Gun control

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: Gun control

#21 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:22 am

The police in the USA are supposed to be the good persons, yet one shot and killed an unarmed Australian woman. As I make this post the news of (yet another) mass shooting in El Paso, Texas is on the TV. Stressedlines makes the assertion that both sides of the gun control discussion use scaremongering and false propaganda... To which I respond with.. Are there only "two sides" in this global discussion ? I also ask stressedlines if he asserts that advocates for responsible and effective gun control laws who use the example of Australian gun control laws as one demonstrably effective example that does work and has made Australians safer are, in his opinion, disseminating false propaganda ? Or are they offering verifiable evidence (for example, statistical analysis of gun linked injuries & deaths per capita over a thirty odd year period of time since the gun control laws were introduced and comparable to statistics from earlier decades before the gun control laws were introduced) of effective gun control laws ?

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Gun control

#22 Post by orathaic » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:27 am