MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ChippeRock

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

#1761 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:16 am

Hmm... Jamiet might have realized that flash's vote was a joke vote (at the time) and knew he probably only had himself and Ezio on brain so by switching off immediately he essentially cleared himself of suspicion... Well done?

There's no way brain & Jamiet are both scum because they couldn't coordinate.

They say you play a good scum game but can you be that good? I dunno. I'll see how the rest of the day goes and make a decision.

Jamiet99uk

#1762 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:23 am

*defensive tornado intensifies*

ChippeRock

#1763 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:29 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:06 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:00 am
See? Super defensive.

I'm not starting a wagon on you though. I'm staying on Bismark until he actually takes part.
Super defensive? Lol, the over exaggeration wagon has just been started. I literally said
ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:57 am
Very suspect that your trying to sow the seeds of scum in people's heads Jamiet... You did get off of brain's wagon immediately after the Gamora reveal though... Hmm... Probably town than?

The irony though, if Jamiet starts the wagon that lynches me; with his excessant bitching about his mislynch last game. Lol.
and instead of that being interpreted as a read it's interpreted as being super defensive? I'm going to change my mind on the town thing; null now.

The hypocrisy, I could bring up several dozen other reads from this game alone that you didn't classify as "super defensive" and in fact your vote for snowy included your read on him that wasn't "super defensive".
You've got to be scum. Trying to sow the seeds of scum...

Can anyone else tell me how Jamiet can only come up with the above being "super defensive"?

ChippeRock

#1764 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:34 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:23 am
*defensive tornado intensifies*
What a joke. Ignores what I just said and says this which misconstrues what I said by making it seem illogical.

People, read what I said, I think I made some good points but perhaps in the UK they don't understand the way Americans speak English.

ChippeRock

#1765 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:39 am

@BismarckAlive

You currently have the 2nd highest amount of votes against you. Start talking, give us your scum/town reads as well as you analysis of the board to try getting us to change our opinion of you or you might get lynched; the SK could make quite a difference on your behalf.

Jamiet99uk

#1766 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:49 am

Changes his read on me from townlean to "must be scum" because I am re-evaluating my read on him.

This is known as OMGUS.

ChippeRock

#1767 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:49 am
Changes his read on me from townlean to "must be scum" because I am re-evaluating my read on him.

This is known as OMGUS.
OMGUS?

Jamiet, you are saying, that you're reevaluating your read on me specifically and no one else because I'm the only person that needs reevaluating?... Only scum tries sowing the seeds of doubt together someone lynched.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:30 am
I'm starting to think the early town vibes on Chipperock may be misplaced.

He has spent a lot of time posting about the bot, making incredibly obvious statements about the game mechanics, and asking the GM to clarify things that are either plainly stated in the rules, or have already been clarified. That's a lot of noise that makes him look active but doesn't contribute to the game. It could be that he has a fair bit more Mafia experience from other sites or f-t-f games than he's suggested, and is playing the n00b card a bit too hard, actually. When he is engaged or question he gets defensive. Hmm.
One of your reasons is BS too, "making incredibly obvious statements about game mechanics", I literally said
Evidently Vecna was town...
and your literally expanding effectively the same thing into multiple things to make your argument seem valid.

Your being an asshole because you refuse to answer my response filled with logical answers to your "read". If your town and acting lik this I'm very surprised; but of your scum I can completely understand.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1768 Post by dargorygel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:11 am

Just finished a late-night re-read. I suppose my desire to see Brain as a fake-claimer is the desire to 'catch' a big fish.
Probably wrong. Gonna try to start over.
Stupid and/or wrong are not scum-indicative though.
Back to sleep.

ChippeRock

#1769 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:49 am

This is known as OMGUS.
OMGUS?

Jamiet, you are saying, that you're reevaluating your read on me specifically and no one else because I'm the only person that needs reevaluating?... Only scum tries sowing the seeds of doubt together someone lynched.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:30 am
I'm starting to think the early town vibes on Chipperock may be misplaced.

He has spent a lot of time posting about the bot, making incredibly obvious statements about the game mechanics, and asking the GM to clarify things that are either plainly stated in the rules, or have already been clarified. That's a lot of noise that makes him look active but doesn't contribute to the game. It could be that he has a fair bit more Mafia experience from other sites or f-t-f games than he's suggested, and is playing the n00b card a bit too hard, actually. When he is engaged or question he gets defensive. Hmm.
One of your reasons is BS too, "making incredibly obvious statements about game mechanics", I literally said
and your literally expanding effectively the same thing into multiple things to make your argument seem valid.

Your being an asshole because you refuse to answer my response filled with logical answers to your "read". If your town and acting lik this I'm very surprised; but of your scum I can completely understand.
What the fuck is OMGUS? And why would there be a term for changing your read on someone?

ChippeRock

#1770 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:14 am

@BismarckAlive I see you lurking, if you take a look at the peterbot you've got the 2nd highest amount of votes for the lynch. I suggest you explain your scum/town reads as well as your analysis of the game I'd you hope to change our minds.

BismarckAlive

#1771 Post by BismarckAlive » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:22 am

Hi,
As some of you may be aware already, I started playing last game when coming back from surgery. Contributed well I thought even though I couldn't write as much rubbish as Jamiet or Brainbomb, and in the end Town won with my play and comments being interpreted the right way.
Now, add to the fact that (1) I am in Sydney Australia, so when u awake me sleeping, and (2) I am a teacher and have 3 kids, that means little time. So what I say is straight to point and is what I have spent time analysing.
I am happy with what I have done so far, and nothing since has changed my opinion so far, so until further review later tonight my time:
##vote Snowy801
All the action end of Day 1 was to save Snowy, so I figure he is my scum suspect Number 1.

ChippeRock

#1772 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:27 am

BismarckAlive wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:22 am
Hi,
As some of you may be aware already, I started playing last game when coming back from surgery. Contributed well I thought even though I couldn't write as much rubbish as Jamiet or Brainbomb, and in the end Town won with my play and comments being interpreted the right way.
Now, add to the fact that (1) I am in Sydney Australia, so when u awake me sleeping, and (2) I am a teacher and have 3 kids, that means little time. So what I say is straight to point and is what I have spent time analysing.
I am happy with what I have done so far, and nothing since has changed my opinion so far, so until further review later tonight my time:
##vote Snowy801
All the action end of Day 1 was to save Snowy, so I figure he is my scum suspect Number 1.
To save snowy? I don't see any of that from the last minute voting. Please elaborate.

What do you have against snowy; you've voted for him from D1 so please explain your reasoning on why he's scum.

BismarckAlive

#1773 Post by BismarckAlive » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:35 am

Now, with 2 Town dead, the numbers are changing, and I like numbers.
So, 16 Town, 4 Mafia and 1 SK means almost 20% chance of lynching scum is less than last game at D2 (where we got Ninja!). But it is still doable. So, who did Vecna argue against, and vote against? I am going to have dinner now, so will answer that question later my time.

ChippeRock

#1774 Post by ChippeRock » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:41 am

BismarckAlive wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:35 am
So, 16 Town, 4 Mafia and 1 SK means almost 20% chance of lynching scum is less than last game at D2 (where we got Ninja!). But it is still doable. So, who did Vecna argue against, and vote against? I am going to have dinner now, so will answer that question later my time.
Vecna is confirmed town so why would it matter? Again, please explain how D1's last minute action was an attempt to save snowy?

Jamiet99uk

#1775 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:46 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 am

OMGUS?

Jamiet, you are saying, that you're reevaluating your read on me specifically and no one else because I'm the only person that needs reevaluating?
No, I have not said that. Your defensiveness is making you paranoid and self centred.
Again, no. That is not the only example. You are claiming it is but it is not.

Geez. I only said I thought I may have to look again at my early town read of you. There's really no need for you to have a meltdown.

Jamiet99uk

#1776 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:49 am

@Chippe:

OMGUS is an acronym for Oh My God You Suck. It describes the situation where player A suddenly scumreads player B, because player B scumread, or voted, for player A.

It is not good or clear-thinking play.

Calm down.

Jamiet99uk

#1777 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:50 am

It's like "This person is questioning me! They MUST be scum!"

Jamiet99uk

#1778 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:50 am

....which is what you are now doing on me.

Jamiet99uk

#1779 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:52 am

BismarckAlive wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:22 am
This is interesting. Tell us more about what you observe in terms of scum trying to save Snowy? Do you think Snowy's mates were jumping onto Bo_Sox, or Darg?

yavuzovic

#1780 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:54 am

BismarckAlive wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:35 am
Where we got Ninja! My guts want thank.

BA, you can write anytime, that's not matter, but if you can keep your lists updated, would be better.

@Chippe, you can find mafia slang at a page in Peterbot.