Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction, Sign Ups

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
FlaviusAetius

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction, Sign Ups

#241 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:34 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:52 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:10 pm
Chippe: it doesn’t matter that they were “harmless”, you broke the rules.
For the heinous crime of dead posting without any access to the God thread...

Every experienced player has made a harmless deadpost like that, so what's with the double standard?

In fact, you yourself have deadposted Fox:

In Mafia 37, you tried getting (as scum) a Townie mislynched, AFTER the Day had ended (in which you got lynched):
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:00 pm
FUCK YOU SQUIGGS

YOU'RE A SHIT TEAMAMT
That accidental deadpost was far more impactful on the game than my two intentional harmless deadposts ever were.

I don't recall that affecting your ability to join games and GM two games, do you, Fox?
This is a good point, like really good, @nepthys this has to convince you, why arent we letting in Chippie

brainbomb

#242 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:39 pm

I am playing.
I am in.
Yes.
and no I dont care if chippe is in lol

ChippeRock

#243 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:47 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:39 pm
I am playing.
I am in.
Yes.
I dunno...

You add my name to the player list - and than later admit to be fapping to said player list? Doesn't sound like a coincidence to me...

FlaviusAetius

#244 Post by FlaviusAetius » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:56 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:47 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:39 pm
I am playing.
I am in.
Yes.
I dunno...

You add my name to the player list - and than later admit to be fapping to said player list? Doesn't sound like a coincidence to me...
:3

brainbomb

#245 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:22 pm

well I uh...

oh.look

a giraffe

ND

#246 Post by ND » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:35 pm

We getting a statement or not?

Carl Tuckerson

#247 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:09 am

I just want the tactic banned and I would probably join. I got nothing against Chippe personally. I said in the god qt that I thought he had a good role to play and I just hated the method he used to play it last game.

ChippeRock

#248 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:15 am

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:09 am
I just want the tactic banned and I would probably join. I got nothing against Chippe personally. I said in the god qt that I thought he had a good role to play and I just hated the method he used to play it last game.
Well, there's the solution Neph!

Since I would never be able to effectively use the tactic again (i.e., people wouldn't be stupid enough to perceive the GM's inaction as a confirmation that I'm town), might as well ban it...

Now, if the solution to preventing me from ever doing it again was that easy Neph, why did we even have to do this whole debacle? Makes you wonder about possible ulterior motives...

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#249 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:35 am

I know there are a lot of opinions and ideas being thrown around and one more probably won't help, but I feel like I have some respect in the community, and decent experience (not just on this site but champs and a few mashes) and a somewhat(?) objective opinion on the matter, since I am not playing in this game regardless of what happens with Chippe. So I am going to try to detail out my two cents on the matter, and I hope my ideas are helpful in bridging the two sides of this argument.

First off. Yes, Chippe did deadpost in his first two games. Those are rule violations. He received punishment, and has served his time there. No, Chippe did not break any rules in the most recent game. However, what he did IS against the rules on many other sites, under the category of Angleshooting. The reason that it is against the rules to angleshoot on other sites is because it defeats the purpose of the game, and therefore makes the game less fun for the other players in the game that want to play the game in line with the spirit of the game. This is why people do not want to play with Chippe. Not because he broke any rules, but because he did not play the game in a way that made it fun for others.

All that being said, here it was I think should happen. Any public games on webDip (non-invites) need to be open to anybody who has is not being punished for a previous infraction (this means including Chippe). If it is a public game, excluding specific members defeats the purpose of it being public and targets specific people. If a GM wants to exclude certain people from his/her game, then the game should be an invitational, like the one Durga had. That way certain players do not feel singled out. I personally do not like playing with lurkers, especially people who have a history of subbing out of games, so if I were to do a private game, I would not invite lurkers.

Chippe, I know that nothing you have done has had evil intent, but I think it would help if you tried to understand why people are against playing with you. You keep saying that your actions were the best to help your team win (which is debatable) but I would much rather play the game with a townie who is solving and being positive but gets mislynched over a player that is negative and doesn't solve even if they are lock town. I would rather lose and have fun than win because of angleshooting. In future games, please try to contribute to the fun of the game and not just your own win condition. If you have any questions about how to play in a mafia game this way, feel free to PM me Chippe.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#250 Post by TrPrado » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:35 am

ND wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:35 pm
We getting a statement or not?
Yes, pretty soon. The first draft was typed up shortly after your first post on the matter, but we've slept since then and the situation seems to have spiraled a bit.

brainbomb

#251 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:41 am

we cant ban.angleshooting.
I must be able to call out [baidu spider] for lurking the game thread

ChippeRock

#252 Post by ChippeRock » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:06 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:35 am
I know there are a lot of opinions and ideas being thrown around and one more probably won't help, but I feel like I have some respect in the community, and decent experience (not just on this site but champs and a few mashes) and a somewhat(?) objective opinion on the matter, since I am not playing in this game regardless of what happens with Chippe. So I am going to try to detail out my two cents on the matter, and I hope my ideas are helpful in bridging the two sides of this argument.

First off. Yes, Chippe did deadpost in his first two games. Those are rule violations. He received punishment, and has served his time there. No, Chippe did not break any rules in the most recent game. However, what he did IS against the rules on many other sites, under the category of Angleshooting. The reason that it is against the rules to angleshoot on other sites is because it defeats the purpose of the game, and therefore makes the game less fun for the other players in the game that want to play the game in line with the spirit of the game. This is why people do not want to play with Chippe. Not because he broke any rules, but because he did not play the game in a way that made it fun for others.

All that being said, here it was I think should happen. Any public games on webDip (non-invites) need to be open to anybody who has is not being punished for a previous infraction (this means including Chippe). If it is a public game, excluding specific members defeats the purpose of it being public and targets specific people. If a GM wants to exclude certain people from his/her game, then the game should be an invitational, like the one Durga had. That way certain players do not feel singled out. I personally do not like playing with lurkers, especially people who have a history of subbing out of games, so if I were to do a private game, I would not invite lurkers.

Chippe, I know that nothing you have done has had evil intent, but I think it would help if you tried to understand why people are against playing with you. You keep saying that your actions were the best to help your team win (which is debatable) but I would much rather play the game with a townie who is solving and being positive but gets mislynched over a player that is negative and doesn't solve even if they are lock town. I would rather lose and have fun than win because of angleshooting. In future games, please try to contribute to the fun of the game and not just your own win condition. If you have any questions about how to play in a mafia game this way, feel free to PM me Chippe.
I'm failing to see how I broke the "rule" that link of yours defined...

Please go more in-depth about it, and explain how instituting a rule banning angleshooting will prevent what I did from ever being done again?

FlaviusAetius

#253 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:22 am

I mean he didnt use outside knowledge though he just said
Here's the VT PM, if you are VT, you know I am a town.
When in fact all of those VT and everyone else will be like uhhh what??
And thats what happened

brainbomb

#254 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:29 am

welp heres where Im at rn

so I went on a vacation to Yosemite, saw the golden gate bridge. lots of snowy mountains. went camping at an old army camp in colorado and it snowed. Went to Great Basin. the Tetons. RMNP. 8 days of camping with my dad

got back, had a decent 4th of july. ummmm

what else?
well I play mafia alot of places
hypixel, the center, animebase. I have parted ways with mu.

I admittedly also almost left here but I decided to just step away a while.

A few things I learned is that no matter where I go. people think im fun but a complete lunatic. Every mafia site says I am hard to read, spammy, confusing and annoying. so it wasnt just you guys.

good to know.

I guess I have a flaw in my intellect or personality where I get too invested in games and my personal pride is toxic and overly dramatic.

brainbomb

#255 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:31 am

I dont like feeling like someones pulling a fast one on me. ;)

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#256 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:39 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:06 am
I'm failing to see how I broke the "rule" that link of yours defined...

Please go more in-depth about it, and explain how instituting a rule banning angleshooting will prevent what I did from ever being done again?
I am not advocating banning angleshooting. Enforcing that would be a nightmare. I simply wanted to show you that we (me, Fox, Carl, and others) are not alone in thinking that angleshooting is bad.

Out of game information is not the only way to angleshoot, it is just one of the examples they gave. Let's look at this quote:
"A good rule of thumb is if you're attempting to push a game in a particular direction, and your reasons for doing so are not based on what's directly happened in the game, or meta, you're in the danger zone."

You were pushing the game in a particular direction (trying to get yourself townread), and your methods were not based directly on what happened in the game (you referenced PM's, as well as the opening post, which is not something that happens in the game).

Again, I am not arguing that you are breaking any webDip rules. I am arguing that your actions are not fun to have in a game.

Fluminator

#257 Post by Fluminator » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:40 am

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:22 am
I mean he didnt use outside knowledge though he just said
Here's the VT PM, if you are VT, you know I am a town.
When in fact all of those VT and everyone else will be like uhhh what??
And thats what happened
GMs should always give example VT PMs to prevent this from happening!!!
Did no one learn from M3?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#258 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:43 am

If you want me to argue that you were breaking a rule in that game, this was in the OP of that game:
"To clarify further: Players may not copy and paste any game related Mechanics"

brainbomb

#259 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:44 am

I just got this btw

Next PM in history
Nephys
Role PM
Sent: Fri Jul 11, 2019 8:40 pm
Recipient: brainbomb

You are Divine Presence - Power Stripper, you remove a persons entire power tree. You are not told what you have removed. The player who has their power stripped is told.

Fluminator

#260 Post by Fluminator » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:46 am

Chippe, I'm beginning to get the impression it's less about the rule break and more that people think you're a dick.
Just say you won't be one anymore and I think people would largely drop it?