new Chaos gunboat game

Advertise new games you are hosting, look for new games to join, or find other players to join your invitation-only games here.
Forum rules
This area is meant for advertising your new games or for finding new games to join with other players on the forum. Please do not make multiple threads for your game or spam existing threads. Please be civil, respect other members, and follow all of the webDiplomacy Forum Rules.
chluke
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

new Chaos gunboat game

#1 Post by chluke » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:32 pm

From order to Chaos, or Chaos to order. Please join this Chaos Gunboat game:

http://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=317974

We just had one get a lot of interest but fail to fill, so please join asap.

teccles

Re: new Chaos gunboat game

#2 Post by teccles » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:03 pm

I would have joined if it didn't have an excused missed turn. Combined with chaos, that feels like a recipe for a never-ending game.

chluke
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3 Post by chluke » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:13 pm

Teccles, there's a good chance you get knocked out the first year and don't have to worry about that ;p

I set it at just 1 excused missed turn (instead of more), because it would be a shame to loose someone for one accidental lapse. I expect that if multiple people miss the same turn they all use up their "1 excused" at the same time, so I think it will be fine ... and fun :)

teccles wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:03 pm
I would have joined if it didn't have an excused missed turn. Combined with chaos, that feels like a recipe for a never-ending game.

chluke
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4 Post by chluke » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:42 am

http://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=318235

This Chaos game above may be the better choice, with one day phases it should move along nicely.