Wat's Trump Hiding Now?

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Randomizer

Wat's Trump Hiding Now?

#1 Post by Randomizer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:16 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/11/politics ... index.html

Trump's retweeting a fake conspiracy theory about the Clintons. Is he hiding something like his own involvement in getting rid of a witness to his own crime? After all his Attorney General Barr is leading the investigation and has previously supported Trump's positions in order to get that job.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Wat's Trump Hiding Now?

#2 Post by orathaic » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:41 pm

He isn't hiding, he is hosing the mainstream media with a constant stream of lies, conspiracy theories, and propoganda. So everybody gets used to it and just switches off. Too tired to disprove every single lie... It is a tactic Putin's Russia apparently uses regularly.

Trump is just following his form. Constant distraction, waste the energy of those who disagree with too much for them to cover.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#3 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:57 am

Is this related to the convenient suicide in prison of a notorious groping financier ?

Carl Tuckerson

#4 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:19 am

Randomizer wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:16 pm
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/11/politics ... index.html

Trump's retweeting a fake conspiracy theory about the Clintons. Is he hiding something like his own involvement in getting rid of a witness to his own crime? After all his Attorney General Barr is leading the investigation and has previously supported Trump's positions in order to get that job.
The answer is almost certainly "no," but I'm more than happy to let y'all think this time will surely be the end of Drumpf if it means there will be real, ideally bipartisan political pressure to dig into Epstein.
I loathe that it takes the possibility of the Clintons going down to get the mainstream right to look at it, and that it takes the possibility of Trump going down to get the mainstream left to look at it, but that's better than nothing so I'll take it. Maybe the rats on both sides will start frying each other. Wouldn't that be great?

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#5 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:06 pm

@Carl Tuckerson ~~ I reside in the fortunate Antipodes & was blissfully unaware (until recently) of the possible existence in the media/chattering political society of the USA of a prophet/ranting babbler going by the name of Tucker Carlson & after recoiling from what I heard this blighter babble my clockwork brain switched to the thought that your player name.. Carl Tuckerson would be an excellent name for a satirical parody character & .,..that was as far as I got.with it all, as some other contemplation, duty or pleasure distracted my attention.

Randomizer

#6 Post by Randomizer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:15 pm

Trump can be blamed for Epstein's death in that his hiring freeze meant fewer guards at the prison, those that were there were working 18 hour shifts, and that untrained cooks and others were being used for guards.

Whether someone took advantage of the lack of checkups and watching Epstein is still unknown. Trump heads the lists of those that would fear his testimony.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/12/politics ... index.html

Octavious

#7 Post by Octavious » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:30 pm

Trump has carefully cultivated a reputation for being an extremely bad liar, which makes him far more trustworthy than most politicians whom people (quite correctly) assume are very good liars. You can trust Trump, it is reasoned, because you can spot his lies a mile away. Much like a parent, who has told their child his eyes glow slightly when he lies, can confidently predict that their child is lying when he's insisting that the dog broke the vase whilst keeping his eyes firmly shut.

The problem is that Trump is a far better liar than most politicians.

Carl Tuckerson

#8 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:03 pm

MajorMitchell wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:06 pm
@Carl Tuckerson ~~ I reside in the fortunate Antipodes & was blissfully unaware (until recently) of the possible existence in the media/chattering political society of the USA of a prophet/ranting babbler going by the name of Tucker Carlson & after recoiling from what I heard this blighter babble my clockwork brain switched to the thought that your player name.. Carl Tuckerson would be an excellent name for a satirical parody character & .,..that was as far as I got.with it all, as some other contemplation, duty or pleasure distracted my attention.
That's where it comes from; I "created" the handle one night after a lot of drinking when I found it deeply funny that you could rearrange his name a bunch of different ways to get plausible sounding names. I do like his show but I'm not above taking the piss out of a guy's name for humor's sake :lol:

MajorMitchell

#9 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:51 pm

Thanks Carl T ... it's good that when you have indulged in some intoxication that.you find things are amusing Being a happy.& affable is the civilised way to behave when intoxicated & an indicator of good character.

brainbomb

#10 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:38 pm

Trump is hiding Anghor?