M53: Mafia 1 Redux

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BobMcBob

Re: M53: Mafia 1 Redux

#2301 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:23 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:20 pm
what were ya lookin for in the bot
I was looking through your posts I'm pretty sure. Can't remember exactly why, I think I may have been trying to see how you sounded, either that or I'd heard some discussion around something you said.

BunnyGo

#2302 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:29 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:23 pm
brainbomb wrote:
I was looking through your posts I'm pretty sure. Can't remember exactly why, I think I may have been trying to see how you sounded, either that or I'd heard some discussion around something you said.
Look, if you confess to being scum, I think we’re all impressed enough with your play that I’ll CC vigilante if you do. I think that’s a fair trade of chaos.

BobMcBob

#2303 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:41 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:29 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Look, if you confess to being scum, I think we’re all impressed enough with your play that I’ll CC vigilante if you do. I think that’s a fair trade of chaos.
Confess to being scum? Why would I do that as VT? I don't think anyone's impressed with my play, and I think everyone will be less impressed if I get myself mislynched. If I'm scum, my play was pretty good, especially EoD1. If I'm town, I think we can all agree it was pretty much lucky garbage to start with and then just plain garbage after that.

Foxcastle

#2304 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:45 pm

Foodcaots, Kalel, Flash, and Kitsune are the 4 people who are even more useless than I am right now.

I felt more irritated at Foodcoats on Day 1 than he seems to deserve in retrospect. Early on was still pretty much junk, and that turned me off a lot, but even late-ish on D1 and certainly N1 and thereafter he looks townie to me.

Kalel seems a little daft, but townie. A little bit focused on Brainbomb (before his PR-ness) and BobMcBob. I don't see a lot here, but I do see town here.

Flash seems useless and has been hanging out on trailing wagons. Like, I want to find things to pick at and speculate on, but there's nothing to get hold of. Laying low, could be scum trying to coast.

In the previous looks at Kitsune, I hadn't noticed that she tried to jump off Bozo (but misvoted) and then tried to jump back on EMC (after the deadline). I don't find her first day as awkward as others, but I do see what they mean. But the Day 1 votes make me think town, even if the record is overall pretty lean. I didn't see a reason for the vote on Kakarroto, though?

##VOTE FLASH.

I don't have anything specific to zero in on with Flash, but looking for that is often where I go wrong, and I want to see a competing wagon to BobMcBob.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2305 Post by flash2015 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:49 pm

damo666 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:06 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:48 pm
I have to believe that AT LEAST one of Kalel or Damo is scum (I can't believe three Mafia bussed emc, perhaps one or two). This is assuming that of course me and BB are both town.
Agreed. And I'm VT ( as brain says I'm obvious as scum).

##vote Kalel.

If Kalel flips town then very likely that BOTH Bob and Bunny are scum.

Kalel karrot food I think which is a slight shame because Bunny Karrot Food would be much funnier.
I will join this. I believe now that Kalel is more likely to be scum than you. ##VOTE Kalel

Jamiet99uk

#2306 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:51 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
CC the Vigilante claim if you're actually the Vigilante, want to ensure we lynch scum, and think it's the right call.

Don't CC the Vigilante because you goaded someone into admitting to being scum.

That's nonsense.

brainbomb

#2307 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:55 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:41 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:

Confess to being scum? Why would I do that as VT? I don't think anyone's impressed with my play, and I think everyone will be less impressed if I get myself mislynched. If I'm scum, my play was pretty good, especially EoD1. If I'm town, I think we can all agree it was pretty much lucky garbage to start with and then just plain garbage after that.
what was good about your scumplay day 1

brainbomb

#2308 Post by brainbomb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:59 pm

hmmm

BobMcBob

#2309 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:00 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:55 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

If I was scum, the one good thing I did all game was lynch emc for credibility. That said, it doesn't seem to have helped either way. If I was scum, I would have either voted Jamie to try and avoid scum getting lynched or if Jamie was scum too then just given up and let myself get lynched or tried to start a random other wagon to get mislynched.

BunnyGo

#2310 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:13 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:51 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:

CC the Vigilante claim if you're actually the Vigilante, want to ensure we lynch scum, and think it's the right call.

Don't CC the Vigilante because you goaded someone into admitting to being scum.

That's nonsense.
Just wanted to see how gullible Bob was.

brainbomb

#2311 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:16 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:00 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:55 pm
BobMcBob wrote:

If I was scum, the one good thing I did all game was lynch emc for credibility. That said, it doesn't seem to have helped either way. If I was scum, I would have either voted Jamie to try and avoid scum getting lynched or if Jamie was scum too then just given up and let myself get lynched or tried to start a random other wagon to get mislynched.

but why Jamie? damo and bunny were also options. why couldnt you as scum simply ml damo or bunny?

brainbomb

#2312 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:17 am

or bozo for that matter. you claimed you sr bozo.

none of what yoire saying is incriminating but it is very honest
honest in ways that can be used against you.

brainbomb

#2313 Post by brainbomb » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:18 am

too scummy to be scum? idk.

I like his earnestness rn.

##Unvote

Kitsune

#2314 Post by Kitsune » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:48 am

No excuses, I've been busy but so have we all.

Time to get some content out while I can, instead of waiting for the imaginary time when "I have time to look through things properly".

Invariably I'm in GT by that point, and no use to anyone.

I don't have any walls for you this game, but I do have an idea of my own for how I can usefully approach the data we've collected, starting with the objectively inarguable and moving into subjective territory as time allows.

Firstly, voting record, focusing specifically on our votes for flipped scum (on Day 1) and flipped town (on Day 2).

For the sake of argument I'm weighting a vote at EoD for the lynch as being worth 2 (or -2) points and a vote earlier in the day but moving off as being worth a point in the relevant direction. No votes for the flipped lynch at any point in the day accrue no net points here.

This gives us after two days of voting and in order of townie voting:

Jamiet99uk: 2 points, after being pro-lynch on scumemc and never voting for TownBozo.
Brainbomb: 1 point, after being pro-lynch on emc but moving off and having no votes for bozo.
Kalelchase: 1 point, after being pro-lynch on emc but moving off and having no votes for bozo.
BobMcBob: 0 points, after being on both wagons at EoD.
Foxcastle: 0 points, after being on both wagons at EoD.
flash2015: 0 points, being on neither leading wagon at EoD.
foodcoats: 0 points, being on neither leading wagon at EoD.
Kitsune: 0 points, after being on both wagons at EoD.
BunnyGo: -1 points, having voted to lynch emc then moving off and being on bozo's wagon at EoD.
damo666: -2 points; he never voted to lynch emc and was on bozo's wagon at EoD.
Kakarroto: -2 points; he never voted to lynch emc and was on bozo's wagon at EoD.

This is not a complete reads list. I do know where I'm going with this, but will deliver in bite sized chunks as I have time to write this stuff up instead of a wall which no one will read.

Interestingly my first reaction here is that Jamie, Brain and Kalel seem to have a good sense for where they should be voting.

At the time of writing they are 2 on BobMcBob and 1 on unvote, so I'll consider this with my next hunt post before I decide where I want my vote for EoD.

Questions for @flash2015 and @foodcoats:

You seem to have avoided voting for lead wagons both days. Are you trying to keep a lower profile in the voting pool?

D1 Flash: voting Damo
D2 Flash: voting Kak
D3 Flash (currently): voting Kalel

@Flash: You've been on a different target every day, and never one in danger of getting lynched. If you'd been utterly convinced someone was scummy and trying to build a wagon long term I'd have expected you to stay on them. Can you explain your movement? And why should people vote to lynch KalEl today?

D1 Food: voting Brain
D2 Food: voting Brain
D3 Food (currently): voting Bob

@Food: You've been tunneling Brain for the last two days - but now you agree with him and are voting Bob. Why do you think he's right now, when you didn't before? Do you believe he's Vig, or do you think the real Vig held fire last night? If you do think Brain is scummy, why vote Bob now?

Back looking at relationships, although I'll try to keep one eye on the discussions here.

Foxcastle

#2315 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:10 am

A lot of Bob's interactions that look worst to me strike me as potential scum-scum interactions, but we know now they aren't (Squigs and Brainbomb being two). He does jump around a lot with his votes, except for today--maybe he froze up, but that's not necessarily scum indicative for a new town player.

He has not mentioned me (he quoted me once), Flash (also quoted once), or Foodcoats (quoted once with no comment for some reason); and has barely mentioned Kakarroto (twice, both quotes with comments).

Foxcastle

#2316 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:11 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:10 am
A lot of Bob's interactions that look worst to me strike me as potential scum-scum interactions, but we know now they aren't (Squigs and Brainbomb being two). He does jump around a lot with his votes, except for today--maybe he froze up, but that's not necessarily scum indicative for a new town player.

He has not mentioned me (he quoted me once), Flash (also quoted once), or Foodcoats (quoted once with no comment for some reason); and has barely mentioned Kakarroto (twice, both quotes with comments).
Was going to go on to say that I would be fine lynching him, but I would also like to pressure some other candidates... Nobody want to join me on Flash?

Kitsune

#2317 Post by Kitsune » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:14 am

I’ll join you on Flash for now, I’d like to hear more from him.

##vote flash

BobMcBob

#2318 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:54 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:10 am

I have to say, one of my major shortfalls so far is that I have completely ignored a few of the players. I'll try to rectify that soon, but I don't have bot access at the moment so it may be a little slower.

BobMcBob

#2319 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:16 am

KalelChase wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:04 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:04 pm
if you take squiggs death as maf driven, bobmcbob rises in scumminess meteorically
##Vote Bob

This would explain why emc had to go D1. There were two scum wagons that were too close someone had to get sacrificed.
And why would i get rid of emc instead of sacrificing myself or getting bunny/jamie mislynched? This reasoning is pretty bad. I wouldn't have tried to kill emc over an innocent townie with the same number of votes. I'm not worth it.

BobMcBob

#2320 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:18 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:05 pm
so if bob is scum
maf killed squiggs potentially n1
and sk killed xorx
And why the heck would I, as mafia, push to NK Squigs who I thought seemed like scum?