MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Temasek22

Re: MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

#621 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:33 am

##unvote

bozotheclown

#622 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:33 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:27 am
ND wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:25 pm
##VOTE XORXES

XORXES IS CLAIMING TO BE THE CAPTAIN LITERALLY THE ONLY ROLE IN THIS GAME THAT CAN BE VERIFIED BY THE GM’S.

I don’t understand why anyone would claim their roles in a mass claim in a situation where the guy pushing for it and who has ‘claimed’ won’t use his power to verify his role. Why? Why would you follow this?

Ask yourself, why won’t he verify if he is pushing a mass claim and is the captain role? It’s either because he CAN’T or ??? fill in the blank because I don’t see why the Captain claiming his role doesn’t just verify it. That is so fishy.

If he is mafia then guess what he just flushed out PRs and is getting away with it. If he is mafia he just made a huge play and won big. Think about that for a second.

If he is the Captain, then verify the role @Xorxes and I’ll claim mine and retract the vote obviously, but the way I see it you just pulled a huge fast one and got away with it clean.

I can’t believe anyone in their right mind would follow that.

PLEASE DO NOT CLAIM UNTIL HE VERIFIES. VOTE XORXES UNTIL HE VERIFIES HIS ROLE.
ND speaking some real truth. If I were the more expendable scum this is a good way to sacrifice 1 to get a lot of targets.
The mass claim xorxes is pushing through clearly benefits town in my opinion, and even if it did not, there is no way a mafia would reveal themselves D1 to get a mass claim.

bozotheclown

#623 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:37 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:28 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:23 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:29 pm
=========
Claimed PR
=========
xorx
teac
darg
Tom Bombadil

=========
Claimed VT
=========
chaq
emc
I support the mass claim, although it would have been nice to have some consensus on it before proceeding. Have a majority voted in favor of a mass claim yet?
@bozo - from my reckoning, besides the 6 people who have already claimed, there's 3 (including you) who have supported but are on the sidelines until a larger number voice their feelings. Another 3 that are hard against. And then a whole slew who haven't made their feelings clear.
Thanks, I think if the current vote would be 9-3, we should just go ahead with it.

=========
Claimed PR
=========
xorx
teac
darg
Tom Bombadil

=========
Claimed VT
=========
chaq
emc
bozo

BunnyGo

#624 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:37 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:31 pm
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:17 pm
Xorxes, I will claim when we get enough people in agreement that will corner the scum. However, we have 8-9 people that are either sitting on the sidelines or have voiced hard "no"s to the massclaim. Anything less than 15 people participating, and we likely won't get enough PR claims to make any use of this information. Revealing prematurely while we have holdouts/lurkers will only help the scum going into the night phase.
The Vig will shoot someone who hasn't claimed PR, so all PRs should make sure they have claimed PR.

Slightly less important, but also relevant, the Cop will scan someone who hasn't claim PR. PRs should claim so that the copscan is not wasted on them.
Are YOU the vig? YOU know what the vig is thinking? YOU know whether the vig is even on board with this moronic plan?

Claiming VT or PR is stupid. I refuse to claim either. I will claim the following:

IF (hypothetically only) I were a PR, then I would learn nothing by this experiment. If just one scum claims PR then nobody knows who to counterclaim. It’s all as productive as masturbation: feels good but had no chance of influencing anyone else.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#625 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:39 am

Rivera also claimed PR.

I’m out for the night at New Years sfuff. Have a safe night all!

bozotheclown

#626 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:41 am

=========
Claimed PR
=========
xorx
teac
darg
Tom Bombadil
rdrivera

=========
Claimed VT
=========
chaq
emc
bozo

Temasek22

#628 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:44 am

I think I know what's going on now.

Sorry for doubting you xorxes.

=========
Claimed PR
=========
xorx
teac
darg
Tom Bombadil

=========
Claimed VT
=========
chaq
emc
bozo
Tem

BunnyGo

#629 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:00 am

I still have no clue why this is worth anything. The scum can easily hide in the two groups. Why are we not waiting for consensus. This all smells bad to me. And I’m drinking now, so Drunk Bunny (TM) doesn’t get it either.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#630 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:04 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:00 am
I still have no clue why this is worth anything. The scum can easily hide in the two groups. Why are we not waiting for consensus. This all smells bad to me. And I’m drinking now, so Drunk Bunny (TM) doesn’t get it either.
Because we can limit our actions to the group who doesn’t claim PR, or if too many people claim PR we can start CCing. It works best if more and more people claim - were already to the point it’s quite anti-town to hold out, with four or five people having outed themselves

BunnyGo

#631 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:08 am

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:04 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Because we can limit our actions to the group who doesn’t claim PR, or if too many people claim PR we can start CCing. It works best if more and more people claim - were already to the point it’s quite anti-town to hold out, with four or five people having outed themselves
It’s quite anti-town to do this when it’s stupid and not everyone agrees. And just pointing out the problems with this isn’t anti-town or scum helping. It’s trying to stop town from fucking up the whole game. I stand by my non-claim and boo-fucking-hoo if it screws up your self-proclaimed mass claim.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#632 Post by goldfinger0303 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:11 am

I wouldn't say we're to that point yet, Chaqa. There will come a point in time as more people chime in when it is anti-town, but even now the current list is of dubious value to town or scum.

ND

#633 Post by ND » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:25 am

No if Xorxes is something expendable then it makes sense for him to do this. If this is a scum tactic he has already flushed a lot of PRs out and thus makes them much more likely to get a clear shot. It's fucking stupid to say what your role is when the guy leading it is claiming captain and won't fucking GM verify it.

ND

#634 Post by ND » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:26 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:08 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:04 am
BunnyGo wrote:
It’s quite anti-town to do this when it’s stupid and not everyone agrees. And just pointing out the problems with this isn’t anti-town or scum helping. It’s trying to stop town from fucking up the whole game. I stand by my non-claim and boo-fucking-hoo if it screws up your self-proclaimed mass claim.
Chaqa has been playing an anti-town game. It's not surprising.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#635 Post by peterlund » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:31 am

ND wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:25 pm
PLEASE DO NOT CLAIM UNTIL HE VERIFIES. VOTE XORXES UNTIL HE VERIFIES HIS ROLE.
ND is making lots of sense! ##vote xorxes until the GM confirms his Captain claim. And in case Xorxes retracts his claim, I will surely stay on him until EoD, since this whole mass-claim gambit in that case only can be scum/reaver motivated.

Happy New year btw!! We over here are 2 and a half hour already into 2020...

Kitsune

#636 Post by Kitsune » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:31 am

It was the roaches that first drew her attention to it. Great brown bugs where there shouldn’t be anything for them to eat. Gorram Jayne and his gorram snacks. If she didn’t clean out whatever they were eating, the insects could get into the wiring and short out something critical.

“I am not his ruttin maid!” Kaylee swore as she followed them into an isolated service compartment - and stopped, her eyes wide. Half a dozen knifes. A gobbet of flesh, and a length of skin that some poor sod had to be missing. A pool of blood, still fresh. It all added up to one thing, and she bolted from the compartment headed for the Bridge.

“Mal? Mal?! I think we’ve got Reavers aboard!”

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#637 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:57 am

Kitsune wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:31 am
It was the roaches that first drew her attention to it. Great brown bugs where there shouldn’t be anything for them to eat. Gorram Jayne and his gorram snacks. If she didn’t clean out whatever they were eating, the insects could get into the wiring and short out something critical.

“I am not his ruttin maid!” Kaylee swore as she followed them into an isolated service compartment - and stopped, her eyes wide. Half a dozen knifes. A gobbet of flesh, and a length of skin that some poor sod had to be missing. A pool of blood, still fresh. It all added up to one thing, and she bolted from the compartment headed for the Bridge.

##CallGM: what does dis mean?

Kitsune

#638 Post by Kitsune » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:04 am

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:57 am
Kitsune wrote:

First level Reaver press violation.

BunnyGo

#639 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:25 am

Kitsune wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:04 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:57 am
Kitsune wrote:

First level Reaver press violation.
Sadly we don’t know if this means:

1) someone who was posting did something they shouldn’t

Or

B) there’s a different posting requirement and a non-poster hasn’t met it

Temasek22

#640 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:30 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:25 am