Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Jamiet99uk
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 541
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2341 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:33 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:26 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:22 pm
@LordQuas:

That is actually the most plausible explanation I have read, as to why I am somehow still alive.

##VOTE DAMO666
why did you vote damo after that then >.>
I buy your argument that Fox could be SK.
I believe the general view is that we don't lynch SK until tomorrow.
So, I vote for my top scumread.
If it's not Fox then it's Damo.

LordQuas
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:47 am
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2342 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:34 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:33 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:26 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:22 pm
@LordQuas:

That is actually the most plausible explanation I have read, as to why I am somehow still alive.

##VOTE DAMO666
why did you vote damo after that then >.>
I buy your argument that Fox could be SK.
I believe the general view is that we don't lynch SK until tomorrow.
So, I vote for my top scumread.
If it's not Fox then it's Damo.
did you see my proposal about No Lynching?

brainbomb
Posts: 5143
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Darmor
Karma: 538

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2343 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:40 pm

Vote Count Day 4.3

damo666 (3) Nephthys Foxcastle Jamiet99uk
LordQuas (3) worcej damo666 DemonRHK
No‑Lynch (1) LordQuas
Foxcastle (1) bozotheclown

End-votes (0/5)

Non-votes
Durga

27 hours remain
No one is scheduled to die

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 541
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2344 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:41 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:34 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:33 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:26 pm


why did you vote damo after that then >.>
I buy your argument that Fox could be SK.
I believe the general view is that we don't lynch SK until tomorrow.
So, I vote for my top scumread.
If it's not Fox then it's Damo.
did you see my proposal about No Lynching?
I saw it.

I am not sure about it.

LordQuas
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:47 am
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2345 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:06 pm

##Call GM Worce voted no lynch in his last post it just didn't register with da bot

http://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3/ ... 715#p53715

LordQuas
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:47 am
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2346 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:06 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:41 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:34 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:33 pm


I buy your argument that Fox could be SK.
I believe the general view is that we don't lynch SK until tomorrow.
So, I vote for my top scumread.
If it's not Fox then it's Damo.
did you see my proposal about No Lynching?
I saw it.

I am not sure about it.
in what way?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 541
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2347 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 pm

LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:06 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:41 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:34 pm


did you see my proposal about No Lynching?
I saw it.

I am not sure about it.
in what way?
In the way that I feel strongly Damo is scum and I would like to lynch him. I note your argument. I need a think. There is time.

LordQuas
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:47 am
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2348 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 pm
LordQuas wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:06 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:41 pm


I saw it.

I am not sure about it.
in what way?
In the way that I feel strongly Damo is scum and I would like to lynch him. I note your argument. I need a think. There is time.
ok sounds good to me

LordQuas
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:47 am
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2349 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:29 pm

ok I'm gonna be watching an hour long documentary part one on islam so farewell

Nephthys
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:47 am
Karma: 16

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2350 Post by Nephthys » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:03 pm

##No-lynch.

I think this is wise.

worcej
Posts: 1172
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 50

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2351 Post by worcej » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:13 pm

Nephthys wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:03 pm
##No-lynch.

I think this is wise.
In the off chance my vote wasn't registered, I'll do it again.

##No-lynch

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 541
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2352 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:26 pm

Uh, Netflix? Uh, Worcej?

You have to use the word "Vote" or it's not a valid vote.

LordQuas
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:47 am
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2353 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:26 pm
Uh, Netflix? Uh, Worcej?

You have to use the word "Vote" or it's not a valid vote.
looool apparently none of us can vote correctly

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 541
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2354 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:27 pm

As in:

$$Vote No-lynch.

worcej
Posts: 1172
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 50

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2355 Post by worcej » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 pm
In the way that I feel strongly Damo is scum and I would like to lynch him. I note your argument. I need a think. There is time.
Just to help, since you are confirmed town, there is no way D5 heads to town being a minority if we no lynch. (note: I don't count the SK for or against the town, since they are personally motivated).

Assuming a No lynch happens into N4, it's still 5-3-1 going into N4.
If the NK hits a town and the SK hits a town, we are at 3-3-1
If the NK hits a town and the SK hits a scum, we are at 4-2-1
If the NK hits the SK and the SK hits a town, we are at 4-3-1
If the NK hits the SK and the SK hits a scum, we are at 5-2-1

All of these results still allow us to win.

If we mislynch now on D4, it's 4-3-1 going into N4. This makes the 4 options above become this:
If the NK hits a town and the SK hits a town, we are at 2-3-1 - we have effectively lost.
If the NK hits a town and the SK hits a scum, we are at 3-2-1
If the NK hits the SK and the SK hits a town, we are at 3-3-1
If the NK hits the SK and the SK hits a scum, we are at 4-2-1

Obviously, if we hit a scum now it's 5-2-1 into night, which is the best situation for us, but it's still a gamble. I don't like our situation with Foxcastle, who I agree could be the SK but I think that would be a weird way to play it, which would be putting possibly two towns up for lynch today. Then again, he could also be telling the truth and then there is for sure a scum in Lord and Damo.

I like letting scum and the SK lower our pool of lynch targets lower for D5, which would possibly provide some clarity on who the scum and SK are for us to get.

worcej
Posts: 1172
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 50

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2356 Post by worcej » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:27 pm
As in:

$$Vote No-lynch.
Durp...

##vote No-lynch

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 541
Contact:

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2357 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:34 pm

If we agree on no lynch, is there any reason to also hammer?

LordQuas
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:47 am
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2358 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:34 pm
If we agree on no lynch, is there any reason to also hammer?
no, we still have to discuss to try and guide the SK's NK

LordQuas
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:47 am
Karma: 70

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2359 Post by LordQuas » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:37 pm

oh also if foxc IS actually town doctor, he's unblocked tonight and gets a chance to heal someone

ALSO we get another scan from jamie

Foxcastle
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 208

Re: Mafia 41 - Sid Meiers Civilizaton Mafia - Official Game Thread

#2360 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:43 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:29 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 pm
In the way that I feel strongly Damo is scum and I would like to lynch him. I note your argument. I need a think. There is time.
Just to help, since you are confirmed town, there is no way D5 heads to town being a minority if we no lynch. (note: I don't count the SK for or against the town, since they are personally motivated).

Assuming a No lynch happens into N4, it's still 5-3-1 going into N4.
If the NK hits a town and the SK hits a town, we are at 3-3-1
If the NK hits a town and the SK hits a scum, we are at 4-2-1
If the NK hits the SK and the SK hits a town, we are at 4-3-1
If the NK hits the SK and the SK hits a scum, we are at 5-2-1

All of these results still allow us to win.

If we mislynch now on D4, it's 4-3-1 going into N4. This makes the 4 options above become this:
If the NK hits a town and the SK hits a town, we are at 2-3-1 - we have effectively lost.
If the NK hits a town and the SK hits a scum, we are at 3-2-1
If the NK hits the SK and the SK hits a town, we are at 3-3-1
If the NK hits the SK and the SK hits a scum, we are at 4-2-1

Obviously, if we hit a scum now it's 5-2-1 into night, which is the best situation for us, but it's still a gamble. I don't like our situation with Foxcastle, who I agree could be the SK but I think that would be a weird way to play it, which would be putting possibly two towns up for lynch today. Then again, he could also be telling the truth and then there is for sure a scum in Lord and Damo.

I like letting scum and the SK lower our pool of lynch targets lower for D5, which would possibly provide some clarity on who the scum and SK are for us to get.
This is very helpful and is close to convincing me on No Lynch.

Here's what I want to think about: if No Lynch is the best option for Town, what's to prevent SK and Mafia from just holding their kills and preventing Town from reaping the benefit of their actions?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: damo666 and 0 guests