M53: Mafia 1 Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M53: Mafia 1 Redux

#2581 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:36 pm

"Oh look, there are five minutes left to EoD....

"I'm one of the lead wagons...

"I will start catching up and also very slowly write a short post about Kakorotto that will take me 6 minutes to write...

"This is a reasonable response to this situation."

- Kalel asks us to believe that this was his thought process.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2582 Post by KalelChase » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:57 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:36 pm

"I will start catching up and also very slowly write a short post about Kakorotto that will take me 6 minutes to write...

Wow man. You asked a question, I gave you an honest answer. Clearly I'm a stupid stupid Mafia player. You've made your point.

Jamiet99uk

#2583 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:10 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:57 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Wow man. You asked a question, I gave you an honest answer. Clearly I'm a stupid stupid Mafia player. You've made your point.
Don't worry, Kalel. I don't think you're completely stupid. No, I think you're *scum* who is *lying*.

And if you are just bad town playing badly? Well, at least you can't do as badly as Brainbomb. You'll always have that as a consolation.

Don't take this personally. This is a game where people accuse each other of being liars and fakes, as an integral part of gameplay. Your team is in with a good chance of winning.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2584 Post by KalelChase » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:41 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:10 pm
KalelChase wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:57 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Don't worry, Kalel. I don't think you're completely stupid. No, I think you're *scum* who is *lying*.

And if you are just bad town playing badly? Well, at least you can't do as badly as Brainbomb. You'll always have that as a consolation.

Don't take this personally. This is a game where people accuse each other of being liars and fakes, as an integral part of gameplay. Your team is in with a good chance of winning.
You actually are calling me stupid, you just don't know it for sure yet. I don't take it personally, after all this is a Diplomacy site, and I saw your performance as Iron Man. :-)

I just don't understand why when I'm town I'm considered scum, and when I'm scum I'm considered town (to be clear on this second piece, the first time I was scum I had another scum team to hunt so I was helpful so that makes sense, and the second time there was the massclaim thing).

I'm of a high level of confidence that we're on the same team, so I disagree on your last point.

Jamiet99uk

#2585 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:42 pm

Oh sure I sucked in that game. My shots were **bad**.

Kitsune

#2586 Post by Kitsune » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:29 pm

Hi Kalel, I'd be sorry to see you go and I absolutely get the frustration of being repeatedly misread.

You may not remember, but M51 I had the dubious honour of being flash-lynched as the Doctor and I'm not at all certain I'd have been any more fortunate had I been awake and online to defend myself.

Once this game is over I'd love a chance to chat in PM or Discord or wherever and compare our Mafia experiences, and how we've each tried to decipher this madness with one tool or another.

And maybe I can actually get to see your spreadsheet! :)

Kitsune

#2587 Post by Kitsune » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:41 pm

My current reads from Towniest to Scummiest are:

TOWN
Jamiet99uk
KalelChase
Foxcastle
BobMcBob
foodcoats
flash2015
BunnyGo
Kakarroto
SCUM

I will happily answer any questions about any of these reads that you like after EoN, but will leave this list here in case I get caught up between now and end of phase. If I get murdered, this is a hint as to who I was expecting to vote to lynch today.

BobMcBob

#2588 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:48 pm

I have a good idea who I want to lynch today. I've changed my mind for first lynch choice. It starts with a B and it's not me.

Kitsune

#2589 Post by Kitsune » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:05 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:48 pm
I have a good idea who I want to lynch today. I've changed my mind for first lynch choice. It starts with a B and it's not me.
Brainbomb is already dead though. :razz:

Foxcastle

#2590 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:24 pm

Bunny looks scummy as fuck to me after that EOD. I haven't had time to go back and seriously dig through it, but plan on that first thing. Bunny is careful and calculated and planned as either alignment, so the idea that he would unvote because he thought that was just as good as a vote for another wagon rings very false, as does his response that he just didn't think about it.

Flash remains on my scum list as a priority, followed by Damo. Kakarroto is also now on the list after the last EOD. My lynch priority is in those 4.

I don't see the Kalel case. Bob, Kit, and Foodcoats seem fine. I have gone back and forth on Jamiet, so am going to continue to watch, but I think he's town, certainly compared to my top choices.

Kitsune

#2591 Post by Kitsune » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:40 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:24 pm
Bunny looks scummy as fuck to me after that EOD. I haven't had time to go back and seriously dig through it, but plan on that first thing. Bunny is careful and calculated and planned as either alignment, so the idea that he would unvote because he thought that was just as good as a vote for another wagon rings very false, as does his response that he just didn't think about it.

Flash remains on my scum list as a priority, followed by Damo. Kakarroto is also now on the list after the last EOD. My lynch priority is in those 4.

I don't see the Kalel case. Bob, Kit, and Foodcoats seem fine. I have gone back and forth on Jamiet, so am going to continue to watch, but I think he's town, certainly compared to my top choices.
Er... Foxcastle?

Damo is dead.

Who do you mean here?

Foxcastle

#2592 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:47 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:40 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:24 pm

Er... Foxcastle?

Damo is dead.

Who do you mean here?
Bleh, sorry, I meant Brainbomb.

Actually, I meant nothing, it has been a stupid day for me, but I wanted to make sure I got a reads list in just in case (everyone should be, at this point), and I guess including him was just my brain regurgitating outdated game state.

Kakarroto

#2593 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:59 pm

who had 3+ on them as wagon: bunny(4), bob(5), jamie(4), flash(3), kalel(5) (you could say me (4) as well but I don't count that since it was self fabricated)
who didn't: foxcastle, kitsune, food, myself (if you don't count my self fabricated)
I think, scum didn't get much pressure this game, scum would be easy to find in this group

also, there is still the question: why are we alive, why are the others dead. Part of that, I believe, are our reads. I think scum doesn't nk the ones with bad reads like myself, because of the usefulness to scum.

pretty much town
Jamie - I think he dies tonight. I can only see him being scum in the team jamie-bunny-flash
Bunny - with being the only one to go to me to vote at EoD, he got may town points from me.

townish but a bit unsure
Kitsune - while I didn't like the reaction, when I was voting for myself (scared? because I'd flip town?) I like the rest I see, plus stayed on until last minute to avoid a tie.
bob & kalel - I think both fits into the same category, doing something, trying to help, but playing into the hands of scum.

scummy
flash - I still see no efforts, we are on the brink of losing. Or are you not?
foxcastle - don't remember damo's dead? or brain? that's too disturbing. That raised too many red flags, fox also fits into the category of not having gotten much pressure
food - why am I obvtown to food? that just doesn't fit

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2594 Post by Chaqa » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:00 pm

Night has ended. Please hold.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2595 Post by Chaqa » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:01 pm

(still at work, so no flavor... again)

Jamiet99uk has died! He was Yellowjacket, a WebDip Member!

Day 4 has begun.

BobMcBob

#2596 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:02 pm

##Vote Bunny

Kakarroto

#2597 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:02 pm

you still haven't told me, why I look obvtown to you ##vote foodcoats

Foxcastle

#2598 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:06 pm

To be clear Kakarroto, the part about Brainbomb was a joke. The inclusion of Damo was an error, all I can say is that work fried my brain today and I rushed to get some thoughts down before EON based on what I had been holding in my head.

BobMcBob

#2599 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:18 pm

Since we're at MiLo, we need to make sure we lynch scum today and tomorrow, hold the lynch the day after, and then lynch the last scum on the final day (it's a real strategy, they did it in M46 or something). So we need to make sure that scum can't force a mislynch or else they win.

Kitsune

#2600 Post by Kitsune » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:21 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:18 pm
Since we're at MiLo, we need to make sure we lynch scum today and tomorrow, hold the lynch the day after, and then lynch the last scum on the final day (it's a real strategy, they did it in M46 or something). So we need to make sure that scum can't force a mislynch or else they win.
Which means I'll take a lot of persuading to move away from my own reads, and will do as much investigation as I can.

For now, sticking with what I know until I have time to review and see if anything has changed in my eyes.

##vote Kakarroto

Fox? Bob?

The case on Bunny please? I mean, I see some scumminess there (see my readlist before EoN and he's certainly been erratic) but we can't afford any more mistakes at this point.

I want to know we have our rabbit.