MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: MAFIA 44: 'DREAMLAND' GAME THREAD

#3221 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:56 am

With all the town PRs exposed, it seems more and more likely that dargorygel was the assassin. That makes Ezio's last possible argument that dargorygel was the real Alien Cop even less likely.

##VOTE Ezio

bozotheclown

#3222 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:59 am

Unfortunately I wasted another cop scan N3 by scanning Ezio. At the time I suspected he was scum instead of the alien, and I thought that if he was cleared of being the alien he would be able to avoid the lynch for a while. Ezio is confirmed as not scum.

bozotheclown

#3223 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:01 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:13 pm
Nephthys wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:45 pm
##vote EMC

tell us exactly how you lived the D2 and I will move my vote.
He said he made it up because he was bored.
I think he just listed that as one of the possibilities. Hopefully emc will be more specific before D5 is over.

bozotheclown

#3224 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:14 am

Percy Williams wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:07 am
Ezio's plan makes sense despite my distrust of him,
( of course occam's razor makes you alien, you literally claimed it).
If we can get a mafia this turn and finally ascertain the alien that would be optimal. Worst case, we lynch a town and find out who the alien is. I think that we need to find two potential mafia, or one mafia, and a safe vote park we plan to overpower for Ezio and End to lock their votes in early on. Movement from that vote demands a lynch next phase. Any preference Ezio/Emc?
Although the plan makes sense if there is any doubt Ezio is the alien, I do not think it is a good idea to let him go into D6 controlling four votes unnecessarily. I would like to hear more from emc soon, though.

Ezio

#3225 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:16 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:56 am
With all the town PRs exposed, it seems more and more likely that dargorygel was the assassin. That makes Ezio's last possible argument that dargorygel was the real Alien Cop even less likely.

##VOTE Ezio
Bozo man. You're better than this.

I absolutely agree. The likelihood of me being alien shouldn't matter for your lynch today. You can PROVE, 100%, without a doubt which one of us is the alien. I understand from your perspective it's INCREDIBLY unlikely I'm not the alien. I can see that.

What you need to consider: what is the cost of waiting the day if I am the alien?

I've explained clearly the ALIEN WILL BE OUTED today. As long as EMC and I are on different wagons, YOU WILL KNOW who the alien is. Why would you guys take the chance, even if it's only 5% I'm actually town?

Why do you guys want to throw away free % points?

Ezio

#3226 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:18 am

Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:16 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:56 am

##VOTE Ezio

I absolutely agree. The likelihood of me being alien shouldn't matter for your lynch today. You can PROVE, 100%, without a doubt which one of us is the alien. I understand from your perspective it's INCREDIBLY unlikely I'm not the alien. I can see that.

What you need to consider: what is the cost of waiting the day if I am the alien?

I've explained clearly the ALIEN WILL BE OUTED today. As long as EMC and I are on different wagons, YOU WILL KNOW who the alien is. Why would you guys take the chance, even if it's only 5% I'm actually town?

Why do you guys want to throw away free % points?
Above should read:
"

I absolutely agree. I'm super likely to be alien here. However, the likelihood of me...

Ezio

#3227 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:20 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:14 am
Percy Williams wrote:
If we can get a mafia this turn and finally ascertain the alien that would be optimal. Worst case, we lynch a town and find out who the alien is. I think that we need to find two potential mafia, or one mafia, and a safe vote park we plan to overpower for Ezio and End to lock their votes in early on. Movement from that vote demands a lynch next phase. Any preference Ezio/Emc?
Although the plan makes sense if there is any doubt Ezio is the alien, I do not think it is a good idea to let him go into D6 controlling four votes unnecessarily. I would like to hear more from emc soon, though.
Why bozo? Why is it a bad idea to let alien go into tomorrow controlling extra votes? The alien will be outed. Everyone will have to lynch the alien to avoid a loss, but it will be a guarantee we hit the alien. There is no actual risk.

bozotheclown

#3228 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:36 am

Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:20 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Percy Williams wrote:
Why bozo? Why is it a bad idea to let alien go into tomorrow controlling extra votes? The alien will be outed. Everyone will have to lynch the alien to avoid a loss, but it will be a guarantee we hit the alien. There is no actual risk.
Here is why. There are 11 players left. After the lynch today there will be 10 players left. If dargorygel was the Alien Cop, that means the assassin is still in play, so two more players could be killed before D6. Therefore, theoretically, we could go into D6 with only 8 players left and the alien controlling 4 votes. If this were to happen, it would guarantee an alien victory.

Ezio

#3229 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:41 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:59 am
Unfortunately I wasted another cop scan N3 by scanning Ezio. At the time I suspected he was scum instead of the alien, and I thought that if he was cleared of being the alien he would be able to avoid the lynch for a while. Ezio is confirmed as not scum.
You didn't waste this scan. You only wasted the scan if town makes a mistake and lynches me.

There is even more incentive to wait here. There is now a HUGE cost if I'm not the alien as we will be throwing away a townclear. For what?

What does town gain from lynching me today instead of tomorrow?

Ezio

#3230 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:42 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:36 am
Ezio wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Here is why. There are 11 players left. After the lynch today there will be 10 players left. If dargorygel was the Alien Cop, that means the assassin is still in play, so two more players could be killed before D6. Therefore, theoretically, we could go into D6 with only 8 players left and the alien controlling 4 votes. If this were to happen, it would guarantee an alien victory.
Percy is bringing back RD and clearing an infection. Not a worry here.

Ezio

#3231 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:45 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Ezio wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Furthermore, if the mafia acted in that way they would be certifiably gamethrowing. I think it's safe to assume the mafia are still trying to win the game and not give it to the alien.

bozotheclown

#3232 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:51 am

Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:42 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Ezio wrote:

The assassin could target Percy before he gets the chance.

bozotheclown

#3233 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:53 am

Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:45 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Ezio wrote:

Furthermore, if the mafia acted in that way they would be certifiably gamethrowing. I think it's safe to assume the mafia are still trying to win the game and not give it to the alien.
Perhaps, but I would not want to put town in the position where we are counting on the assassin.

Ezio

#3234 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:55 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:51 am
Ezio wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

##CALL GM

If the medicine man is killed, whether by the assassin or the NK, before his target for the resurrection song would come back to life if Percy targeted RD this phase, RD will come back at the end of tomorrow night), will RD still come back to life?

Bozo, if the answer is no RD will not come back and mafia still choose to kill Percy, they will be throwing away their chances of winning the game and giving it 100% to the mafia.

If the answer is yes, RD will come back, then there is no problem and we will still have enough votes.

What are you worried about?

bozotheclown

#3235 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:57 am

Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:55 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Ezio wrote:

##CALL GM

If the medicine man is killed, whether by the assassin or the NK, before his target for the resurrection song would come back to life if Percy targeted RD this phase, RD will come back at the end of tomorrow night), will RD still come back to life?

Bozo, if the answer is no RD will not come back and mafia still choose to kill Percy, they will be throwing away their chances of winning the game and giving it 100% to the mafia.

If the answer is yes, RD will come back, then there is no problem and we will still have enough votes.

I am worried about not leaving room for error.

Ezio

#3236 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:01 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:57 am
Ezio wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

##CALL GM

What error?

Are you not worried about the mafia at all? You don't have any more scans and we have some clears, but there are still two mafia around and we've only got three clears and you're deadset on lynching one of them in an avoidable way.

I'm worried about giving us as many shots to hit the last scum as possible.

Ezio

#3237 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:05 am

In the universe where I am town and EMC is alien, there are still two scum in the game.

You guys mislynch me today.
EOD5
10 players left
7 town (minus 1 assassin shot whenever)
2 scum
1 alien (3 votes)

EON5
Rd comes back to life,1 town dies
10 players still
7 town(minus 1 assassin shot)
2 scum
1 alien(4 votes)

Panic mode ensues and you guys lynch EMC D6.
Scum NK town EON6 leaves
6 town (minus 1 assassin shot)
2 scum

y'all will have exactly 1 mislynch left and no clears.

Ezio

#3238 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:09 am

Alternatively,

You stick to my plan and you don't lynch either of us today. You let the alien be outed.

Even if we mislynch today, we still have an extra clear at every single step of the way thanks to your scan.

Are you truly so confident in our endgame scumhunting you're willing to throw away a townclear?

bozotheclown

#3239 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:14 am

Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:01 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Ezio wrote:

##CALL GM

What error?

Are you not worried about the mafia at all? You don't have any more scans and we have some clears, but there are still two mafia around and we've only got three clears and you're deadset on lynching one of them in an avoidable way.

Accounting for rdrivera, it is possible we could go into D6 with the alien controlling 4 of 9 votes, leaving no room for an erroneous vote.

Ezio

#3240 Post by Ezio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:17 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:14 am
Ezio wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:01 am
bozotheclown wrote:

What error?

Accounting for rdrivera, it is possible we could go into D6 with the alien controlling 4 of 9 votes, leaving no room for an erroneous vote.
I understand that. There will not be an erroneous vote. We are able to explain to everyone THIS GUY IS THE ALIEN AND MUST BE KILLED OR WE ALL LOSE.

It will be crystal clear and if someone doesn't seem you get it the weight of everyone in the town telling them what to do should get through to them.