MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BesharamSabi

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#1221 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:15 am

pyxxy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:35 pm
Vecna, Bona, Eden, you're three people I would want to read this post

Now that Sabi is gone, this series of posts from them intrigued me:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:52 pm
Neon is town but I will let yall figure that out but I swear to God if you scare her off I will send you to the shadow relm.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:22 pm
I veto any D1 kill in neon. Find someone else
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:24 pm
Here's neons games

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/34404

Under neon abrigal

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/35368

One is town, one is mafia.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:43 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:42 pm

Why? They've been doing really well.
Just worried about worcej scaring them off.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:55 pm
Rumi if the game isn't begin by fun or affecting you mentally, you can take breaks from it till you feel better. People take breaks all the time. You don't have to camp in the thread all day.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:18 pm
Neon, brainbomb is moth on mu
I expect Sabi have genuine and strong concern for the new players having a good first experience in webdip mafia.

But it feels like an unbalanced reaction between defending Neon vs. caring about Rumi? It just feels like Sabi is treating the two new webdippees differently.

Rumi feels like an afterthought to keep up appearances :cry:
Everyone already answered this but I invited neon personally brcaude:

A) I had a lot of fun working with her to catch scum

B) I felt her play style suited this place

I also told neon I would protect her this game when I asked her to sign up. I don't wan tto scare her off

Regardless Rumi is cool and I want him to have fun here.

BesharamSabi

#1222 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:15 am

Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:50 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:46 pm
Vecna can you obvtown so I can sheep you? #jargon
:sick:

in pretty much no game where we've been town together did you think I was obv-town, so what are you really asking for?

posturing baby. posturing.

lets dance
Yeaaaaa I don't like ghug post at all

BesharamSabi

#1223 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:17 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:09 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:50 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:38 pm
I think its likely explained by an emotional connection to someone she has invited and played prior with on another website though, vs someone she probably doesnt know.

(just speculation).
Mindmeld
curious that you didn’t acknowledge the other simultaneous mindmeld
Because you both are doppelgangers

worcej

#1224 Post by worcej » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:17 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:20 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:59 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:51 pm
Can people ask me game related questions so I can provide comtent
I'm tired of shitposting and want to move the game along to actual content
What is the air speed velocity of the posting in this thread?

Jkjk

Actual questions

What do you think of Byz / Eden / Rumi? At this point
Byz I have as null. Hasn't really much content. He's pretty under the radar.

Eden as scum lean. I'm biased.

Rumi is town. Has the fresh oureness of a newbie

What do you think of the lines of attack on me?
worcej is just like that. He's a moth and he likes to hover anyone that is is being a source of light aka attention grabby in a thread. I think he's been the only attack on you
Why are you town? I TR you anyways but wanna see your answer
besides my role card, idk. My whole argument with eden has me second guessing how I play and like maybe I never improved and I just suck lol
If any of this was already asked ignore me I'm catching up
Answer in orange
I resent this assessment of myself :razz:

worcej

#1225 Post by worcej » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:18 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:22 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:02 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:58 pm

I feel like everyone still thinks I'm a shitty player even tho I have changed a lot and idk I just feel like I'm never going to not be looked at the person who sandbagged and what not even tho I have taken steps to find a playstyle I enjoy and excel in.
I missed this - why do you think we think you’re shitty? I honestly don’t think anyone thinks that.
"sabi hasn't changed /they are asking empty questions/they are being performative"

Kinda fucking hurts and idk I'm in my feelings because I thought I have improved.
I mean, you've changed - your asking significantly less empty questions in my eyes. If it matters, 2 beers into my PF2E game, I cannot remember a specific question you asked that was empty.

worcej

#1226 Post by worcej » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:19 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:23 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:10 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:07 pm

Because I struggle with how to share my thoughts organically. It's a skill issue on my part. Besides that it helps me think about the game differently if I'm asked questions I didn't consider.
Legit question: what do you mean by organically?

Why not just do a read list and just say it as it is - that’s not organic but at least it’s authentic and doesn’t need us to pry.
I do reads list but people mocked it because I said vibes even tho the gist is that it was a reads list but I wasn't confident in alignment for people that I felt weren't towny.

I just don't know how to put my thoughts in posts sometimes. I spit out my thoughts in posts and people just ignore me per usual
Again, FWIW, it's due to volume of posts that I miss your comments. Hard to keep track of them when you post over 100+ times a phase.

worcej

#1227 Post by worcej » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:20 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:26 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:12 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:12 pm

Worcej bad take. Town confirmed.
What thing is a higher oooof than that!?
That was the game's single basedest take.
I guess now I'm the biggest ooof

worcej

#1228 Post by worcej » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:22 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:33 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

Jkjk

Actual questions

worcej is just like that. He's a moth and he likes to hover anyone that is is being a source of light aka attention grabby in a thread. I think he's been the only attack on you
besides my role card, idk. My whole argument with eden has me second guessing how I play and like maybe I never improved and I just suck lol
Answer in orange
Don't doubt yourself. Be unapologetic in being you. Eventually people learn that you being you is town and that they are just misreading you and they stop trying to push bad lines of attack.
You were not here when Sabi utterly fooled people into towning them when they were scum.

BesharamSabi

#1229 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:24 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:17 am
worcej wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:07 pm

Because I struggle with how to share my thoughts organically. It's a skill issue on my part. Besides that it helps me think about the game differently if I'm asked questions I didn't consider.

Why not just do a read list and just say it as it is - that’s not organic but at least it’s authentic and doesn’t need us to pry.
This whole organic talk is a thing I understand on a persoan level. I can scatterbounce around a casual conversation, and sometimes struggled with engaging in a dialogue that feels organic and not unnatural. For some reason I have no difficulty writing character dialogue though.
pyxxy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:35 pm
I expect Sabi have genuine and strong concern for the new players having a good first experience in webdip mafia.

But it feels like an unbalanced reaction between defending Neon vs. caring about Rumi? It just feels like Sabi is treating the two new webdippees differently.

Rumi feels like an afterthought to keep up appearances :cry:
Okay, this one I have a theory about

So there was a partt in the first 10 or 20 pages where Sabi declaratively said "Neon is not town" and offered no further elaboration or explanation at the time on why they hold this opinion, and ignored me when I mentioned it. I'm not really able to tell town and scum apart too adeptly, but the whole statement "She is town" thing with no explanation why it was believed so declaratively (that she is probably is is irrelevent to this argument), and combiuned with some of hte other things, it comes off as Sabi really really wanting to believe in Neon.
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:02 pm
I actually think you're one of the best players I've ever played with and like your in my top 3 people to play with play style wise. Don't change Sabi your great <3
I lowkey suspect that they might be more than just friends nad that there's personal subtext between the two.

On the subject of the two of them, pages and pages ago, when I commented that Neon was defending herself by being defenseive, she mentioned that defensiveness was part of her scum meta and that as town its NAI. (I don't have an exact quote on this one available to me, and it might have been said by Sabi, my memory is kinda fried from earlier)

Does anyone have thoughts on this statement? That I mention she's being overly defenseive and then she's all "defensiveness is my scum meta, but its NAI as twon" when its mentioend?
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:46 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:44 pm

He's not memes because eden is an actually one of the best mafia players I know so that's why I'm just annoyed and tunneled on his slot. I don't even think he's omgus-ing me. He genuinely thinks I am not town.
I feel I have been very consistent in saying you have not distinguished yourself as town or mafia, but maybe not enough. So I will say it again lol.
It feels like some of the back and forth between Eden and Sabi has settled down, I admit I've forgotten the last eight pages of text I read while catching up before I started typing this, but I'm not entirely certain it has and Sabi is still voting for Eden.

Did they have some kind of agree to disagree moment? I need a more conceret explanation on how all that resolved.
Okay lets breakthis down:

I never said neon wasn't town
. I said neon was town. I explained my read that she was town because overall her vibes and tone and genuine pure Ness was similar to our previous game.

neon and I are just friends. Neon has a partner and I'm very much not in mindset for any relationship. This is just purely friendship. We are mafia twin flames. She gets me. I get her. There's two players I meant that I have this with.

I got too busy to change vote. I'm not entirely sure if eden is out of his wolf range yet so I am keeping my vote there till he starts town telling.

President Eden

#1230 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:26 am

Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:01 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:50 am
Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:45 am

Your focus on insulting everyone who votes you is so weird. I’m forced to view it as NAI because it’s not really beneficial as either alignment. I guess the focus on how untouchable you’re supposed to be and how a wagon on you needs to be airtight suggests the kind of ego posting that could come from town. But mostly it’s just exhausting to read
I’m just teasing you because you came in like a big shot and haven’t delivered. You seem like the type that would enjoy that kind of banter and would feel extra motivated to stick it to somebody who’s messing with you.
Normally I would and I appreciate what you and Bona are doing with this angle. This game was just pushing too much for my workload, I blame Sabi. I’m trying to level with you here to cut to what hoping to get in the time I have (I’m already on my phone with a guest at my place, like a mongrel).

But making the best of it, what I think I’m really looking for is some stuff in this game that doesn’t rely on meta. Meta is a powerful tool, but one I can’t rely on. A specific quote or two as to how they are “going with the flow”. If you have those prepared, I’ll take them. Otherwise, I can spend most of my time ISOing, but I won’t be done with that for a while.
I’ll be honest, most of my reads on most people here are going to be meta-driven because I’ve known a lot of these people for forever. Stripping away meta context you shouldn’t be particularly moved by my read on Chaqa bc he’s not abnormal relative to the rest of the thread, only relative to what I’ve seen of past town play.

now enjoy your guest, we can catch up later, we’re not killing each other d1 :grin:

BesharamSabi

#1231 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:27 am

Chaqa wrote:
Also I'm like not sure if you're missing my opinions or what, but I've been making reads this whole time. I'm pretty confident that Sabi, Vecna, and you are town, and that gin Rumi is scum.
Why do you think eden is shading you

President Eden

#1232 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:30 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:27 am
Chaqa wrote:
Also I’m like not sure if you’re missing my opinions or what, but I’ve been making reads this whole time. I’m pretty confident that Sabi, Vecna, and you are town, and that gin Rumi is scum.
Why do you think eden is shading you
Great question, that guy is so cryptic, he never explains anything!

BesharamSabi

#1233 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:30 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:17 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

Jkjk

Actual questions

Answer in orange
I resent this assessment of myself :razz:
But am I wrong

BesharamSabi

#1234 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:31 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:26 am
Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:01 am
President Eden wrote:

I’m just teasing you because you came in like a big shot and haven’t delivered. You seem like the type that would enjoy that kind of banter and would feel extra motivated to stick it to somebody who’s messing with you.
Normally I would and I appreciate what you and Bona are doing with this angle. This game was just pushing too much for my workload, I blame Sabi. I’m trying to level with you here to cut to what hoping to get in the time I have (I’m already on my phone with a guest at my place, like a mongrel).

But making the best of it, what I think I’m really looking for is some stuff in this game that doesn’t rely on meta. Meta is a powerful tool, but one I can’t rely on. A specific quote or two as to how they are “going with the flow”. If you have those prepared, I’ll take them. Otherwise, I can spend most of my time ISOing, but I won’t be done with that for a while.
I’ll be honest, most of my reads on most people here are going to be meta-driven because I’ve known a lot of these people for forever. Stripping away meta context you shouldn’t be particularly moved by my read on Chaqa bc he’s not abnormal relative to the rest of the thread, only relative to what I’ve seen of past town play.

now enjoy your guest, we can catch up later, we’re not killing each other d1 :grin:
Eden time to make current game related reads since there's new people

Byz

#1235 Post by Byz » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:31 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:11 am
@Byz/Justin what are your thoughts on these posts

viewtopic.php?p=306602#p306602

viewtopic.php?p=306610#p306610
That is... Genuinely really weird. Especially if it was 7/10 posts. I don't even really understand why celaph acts that way towards my slot as scum. Unless they were starting to fear up to create a "progression" leading to voting me.

So now I gotta ISO celaph AND Chaqa

worcej

#1236 Post by worcej » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:32 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:34 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
worcej wrote:

I do reads list but people mocked it because I said vibes even tho the gist is that it was a reads list but I wasn't confident in alignment for people that I felt weren't towny.

I just don't know how to put my thoughts in posts sometimes. I spit out my thoughts in posts and people just ignore me per usual
Vibes is valid I don't care what people say.

Vibe reads from a player named sparkles won us a game I believe in vibe checks
I agree for early game, but if vibes are still included in the 2nd half of a game that's rather inexcusable.

BesharamSabi

#1237 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:32 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:19 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
worcej wrote:

Again, FWIW, it's due to volume of posts that I miss your comments. Hard to keep track of them when you post over 100+ times a phase.
I apologize. Atleast more of my post are content related and not shitposts

Rumi Tobari

#1238 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:33 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:24 am

I never said neon wasn't town
. I said neon was town. I explained my read that she was town because overall her vibes and tone and genuine pure Ness was similar to our previous game.
That was a mistype and I didn't catch it.

Byz

#1239 Post by Byz » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:33 am

And now it seems like everyone is talking about my slot lol. That's a lot of players telling me I am either obv scum or townslipped

Nice to be popular, I guess

BesharamSabi

#1240 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:35 am

OK I think I caught up.

I think Byz is a townlean. I isoed them during my timeout and his posts look good. I will wait till D2 till he delivers the goodz. Brad hyped him up for me so I want to see if he matches it.

Celaph I might have been premature in giving him a townread after seeing neon case on him.

Vecna looks good, townread for now. We mindmelded a bit (which I'm aware means nothing for yalls read on him).