is pretty interesting at least. this is like a 3 on the ap grading scale
i decline to cc

i've never been able to read rd but i'd spitball town here

you made a case on chaqa (fact). this was after other people started moving against him (fact). he's now a leading wagon (fact). you are not voting him (fact). explanation?

a 3 passes

Bonatogether

#3477 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:07 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:13 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:05 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:04 pm

Hi welcome to the world of neon where I'm like unable to translate thoughts to words
just give me the straight thoughts please
This is the straightest thoughts you will get from me. I am quite literally posting stream of consciousness.

You have my solve like my full actually thought thru solve. And my claim. Do with that what you want.
appreciate it

bozotheclown

#3478 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:46 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:32 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:10 am
Looking at the voting, ghug/TFB/lfischl/BK3K fits fairly well.

D1, ghug was jumping around among Bonatogether, damo, and BunnyGo, possibly to protect TFB, and may have ignored Chaqa because BK3K, then lfischl, were voting for Chaqa.

D2, BK3K and lfischl voted for PE while TFB was voting for damo, and BK3K and lfischl were not around for EOD, so ghug would have had no help with TFB already voting for damo.

D3, TFB, lfischl, and BK3K only voted for damo.

D4, neither lfischl or BK3K are voting for TFB.

With this combination, the only mafia votes for mafia would be ghug's early D1 vote for TFB, TFB's early D1 vote for BK3K, ghug's vote for lfischl D2, and BK3K's current D4 vote for lfischl.
yeah except had ghug voted for damo D2 early he almost certainly survives. It was his weird behavior around that wagon that got both Eden and I to peg tgem as a duo.

You also seem to ignore that I pushed BK3K pretty hard D1 and tried to get others to hop on before giving up and pushing swords and then making what I thought would be a grand meta tell on damo which I thought was only confirmed by his scummy behavior after.

That being said I do agree that the other two scum reads you have on me. The only delta I have in the list I most recently proposed is that I have Chaqa on there instead of me. But you do make a good point about D1 that makes me lean against Chaqa being the person there...will need to think harder about the third remaining scum I guess.
That is interesting:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:25 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:58 pm
This is going to sound really pathetic...but I just don't know who the last three can be.

D1
Final Vote Count:
BunnyGo (9) brainbomb, Fluminator, Bonatog​ether, damo666, BK3K, TheFlyingBoat, KoalaAttack, lfischl, g​hug
Bonatogether (4) swordsman3003/Neon, President Eden, BunnyGo, Chaqa
TheFlyingBoat (2) bozotheclown, rdr​ivera2005

D2
Final Vote Count:
ghug (5) rdrivera2005, brainbomb, Presiden​t Eden, damo666, bozotheclown
damo666 (3) TheFlyingBoat, B​onatogether, ghug
President Eden (2) BK3K, lfischl
BK3K (1) KoalaAttack
KoalaAtt​ack (1) Chaqa

D3
FINAL VOTE COUNT

damo666 (10) - President Eden*, Chaqa*, TheFlyingBoat, Bonatogether, Rdrivera2005, BK3K*, brainbomb, KoalaAttack, Lfischl, bozotheclown

Chaqa (1) - Prncess Neon*

TheFlyingBoat (1) - Damo666

Like I look at this and I see the team based on the votes being something like ghug/chaqa/rdr/lfischl, but I don't fully like it. Will think on it more, but I am admittedly overwhelmed with 2 jobs rn and don't really feel confident in myself rn. I'll get over it soon prolly, but I don't know how I could have been wrong there.
So I've been starting at this and the bot like a hopeless soothsayer and honestly I don't think rdr or bozo bussed ghug. I still don't get why ghug didn't force the MK on damo and maybe even stretch for one after that. I just can't figure out who goes into the rdr slot. Like why did ghug feel like he had to leave the Bona wagon for Bunny when the result was fait accompli? I don't think it is Eden bussing and Neon is apparently town based on claims, so did ghug really flip to make 3 on the primary wagon and 1 on the counter?

If so ghug/chaqa/BK3K/lfischl makes sense?
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:23 am
Why not simply TFB, B3K, and Lfischl?

Or if not one of them, throw me into the mix as a backup, and I'll throw you in.
Then, there is this:
lfischl wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:17 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:08 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:49 pm
We only have one miskill left, right?
Correct. That’s why I was asking about narrowing the POE to four earlier
I think mine would be something like Chaqa, TFB, BK, and Rdr
So Chaqa, TFB, and lfischl are all mutually suspicious of each other, and of BK3K. These 4 are also somehow on 4 different wagons right now. I am not sure what any of this means, but it seems it might be important later.

bozotheclown

#3479 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:51 am

Just when I started to think no one was bussing ghug, PE and rdrivera are voting for each other. Maybe the mafia team is intent on eliminating each other this game.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3480 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:58 am

In retrospect looking at VCA idk why I thought Damo was scum