Trade War _good_

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
ND

Trade War _good_

#1 Post by ND » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:34 pm

Sup everyone! Long time. I will be back 100% and I plan to start re-educating you leftist cultists.

Anyway, today we put some tariffs on Chinese goods. Honestly that's good. We have been getting ripped off for so long by the Europeans, Chinese, Canadians, and mexicans. Thank God Trump is standing up to these people and putting tariffs on them.

Just so happy that Trump is standing up to these people.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Trade War _good_

#2 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:35 pm

That’s the spirit! Teach the leftist cultists how dumb they are by pointing to a leftist tariff stance Trump is taking. That will show them!

Randomizer

#3 Post by Randomizer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:10 pm

Proof we shouldn't elect people with MBAs as president. Because just what we need are tariffs to raise prices on goods we need and face counter tariffs on stuff we can sell abroad.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4 Post by peterlund » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:33 pm

ND wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:34 pm
We have been getting ripped off for so long by the Europeans, Chinese, Canadians, and mexicans.
That because you are such big losers. You are not able to produce high quality products to a reasonable price. No wonder no-one wants to buy your shit, not even you yourselves. This is obviously the reason for your trade deficit.

ND

#5 Post by ND » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:18 pm

Lol, God I hope that Trump cuts defense subsidies to NATO so all of you can pay for all that military hardware yourselves. I'm sick of my country being taken advantage of by everyone.

@Tom: The Republican Party, back to it's founding, has had tariffs as a plank in its platform. So, IDK what you are talking about.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:29 pm

Your absecence made you rusty ND. It’s ok, you’ll get back into form soon.

Free trade is very much a modern conservative pillar - what it used to be hundreds of years ago is pretty irrelevant. To me, this pretty much undermines any good the tax cuts will do (if this keeps escalating)

ND

#7 Post by ND » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:19 pm

Yeah I am rusty. It's been like 5 or 6 months since I have really used the forums.

I am not against free trade and I don't think Trump is either, but it has to be fair. There is a point to be made that we are being taken advantage of. Protectionist policies have their place when a country is being abused. I don't see a problem with tariffs so long as they are dropped if the country it is being applied to drops their own trade barriers.

pangloss

#8 Post by pangloss » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:12 pm

There are other ways to deal with "being taken advantage of" than unilaterally slapping on tariffs. Why not make use of the WTO Dispute Settlement Board or any of the dispute resolution mechanisms within the various trade agreements? That's what they're there for anyway.

ND

#9 Post by ND » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:57 am

WTO aka a useless globalist shill forum where nothing gets done. What a joke just like the UN. Both of which are the holy grail of cultist leftists and neither accomplish anything. We should pull out of all that crap and stop funding it.

Incrementalist

#10 Post by Incrementalist » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:35 am

peterlund wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:33 pm
You are not able to produce high quality products to a reasonable price.
To some extent that is true, but that is because the baseline for "reasonable price" has been driven down through competition from countries with weak to non-existent worker and environmental protections.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#11 Post by TrPrado » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:50 am

Tariffs not only impose immense economic costs but also fail to achieve their primary policy aims and foster political dysfunction along the way.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#12 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:14 am

Welcome back to the Forum with Decorum ND. Did we miss you ? Hmmmmm, I cannot lie.
On to Daffy Donald Trump. Gee he really did well at the G 6.25 & in Singapore. Antagonised the major allies of the USA and then in Singapore gave the Chinese leadership exactly what they want for sweet f a in return.
Meanwhile all those wascally trading nations continue to work smarter & harder. Perhaps Trump can lower the minimum wage in the USA to a handful of peanuts per day to "lift US workers into poverty"
Make America Grovel Ashamedly

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#13 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:22 am

Maybe this will cheer you up ND. I'm helping an independent Federal MP defeat an extremely Conservative candidate in a bye election.
To get yourself up to speed....Google Georgina Downer, and her recent employer... Institute of Public Affairs.. you'd love her, she said the election of Donald Trump was a good thing because it signalled the end of the environmentalists Fatwah against carbon, and wants to get rid of our minimum wage, now about $Aus 17.25 per hour.
You can find out more in the Mayo bye election thread.

ND

#14 Post by ND » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:07 pm

I don't know much about Australian politics. Although anyone saying Trump getting elected is a good thing is probably a great candidate.

Jamiet99uk

#15 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:42 pm

ND, why is Trump telling lies about the parents of Korean War veterans?

Randomizer

#16 Post by Randomizer » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:10 pm

Why is anyone trusting an admitted liar, Lying Donald, that North Korea is going to stop its nuclear missile program without a real agreement better than the previous failed agreements and verification. Do you believe the North Koreans
based on a guy that sees things that aren't there?

Trump's saving more jobs in China than he is in the US. Which country is he making great? Because the jobs in the US he claimed to have saved were either decided upon before his election or slashed weeks after he claimed he saved them. If he wants to save jobs he needs someone like Clinton's Commerce Secretary Ron Brown who actually went to other countries and got written contracts to buy our goods instead of fake news.

Octavious

#17 Post by Octavious » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:05 pm

Everybody lies. Quite how someone can claim to be a diplomacy player and fail to understand this basic fact is beyond me.

Regarding North Korea, the time is right. The World needs a poster boy for denuclearization to prove that it's possible, and North Korea needs pretty much everything. Trump is an extremely likable chap to a certain sort of person, and if Kim happens to be that person then this has every chance of working.

Randomizer

#18 Post by Randomizer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:35 am

Octavious wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:05 pm
Everybody lies. Quite how someone can claim to be a diplomacy player and fail to understand this basic fact is beyond me.
If Trump was playing Diplomacy, everyone would be attacking him since they couldn't trust him. He back stabs everyone (even family) eventually when it's easier than decide whether they are still useful. Even when he doesn't stab you he finds ways to cheat you like he kept Michael Cohen on as his fixer at half salary for years (Wall Street Journal - 6/16/18).

MajorMitchell

#19 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:05 pm

The way things are going with Daffy Donald Trump, the nations with the most to gain out of his re~election will be Russia, China and North Korea, and two of those are the biggest users of cyber warfare against "Western nations". Those with the least to gain will be all the traditional allies of the USA.
The Chinese leadership are laughing at what's occurring, Trump might be tactically erratic, but he's becoming so strategically predictable for them.
For middle ranking world powers in the Western alliance group, Trump is an unmitigated disaster.

MajorMitchell

#20 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:18 pm

One notable fact, real, not alternative is that in Dairy products, the USA actually runs a trade surplus with Canada. Those wascally Canadians, running a trade deficit with the USA in Dairy products, and how stunningly clever of Trump, attacking​ a trade sector in which the USA has a trading surplus. Punishing the USA Dairy industry will really teach those wascally Canadians a lesson ( in just how stupid TrumpGod really is, MAGA, Make America Grovel Ashamedly ..at some point down the track to your inevitable Russian and Chinese Masters )