Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#1381 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:22 am

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:42 am
So, although Moscow ended up being shot, that wagon grew really fast and competed with the emc wagon for top spot. Arguably Moscow might have been lynched if they hadn't been shot, as Moscow was making some cogent arguments near the end and yet that didn't seem to convince quite everyone to move off the Wagon of Policy, and so... I'm going to assume there was at least one scum on that wagon. rdr and arguably ItsHosuke are town, so that leaves Jamie, bozo, Percy and Vaporwave.

Jamie was super aggressive in demanding a policy lynch on Moscow as being more logical a policy than emc. I thought it was kind of bananas but not necessarily scummy.

I didn't really notice this when I iso'd Percy before, but this is how Percy followed up Jamie's vehemence and joined the wagon:
Percy Williams wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:53 pm
I was about to make a similar (but much less aggressive) post after I caught up, But Jamiet beat me to it.
##Vote Moscowfleet
Then rdr voted, then bozo jumped in with a vote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:16 am
##VOTE MoscowFleet

It would not surprise me if Jamie is bussing MoscowFleet.
I get really townie vibes from bozo, but... this is just WIFOM, isn't it? Moscow is scum because scum!Jamie is bussing Moscow? bozo, was there something previously that pinged you about Jamie and made you think they were scum that could therefore be bussing?

Then ItsHosuke voted, then Vaporwave:
Vaporwave wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:27 am
##VOTE MoscowFleet

a mixture of weak reasons, but it's D1 and I think that if a guy needs to be punished for his posting style, then it's him

+ I love e.m.c and we need more of him
Policy vote and defending emc by building a counter-wagon... okay.

Jamie then unvoted and moved to damo when Moscow had posted adequately and Vaporwave moved to dargorygel apparently deciding that the policy lynch would not be effective.

Arguably scum!Jamie could've run off once the wagon was well built, but I am most interested in Percy and bozo's approaches here. Percy seemed to slide in and effectively claimed they have the same argument as Jamie, rather than producing their own argument (and then didn't change opinions once Moscow provided some interesting content), and bozo's argument doesn't actually sound like an argument, just a reason to be voting. I feel like I must be missing something with bozo here... but maybe that is my bias towards his/her style. Percy seems scummy again when I see how they jumped on the wagon.
I did not like Jamie's strong push to lynch Moscow, I thought he could be bussing Moscow in that situation. Since no one else was interested in voting for Jamie at that time, I switched my vote to Moscow.

bozotheclown

#1382 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:28 am

xorxes wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:23 am
Hosuke, Percy and damo get a temporary pass until their claims are verified or disproven.
I do not agree with giving damo a pass.

bozotheclown

#1383 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:32 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:01 am
Oh btw, I read an article on MU recently that talked about everyone sharing their fake seer peeks to allow the real seer to share their reads without having to out themself.

It could be as subtle as 'strongly' town reading someone after the night, to something more overt like, "if I were seer, I would have checked X." If everyone does it, it gives smokescreen for the real seer (or investigatives for this game) to do the same thing and share reads in case they get picked off.

Has webdip maf ever tried this? If so, how did it play out? If no, what are everyone's thoughts on it? We'd need close to a majority decision on it bcz of the reliance on the smokescreen effect.
This was tried somewhat in a game once, although everyone was not participating because there was no consensus about it first. Here however, Percy has already claimed role cop, and it does not go into effect until N4.

EspressoPatronum

#1384 Post by EspressoPatronum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:43 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:32 am
EspressoPatronum wrote:
Oh btw, I read an article on MU recently that talked about everyone sharing their fake seer peeks to allow the real seer to share their reads without having to out themself.

It could be as subtle as 'strongly' town reading someone after the night, to something more overt like, "if I were seer, I would have checked X." If everyone does it, it gives smokescreen for the real seer (or investigatives for this game) to do the same thing and share reads in case they get picked off.

Has webdip maf ever tried this? If so, how did it play out? If no, what are everyone's thoughts on it? We'd need close to a majority decision on it bcz of the reliance on the smokescreen effect.
This was tried somewhat in a game once, although everyone was not participating because there was no consensus about it first. Here however, Percy has already claimed role cop, and it does not go into effect until N4.
True, and the watcher is dead.

We potentially still have a tracker and doctor that could benefit from a smokescreen. Maybe jailer as well, but people tend to claim roleblocks.

EspressoPatronum

#1385 Post by EspressoPatronum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:46 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:43 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:32 am
EspressoPatronum wrote:

True, and the watcher is dead.

We potentially still have a tracker and doctor that could benefit from a smokescreen. Maybe jailer as well, but people tend to claim roleblocks.
The Divine Presence is another smokescreen candidate.

ItsHosuke

#1386 Post by ItsHosuke » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:57 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:50 pm
@ItsHosuke: Has your fellow Mason spoken to you yet?

Please don't tell us who you think it is, just answer the above question YES or NO, if you please.
@Jamiet99uk: YES, he has. Although our conversations aren't as long as we would like them to be due to timezones.

ItsHosuke

#1387 Post by ItsHosuke » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:59 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:25 am
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:24 pm
notice the players with no opinions rn?
vecna
xorx
fox
espresso
hotsuke
Fair point on the callout. I work 9-5 EST, so I'll miss every EOD that lands on a weekday.

Tonight was particularly busy, so I haven't had time to catch up until now. Will do a full catchup post once I'm current.
Hmm, although I have done some research, I'm still pretty new, and am a follower IRL, so I don't really have any opinions of my own. Also, @brainbomb there's no 't' between 'o' and 's' :P

ItsHosuke

#1388 Post by ItsHosuke » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:01 am

flash2015 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:06 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:52 pm
Hey, what's the difference between Flash, and a potato?
I am definitely not brown on the outside, white on the inside. You know that some Asians call each other potato (or banana) as an insult, don't you?

Anyway, sorry I haven't been around much. I must have picked up something while overseas...and haven't been able to really concentrate well yesterday or today (it feels like I am trying to barf up a lung).

Having said that, I did read back a bit what happened at end of day. If there was anything that stood out I didn't like the way bo pushed rdr to rush the vig shot. As we saw it didn't work out too well. If there is a wagon tomorrow on bo, I would be happy to join.
Suprised to see someone else know the potato/banana insult :P

Vecna

#1389 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:07 am

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:58 pm
also what the fuck is the deal with the harpy eagle role.
it says its vanilla town but then says its also a night vig.

is this a mistake?
already corrected, read down

Vecna

#1390 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:15 am

xorxes wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:26 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:30 pm
percy, jamiet, xorxes, damo, emc

at least 3 scum there
If you're still suspecting Percy after his claim that only confirms my hunch that you're scum.

damo also made some pretty specific claims that suggest he is town, and in any case should not be lynched in the near future.

I haven't seen anything from emc to change my scumlean on him, and Jamiet is a null for now.
the fact you keep making dreadfull posts like this only further confirms we did not get town leader xorxes.

How does percy making a weakass claim when he was under no direct pressure make him town? Town would be indignant if they were a strong pr and got wrongly scumread. This was just scum survival. The fact jamiet freaked out just fits in a world where he realized his scummate juat claimed a role that needs to be nightkilled.

But hey, lets see if he dies tonight right? A rolecop. With most coming nights having protectives. Tonigjt is probably scums only chance to kill him to avoid getting a clear or a guilty.

Vecna

#1391 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:16 am

xorxes wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:36 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:46 pm
anyways, the lynch is w/e. im just pissed over the vig shot and certain dumbasses pressuring rdrivera in shooting one of the obvtowns.

such a colossal waste
Moscow was far from obvtown, he was always a vig-shot candidate and did little to make it clear to rivera that shooting him would be a mistake, so I don't blame that part on rivera.

The pressuring for him to shoot I think was also warranted. Once he claimed, he commited to shoot today and should probably have done so earlier and given the target a little more time to react.
he was obv-town from the moment he started posting

Vecna

#1392 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:17 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:48 pm
@Worcej: The role cop only becomes active on Night 4 onwards. That's why Percy's claim is particularly unfortunate.
the exact reason why town would be a lot more carefull when and how to claim it. This last.minute move always smells of scum and just further fits.

damo666

#1393 Post by damo666 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:20 am

Vapor is very probably town

Vecna

#1394 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:24 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:34 pm
Xorxes' recent series of posts are ultra town.
no theyre not. The only.spicy stance he had was attacking me. The rest is all run off the mill mechanics or trivial statements that do not advance the gamestate whatsoever.

Town xorxes knows he will die soon and tries to direct people in the right direction, to make sure town lynches the correct people after he dies.

Scum xorxes just tries to post, so people think hes posting and thus he must be town.

Now, scum damo, try again.

which of the two is it here?

Vecna

#1395 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:27 am

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:27 pm
xorxes so far has been less about discussion and more sermonly suppression.

he tends to just thrust his read on something and tries to extinguish further discussion on a topic. if you disagree he just fits you into his scumreads.

it comes off as the grouchiest form of power wolfing where you dont leave any room for yourself to even be scrutinized.

you need to learn how to knock this motherfucker down to his knees or he will just crush town this game
ding ding ding

damo666

#1396 Post by damo666 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:27 am

Vecna wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:24 am
damo666 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:34 pm
Xorxes' recent series of posts are ultra town.
no theyre not. The only.spicy stance he had was attacking me. The rest is all run off the mill mechanics or trivial statements that do not advance the gamestate whatsoever.

Town xorxes knows he will die soon and tries to direct people in the right direction, to make sure town lynches the correct people after he dies.

Scum xorxes just tries to post, so people think hes posting and thus he must be town.

Now, scum damo, try again.

which of the two is it here?
Town damo, town Xorxes, town Vecna

damo666

#1397 Post by damo666 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:30 am

Scumteam guess #1 Bozo Darg Jamie Food Percy

Vecna

#1398 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:33 am

xorxes wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:23 am
Hosuke, Percy and damo get a temporary pass until their claims are verified or disproven.
how convenient

Vecna

#1399 Post by Vecna » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:40 am

EspressoPatronum wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:43 am
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:50 am
Hm, both vapor and xorxes have vecna on their potential scumlist, but don't think we've seen a 'why'? Or at least insinuated it.
Probably macro reads. I'm also scumleaning Vecna, but no single post of his has jumped out at me as super scummy.

It's more a feeling from his posts as a whole.
So how do you combine that with the fact youre also scumreading percy?

Oh this guy has the same crusade as me, but somehow I still think hes scum?

kinda odd

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1400 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:47 am

My head is killing me from a long birthday. Gonna go crash, but I'll try to post some reads before the phase shift if I'm alive by then