Finding games as a player new to this site

Advertise new games you are hosting, look for new games to join, or find other players to join your invitation-only games here.
Forum rules
This area is meant for advertising your new games or for finding new games to join with other players on the forum. Please do not make multiple threads for your game or spam existing threads. Please be civil, respect other members, and follow all of the webDiplomacy Forum Rules.
mobydollar

Finding games as a player new to this site

#1 Post by mobydollar » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:17 pm

Hi all, I used to play a decent amount of diplomacy online at backstabbr but there is a much larger playerbase on this site. I see that many of the new games are either password-locked or require a reliability % rating so that makes it a little difficult to find new games to join. Any suggestions or search tips to solve this?

I also created two games, "Gunboat Diplomacy-12" and "Every other day Diplomacy" if anyone would like to join those.

foodcoats

Re: Finding games as a player new to this site

#2 Post by foodcoats » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:39 pm

Posting on the forum to organize games is often a good way, and you usually get more reliable players that way. :-)

I think you start with no reliability rating but it'll be 100% as soon as you start playing, and as long as you don't NMR it'll stay that way!

I find there's mostly gunboat public games here so I create a lot of my own full press games. As long as you give about a week for people to join they always fill up.

mobydollar

#3 Post by mobydollar » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:41 pm

Thanks for the tips. I wasn't sure how the RR was calculated so it's good to know that after I start playing that it will adjust and I'll be able to join more games.

foodcoats

#4 Post by foodcoats » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:54 pm

Right on.

There's also a cross-platform tournament going on right now called the Nexus Diplomacy Tournament. If you're looking for games you can sign up to the queue and play here, Backstabbr, or a couple of other platforms as well!