Cultafia Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Cultafia Game Thread

#301 Post by dargorygel » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:49 pm

The sun is starting to look like it might begin to maybe set. And at the setting of the sun the judges will make their first judgment.

Dargorygel: we need a better, bigger abacus. Maybe a Peterbuild Abotcus?
ND: The manager of that manufactury is in Sweden, or some such place.
Dargorygel: The clock was also broken… thank thee for fixing it.
ND: (smiling shyly) I saw what needed to be done, and did it.
Dargorygel: time to make an announcement.

Official Judgmental Voting Adjustment
##Count 1.5

Squigs44 (4) Yavuzovic, Jamiet99uk. Bozotheclown, Nephthys
Bozotheclown (4) DrCJG, squigs44, damo666. brainbomb
Jaime99uk(1) ChippeRock,

Presently the hangman is chewing on an old fingerbone, sharpened into a toothpick. Because no one is set to be lynched..

Not yet voted, and in danger of their immortal souls being cast out into the shades of darkness (although there are almost 10 hours (math double checked) left before they are in REAL danger… but the situation might be getting dire… No… it IS getting dire…)
DemonRHK, worcej, Yoyozozo,

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#302 Post by dargorygel » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:53 pm

##GM ANSWER
Judge Dargorygel glances at the note passed to him about a citizen's room-speak. Glances at those in the room. Shrugs. Tosses the note into the fireplace.

DrCJG

#303 Post by DrCJG » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:57 pm

First and foremost... I will not be available at EOD. Should be free up to about 2 hours before.

Next, I am not a big fan of either current wagons: Bozo and Squigs.

As the first vote on Bozo, I am not really sure why there is a wagon here. ##UNVOTE
He has responded, but not been particularly defensive about the votes on him... and has been called out for not defending himself ?? His vote on Squiggs was a bit quick, but it didn't seem that unreasonable and I believe it came prior to Squiggs claiming to have read his role such that it seemed like he was mostly applying pressure to Squiggs.

As for Squiggs, I think the decision not to read the role PM makes about as much sense as no lynch on D1... yeah there is some logic to it but it is faulty... the more interesting question is why he declared it publicly... Still trying to figure out what this gains him in any of the three roles... but it doesn't scream scummy to me. That said, I actually really liked Yavu's analysis of Squiggs decision not to read his role PM and that a scum teammate would likely have pushed him to read it. As a result I am leaning town on Yavu and while I do not have a strong scum read on Squiggs, I would be ok with his lynch.

I found Nephthys' posts to have improved from a new player standpoint and think he is trying to apply logic and moreover his own logic so he has moved to neutral to me.

Chippe on the other hand has finally made a couple posts and I have found them to lack substance and not to mention hypocrisy. For example, he jumps at Jamie for adding Chippe to his scumpool (which I not only understand but agree with)... Chippe specifically claims it was because Jamie had voted for him when he had only a few posts previously stated:
ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:54 am
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:50 pm
I believed your earlier statement about not reading the role PM but reading me as scum keeps you in the scum lean column.
I haven't played with Chippe, happy to hear from those who have or if there is a game I can read him on... but he comes across as defensive and seems to throw shade without reasoning or at least logical reasoning.
##VOTE Chippe

Contrary to Chippe, I have found Jamie's votes and press to be more like scum hunting than looking for a quick wagon... his actively prodding people has seemed towny.

Brainbomb has actually seemed to be less inflammatory then usual, I feel like I have seen him tunnel a little harder and really get under someone's skin... but I don't want to try to read him based on his erratic behavior. I'll wait till a later day and try to read him based on more concrete information.

Worcej glad to have you back (and hope you feel better), even if you are going to scum read me again. I do seem to have a pattern of being really active then slowing down on D1... but I believe that is related to me being really excited to play then always being a little dissapointed with activity on D1.

-You mentioned that you felt we were looking at a Bozo/Squigs/DrCJG combo for cult... other than my now defense of both of them... is there are reason for the pairings or are you just saying we are your scum pool? Look forward to seeing where you cast your vote.

DemonRHK - Come back and confess to being a witch or accuse someone else, aka where are you voting?

Look forward to reading Damo's forthcoming comments.
Hope Yoyo will be providing comments.

DrCJG

#304 Post by DrCJG » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Sorry for the block post... in summary:

Scumlean
Chippe

Neutral
Squiggs
Worcej
DemonRHK
Nepthy
Bozo
Brain

N/A
Yoyo
Damo

Townlean
Jamie
Yav
DrCJG

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#305 Post by dargorygel » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:20 pm

Official Judgmental Voting Adjustment
##Count 1.6

Squigs44 (4) Yavuzovic, Jamiet99uk. Bozotheclown, Nephthys
Bozotheclown (3) squigs44, damo666. brainbomb
Jaime99uk(1) ChippeRock,
ChippeRock (1) DrCJG,

The hangman looks up, smiles, puts his toothpick in his toothpick-pouch… and starts measuring out his ropes. Squigs44 is set to be lynched in about 7.6 hours.

Not yet voted, and in danger of their immortal souls being cast out into the shades of darkness (although there are almost 10 hours (math double checked) left before they are in REAL danger… but the situation might be getting dire… No… it IS getting dire…)
DemonRHK, worcej, Yoyozozo,

yavuzovic

#306 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:44 pm

Monty Hall's role PM problem:
Between 12 players, we have 2/12 (1/6) chance to get cultist.
Since I know I am not, Squigs had 2/11 chance to get cultist.
However he didn't check his role PM.
Things get more complicated at this point.
You (except Squigs) had 2/11 chance to get cultist.
Without Squigs, we 11 players got our roles and there was only one role left and it was Squigs' role. The left role had 2/12 chance to be cultist.

Summary: You all had 2/11 chance to get scum but Squigs had 2/12. This means Squigs is less likely scum.

I don't know why I posted this. But I want to ##unvote for now. I don't feel like Squigs is scum. It's not because of this useless problem. I don't know but he feels like town to me now.

yavuzovic

#307 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:45 pm

Also I made the calculations knowing I am not cultist. If you don't believe me, made the same calculations assuming you are not cultist.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#308 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:05 pm

I'm going to come in with a ##Vote Chippe.

The last post voting Jamie felt awful. He scumreads Jamie, then scumreads Squigs, THEN uses Squigs' post to confirm a scumread of Jamie. You don't scumread, then use your scumread as evidence in the same fucking post. It's an incredibly obvious confirmation bias.

yavuzovic

#309 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:43 pm

I'm not sure here. While not having an evidence, I don't feel like Chippe is scum. I trust RHK's reads, but I want to state my opinion about Choppe.
@Chippe, I am forgetful. How many games did you pkay before this?

ChippeRock

#310 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:44 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:05 pm

The last post voting Jamie felt awful. He scumreads Jamie, then scumreads Squigs, THEN uses Squigs' post to confirm a scumread of Jamie. You don't scumread, then use your scumread as evidence in the same fucking post. It's an incredibly obvious confirmation bias.
I suggest you read up. I changed my scum opinion of Squigs AFTER he revealed he didn't check his role PM.

You guys change your minds but that's townie when I do it's scummy?

Jamie's about to find out how good he is at scum reading if this wagon takes off lol.

ChippeRock

#311 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:46 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:05 pm

I suggest you read up. I changed my scum opinion of Squigs AFTER he revealed he didn't check his role PM.

You guys change your minds but that's townie when I do it's scummy?

Jamie's about to find out how good he is at scum reading if this wagon takes off lol.

ChippeRock

#312 Post by ChippeRock » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:50 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:43 pm
I'm not sure here. While not having an evidence, I don't feel like Chippe is scum. I trust RHK's reads, but I want to state my opinion about Choppe.
@Chippe, I am forgetful. How many games did you pkay before this?
Played 1 Mafia game for 2 days and 1 night.

I would venture to guess everyone in that game knows who I am...

damo666

#313 Post by damo666 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:08 pm

OK

I'm townreading Yav, Jamie & BB and pretty much neutral on everybody else.

I'm afraid this is likely to be my last post of the day.

I am going to ##Vote Squigs mainly as punishment for either not reading his PM or declaring he hadn't when he had. I know I said I believed you Squigs but I don't have a strong reason to vote anyone else. If you get lynched and flip town I'm afraid it's your own fault.

damo666

#314 Post by damo666 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:09 pm

I lied about being last post of day. I may pop in on mobile.

yavuzovic

#315 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Hmmmmm

yavuzovic

#316 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:46 pm

I believe we need a few wagons - not a majority lynch. Because if we vote for a mason, his friend could have a chance to lynch someone else.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#317 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:02 pm

Bozotheclown - Comes into the game with some softball questions. Uses the word possibility a lot. Never commits to anything. Votes me in a post that mirrors Jamie, leaves, and later explains the reason for his vote as something that he didn’t originally post. Scum

Brainbomb - Switches his vote around a lot, entertains lots of different ideas. Isn’t as confident and carefree as his scum meta. Townie.

ChippeRock - Votes Jamie on his limited meta, disappears. Votes me because of “an attempt to get [ChippeRock]” lynched”. OMGUS at its finest. Post 277 says: “Reading me as scum keeps you in the scum lean column”. Votes Jamie for a terrible reason. Post 297 Calls Jamie out for OMGUS. No really, the king of OMGUS calls someone else out for OMGUS. His play actually looks a lot like M38, just less participation. Slight scum.

Damo666 - Has a fascination with later crocodiles. Votes Bozo for lack of defence, even though I think Bozo actually did put forth a (weak) defence. Tells worcej to reread the last game and look at how damo was useful. Asks if Yavu’s #CallGM is a disguised scumslip. Asked what I was after I read my role PM. Another anchor. Votes me as punishment for not reading role PM. Lots of small comments without any of the analysis he showed last game. Makes anchors and easy comments. Reminds me a bit of ND last game. Scum lean.

DemonRHK - Shade-o-matic 3000 sounds like a great way to hide behind a system and avoid giving real thought and feeling to the game. Or he’s just a bored townie that wants to make the game more interesting for himself. I think looking at his non-shade-o-matic 3000 posts will tell us which he is. Post 190 gives more thoughts/feelings, which seem genuine. Votes ChippeRock for valid reasoning. Pretty neutral for me.

DrCJG - Comes out of the gate quickly and comfortably. His flavor feels townie to me. Post 177 gives original reads on people that have posted that seem authentic. Post 303 is interesting. Denounces the top two wagons (Bozo and I), but also says he would be okay with lynching me. His post on ChippeRock is sounds, and his other reads seem genuine to me. Im wary of him having 1 scumread though. Slight town.

Jamiet99UK - Comes into the game guns ablazing and has continued to push where he can. His push on me after my role PM claim seems very townie, as I have already explained. One of my stronger town reads.

Nephthys - Weird first post… maybe joking, maybe trying to blend in? Has answered questions posed to him. His answers seem legit. Slightly defensive when Brain called him out for his initial vote. Does a reread assuming Jamie is scum. I like the exercise, but why choose Jamie? Leaning town, I think his slight defensiveness and weird first post is probably due to him being newer.

Squigs44 - Town. It says so on my role PM.

Worcej - Starts the game later, but with a longer post detailing some of his thoughts. Scumreads the top scumreads (Bozo and I) as well as DrCJG for some more original reasons. Didn’t believe my role PM claim. Seems pretty standard town worcej. Just enough good content for me to lean more town.

Yavuzovic - At the beginning of the game avoided answering questions and spewed nonsense without reasoning. Post 278 has actual real logic. His craziness and bad logic falls into both his town meta and scum meta, but his activity level and his one good post makes me think he is closer to town.

Yoyoyozo - Where are you?

Scummiest

Bozo
Damo
ChippeRock

Yoyoyozo
DemonRHK

Yavuzovic
Worcej
Nephtyhs
DrCJG

Brainbomb
Jamie
Squigs44

Towniest

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#318 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:02 pm

ChippeRock wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:54 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:12 pm
Let's lynch Yavuzovic.
No reasons for this? This is why you're a scum lean for me and you've been upgraded to scum moderate. You keep jumping onto wagons with no reason at all; very scummy.
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:50 pm
Nephthys is giving me better vibes now, he is one of the few people providing actual reasons for what he is saying.

ChippeRock OMGUSd me, so there's that.

Damo is still not doing anything.

Worcej is distrusting of me as usual.

Yav continues to make no sense at all.

Scum:
Bozo
ChippeRock
Yav

Town:
DrCJG
Nephthys
I believed your earlier statement about not reading the role PM but reading me as scum keeps you in the scum lean column.
Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:07 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:03 pm

That is incorrect. There are a bunch of other players who have read their Role PM and know they are town. Those people know there is 0% chance that they are scum. Most of them will currently be trying, with varying degrees of skill, to work out who the scum are.

You, Squigs, on the other hand, cannot honestly and sincerely scumhunt, because as far as you know, you might be hunting for yourself. You literally cannot scumhunt properly if you don't know you're not scum yourself.
I'm assuming I'm town. If I'm right, I can scumhunt just as effectively as if I read my PM and knew I was town. If I'm wrong and I'm scum... well at that point I wouldn't care. Yes, I very well could be scum. But your quick vote on me is interesting, since you both buy my claim and vote for me based on strategy rather than alignment.
Agreed, he has been flip flopping around onto whichever wagon he thinks has the most momentum. Classic scum behavior.

##VOTE Jamiet99uk

I advise everyone on Squigg's wagon take a look at how quickly (and with no explanation) Jamiet's jumping onto wagon's that have the most momentum (at the time).
(Emphasis mine)

I'm not referring to over the day. You scumread someone and then used them as ammo in THE SAME POST.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#319 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:03 pm

Please look into damo y'all, he has been constantly anchoring and providing nothing of substance. I'm fine with a Bozo, damo, or ChippeRock lynch.

yavuzovic

#320 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:15 pm

I really didn't like Squigs' reads list. If he is scum, his partner is probably Jammie