One player needed, anonymous Classic one-day game

Advertise new games you are hosting, look for new games to join, or find other players to join your invitation-only games here.
Forum rules
This area is meant for advertising your new games or for finding new games to join with other players on the forum. Please do not make multiple threads for your game or spam existing threads. Please be civil, respect other members, and follow all of the webDiplomacy Forum Rules.
gnuvag

One player needed, anonymous Classic one-day game

#1 Post by gnuvag » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:06 am

Hi all,

We need one player to make up seven in a standard, anonymous, 1-day phase Classic game. The six of us are fairly experienced, reliable, chaty players and we'd like a seventh person the same - drop me a PM if you'd be interested in joining.

Cheers...

TheMarquis

Re: One player needed, anonymous Classic one-day game

#2 Post by TheMarquis » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:27 pm

I'm already tied in 2 games, my maximum, otherwise I would have loved to join. Alas, maybe next time!

ben9990

#3 Post by ben9990 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:00 pm

Id play, although, I am wondering more about the group (is all communication ingame and who knows who?)

String Username = "Username"

#4 Post by String Username = "Username" » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:18 pm

I'm not sure I'd count myself as experienced (only a handful of games played/playing), but I would join.

Just a quick question though. Based on the way you described it, it sounds like the other 6 players already know each other. (And if that is true, then knowing how the others write can can give away who is who.) Additionally, as asked before me, is all of the communication ingame?

gnuvag

#5 Post by gnuvag » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:08 pm

Thanks for your replies - we've now filled the game.

I should have explained better. Five of the six currently in the game played in a previous game together, and some of those had played in a game prior to that too.

I was getting a bit fed up of playing games with variable quality and reliability, so I wanted to collect players who are of a good standard, talkative and committed, to make for better games.

Always looking for good players to play with, so will ask again in future!

gnuvag

#6 Post by gnuvag » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:11 pm

Also, it's an anonymous game with full press.

I agree there are some possible downsides to playing multiple games with the same players, but I don't think they'll arise, and everyone plays each game as a one-off.