The Biggest Loser

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Randomizer

The Biggest Loser

#1 Post by Randomizer » Wed May 08, 2019 4:49 pm

The New York Times using state tax returns and IRS records has established that for a decade Donald Trump and his companies consistently lost more money than anyone else. Claiming that these were planned losses to dodge taxes and not business failures, then why did so many of his business go into bankruptcies and go out of business?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/07/politics ... index.html
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/02/politics ... index.html
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/11/politics ... index.html

I guess you think you're a business success when your father makes you head of a company and paid you $200,000 starting at age 3.

Greg_the_republican

Re: The Biggest Loser

#2 Post by Greg_the_republican » Wed May 08, 2019 6:31 pm

His net worth is still over $2 billion, so I doubt that he is worried about his companies losing money.

Randomizer

#3 Post by Randomizer » Wed May 08, 2019 11:13 pm

No, just that people won't believe his lies about how wealthy he claims to be.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#4 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu May 09, 2019 8:54 am

I think the evidence demonstrates that plenty of Americans are quite willing to believe Trumptoad's lies. It's the basis for his political success.

Octavious

#5 Post by Octavious » Thu May 09, 2019 12:18 pm

Don't be silly. The basis of Trump's success were the lies told by mainstream politicians.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6 Post by flash2015 » Thu May 09, 2019 1:37 pm

I can't watch the congressional hearings more than a minute or two because all the grandstanding is incredibly cringe worthy. Much as I dislike Trump, we know that if the democrats get a copy of the unredacted Muller report the NYT will have it too the next day too, just like we have seen with the tax returns.

I wish the democrats would let this go as we have seen this story before. Soon after Clinton was elected the Republicans were constantly on fishing expeditions to try and oust him from office. That backfired on the Republicans spectacularly in 1996...and I suspect the same thing will happen to the Democrats in 2020 if they let it continue.

And in general it isn't good for the country that every president is under constant investigation. This political paralysis is not good. Too many important issues that that the president needs to focus on. Whilst I may not agree with the policies (e.g. like on Iran), I think we need to let them play out now, at least for the next two years.