Enough quasi-gunboat games! A 5-day-a-phase game for considered play

Advertise new games you are hosting, look for new games to join, or find other players to join your invitation-only games here.
Forum rules
This area is meant for advertising your new games or for finding new games to join with other players on the forum. Please do not make multiple threads for your game or spam existing threads. Please be civil, respect other members, and follow all of the webDiplomacy Forum Rules.
shudda

Enough quasi-gunboat games! A 5-day-a-phase game for considered play

#1 Post by shudda » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:26 pm

Hi. Am I the only one getting sick of 1- and 2-day-per-phase matches where there is little messaging because of time constraints and timezone differences? They end up turning into quasi-gunboat games.

So I've started a classic match with 5-day phases called "Walk slowly with knives". It is gameID 250406 and can be found here.

Buy in is only :points:15, but the required reliability rating is 90%. We don't want NMRs!

So if anyone is looking for a match where there is more than one or two messages sent per phase, and a bit of time for real diplomacy, then please join up. :-)

gimix
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Enough quasi-gunboat games! A 5-day-a-phase game for considered play

#2 Post by gimix » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:41 pm

Seems a lot of fun. I'm joining in!

BunnyGo

#3 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:33 pm

shudda wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:26 pm
Hi. Am I the only one getting sick of 1- and 2-day-per-phase matches where there is little messaging because of time constraints and timezone differences? They end up turning into quasi-gunboat games.

So I've started a classic match with 5-day phases called "Walk slowly with knives". It is gameID 250406 and can be found here.

Buy in is only :points:15, but the required reliability rating is 90%. We don't want NMRs!

So if anyone is looking for a match where there is more than one or two messages sent per phase, and a bit of time for real diplomacy, then please join up. :-)
I would love to, but my rating is 88% because of 1 missed move in a game I was substituting.

shudda

#4 Post by shudda » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:20 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:33 pm
shudda wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:26 pm

I would love to, but my rating is 88% because of 1 missed move in a game I was substituting.
Sorry about that. I didn't know that one missed set of orders had that dramatic an effect. I wasn't sure what an appropriate RR was as I havn't used the site in a couple of years, so I just guessed at 90%.

FlaviusAetius

#5 Post by FlaviusAetius » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:00 pm

Yea they changed the RR system radically and its really hard to rely on the system literally at all